What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

A redcap is one of the fae, so named because they usually wear a white cap that is dyed red with the blood of their victims. They are usually associated with nightmares and immense hunger. I believe they are similar or the same as hobgoblins. Though I wouldn't quote me on that last part.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Damn it's been awhile since I've seen Pulp Fiction... now I have to find the time to actually sit and watch it again.

And apparantly some folks liked the Ice Cream thing.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I liked it, it just made me think more of crazy than drugs is all.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Ronny's pretty much got it. Redcaps are the more violent of the fae, tending to lend themselves very well to the unseelie side of things. In 2nd edition changeling, they tended to be violent, short-tempered, and had a little gift called "Eat anything." In Laurel K. Hamilton's Merry Gentry series, they are violent, deviant, and their caps *drip* blood as a sign of status. They're also the Unseelie's commandos, of sorts. Traditional redcaps, though, are more akin to Ronny's explanation.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I knew all my useless knowledge about mythology, fairy tales, and the like would help me out some day. Now if I could only find a way to make money with it I would be set.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I knew all my useless knowledge about mythology, fairy tales, and the like would help me out some day. Now if I could only find a way to make money with it I would be set.
Write a fantasy novel. If Meyer can do it, so can you. Ten times better, probably. Plus you'd get your facts right.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Technically I do sort of have one started, though that's pretty much completely fallen to the waste side, since I've been working on this. Sadly, it would probably get rejected because I had the facts right.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Twilight is about as much a fantasy novel as it is *my* fantasy to write crap that bad and make money hand over fist like she does. Not that it's going to stop me from trying, mind you, but I dunno. I think my writing's too intelligent for the Twihard generation.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Remind me never to get two days off in a row, apparently it just means I have to work more when I get back. Thereby eliminating all the enjoyment from the two days off.

I would say twilight is a fantasy novel, a crappy fantasy novel. Still fantasy though. Personally I would have no qualms about making money hand over fist for crappy writing, myself.

EDIT: You may want to make sure you all have your havens at least most of the ready in your mind, since we're close to wrapping the Chapter up here. Any questions about, well anything knock yourselves out.

Last edited:

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I'm allowed to be confused now, right?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Twilight a fantasy novel... closer to a deluded sexual fantasy novel... I'd rant but I'd already done so quite recently. Damn Meyer and her writhing appendages spreading now into the Brother's Grimm.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

She's doing WHAT?
EDIT: Eh, I probably misunderstood. Though I recently found out that somebody has actually made up a term for her style of books - romantasy. Personally, I think "shit" is catchier.

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm allowed to be confused now, right?
Well you see sometimes when a guy really likes a gir.......Oh you meant about something else nevermind then.

I can't explain anything if you don't say what you're confused about, but I will be glad to help out?

"romantasy"...Yeah crap is catchier.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

All this smells and shit going on right now. And i really need to have an idea for a haven. It's making me grumpy that i can't think of anything.

Perhaps though... an old photography dark room that no one on campus uses anymore. Can just make sure that no one is ever around when she goes in an out, all the Students think it's locked or something, and there are other ways to keep people out and make sure the door can't be opened...

Maybe?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah, I see well the smell and the yo-yo is from a visitor that you never quite picked up on. I told you to try using your Auspex. If you think about you should be able to figure out who is or was visiting each of us.

It's not a bad idea for a secondary haven but I don't know if it would be that great as a primary haven. My main problem with that idea is you have to go there every night, er morning. Meaning more of a chance that someone will spot you eventually, no matter how careful you are. For your primary I would honestly suggest you just use an apartment. It just seems to fit your character and clan better in my mind.

As you go along you can improve the primary and the secondary, without too much trouble. However it's really up to you.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

That's what I was thinking, and blocking out the Windows with paintings wouldn't look at all suspicious with her.

And seriously? Fucking seriously? This is the last time I'll fucking disregard DM advice because it looks fucking useless. Goddammit. -throws shit around- And no, I can't figure it out. I honestly have no fucking clue what's going on anymore.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

True, blocking out the windows with paintings is a brilliant idea. Hadn't even thought of that myself, so good job there.

Well to be fair, unlike a lot of game masters I have had, I try to be helpful as long as you don't seem hell bent on being an idiot. Which none of you are, thankfully. Plus there's no guarantee you would be able to see him, but you possibly could have found out someone was there the whole time.

Actually you may not know them if you didn't read all the other preludes, but here's a little hint. You already know if you've been paying attention to the OOC thread that Rain is actually Mist, and she's visiting Ronny. The one visiting Claire is using a certain discipline that at the very least tells you his clan. The one visiting Izzy and Raven is probably a bit hard to figure out, since she hasn't really been mentioned much nor has her clan. You and fletch's visitor has been in the sewer and can obviously hide himself pretty well, and likes yo-yo's.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

My GM will usually say something like, "Your common sense feat is telling you to do -this-"

Wait, I knew that Rain is Mist? I've been paying attention to the OOC thread and i had no clue D:

And thank you for the hint, I think I get it now ;_;

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, it's similar to the common sense merit. Even if I didn't go through and assign merits and flaws to people.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it at some point, maybe it was in a little OOC aside in the actual game thread instead of here. Either way yes, it's Mist doing her best to worm her way into Ronnie's confidence.

You're welcome.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I'd give you rep for helping me figure out most of what's going on, but i must spread rep around before i give it to you again.