What's new

League of Legends: Builds, Tips, and Tricks

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Leauge of Legends: Builds, Tips, and Tricks

And people wonder why I've been taking 2-3 day breaks between my LoL games nowadays...

Game 1 Just now: 4 junglers instalock, all have smite flash...proceed bitching about who gets jungle between Shaco, Rammus, Udyr, Skarner. Ends up with Shaco getting it, only to die to blue (wtf?)...and proceed to fail every gank save one where he stole a kill in mid from me after I tossed ignite on the person >.>;;

Game 2: Decent Bot...but solo lane Galio and Katarina who both lose their lanes at once. Have one comeback then, Galio and Katarina decide to start playing "Ult Rambo"...in 2 v 5. Guess what? Loss.

My head literally hurts now after those games. Time for another hiatus from it.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Sometimes I get idiots. Sometimes I get great players. Shit balances out for me, I guess. My biggest problem are usually either trolls or people who act like THAT:

It's a balancing act, choosing who you play with usually. You don't want people who aren't going to even try at all, but you also don't want those kinds of people who will Ignore you/Report you/yell in your ear for 30 minutes, just because you died once/let them die once (despite them obviously being dead no matter what).
If they got problems with something so trivial, they ought to be dropped into a cage full of angry monkeys. Especially since they usually are far from perfect themselves.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

WHOOO!

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Awww yeah~... Flash being nerfed too. Huzzah.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Meh. I don't like Flash. Dunno about Clairvoyance, I never tried competitive play and it doesn't really appear in pubs. Interesting move with removing Fortify. I guess that's one way to save a tower less. I've never seen anyone use Rally, though, so I'm not suprised it went down. Improved Cleanse is definitely going to be much more useful, it'll make Ignite and Exhaust less dangerous. And I do know a friend of mine who'll be happy about Heal getting a buff. Also, Promote early game is going to be a bitch on the rift.

Edit: I'm writing this mostly because my friend sent me an interesting picture. He told me once before about some strange builds he used, like tank Karthus and AD Kassadin (he was really bored), now he sent me a weird Morde build used by someone else. Take a look at this and please tell me: how the Hell did that even work? I agree that one or two of those items might be good choices for Morde, but the rest of them puzzles me greatly.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pretty much the only thing you should do with Garen. Ever.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

As of today, we officially have completely new mastery trees. What do you think about them? Are they more/less balanced? Better or worse? How did it affect your choices?

I found myself actually changing a lot of things. Earlier, I liked to pick a 9/0/21 set, since I used mostly AP champions. I went with this even for Morde, altough the setup differed from mana-based casters. Now, I've changed my Morde masteries back to defence, picking HP-related stuff, and I'm considering putting more points into attack masteries.

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

It's been ages since I played this. Only question I got: Has Soraka still been fucked to hell for doing what she does best? (aka healing, aka the only thing she was good at?)

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I think we discussed her somewhere in the thread... She's not horrible, and certainly better at healing than Kayle. Still a somewhat reasonable choice, I think.

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Hmm. Jus wass curious, cause back when I first started, she was my main char ^^; That and thinking of going back into it (probably for bot play, the way I keep showing up and then going away always leaves me too out of practice for proper competition play), and was debating who to use to get me back in. Debating between Kog'Maw, Sona or Soraka, and and either Caitlyn, Teemo, Irelia or Nidalee. Kog cause he's always my favorite (and FIREWORKS!!!), Sona or Soraka cause I like my supportism, and the other four seem to just rub off on me the best out of the rest of my collection.

Allthough if you're curious I also got Ashe, Cho'Gath, Corki, Fiddlestick, Kayle, Sivir, Tristana and Veiger, and show some competence in them all.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I mostly play bot games (to make sure I get that daily IP bonus) and pubs (to stay in shape). I like to consider myself decent, if perhaps overly specialized in just a few champs.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

They've supposedly made Soraka a bit beefier and able to stay in the lane better, as well as made her single-target heal ability stronger, but at the cost of a longer CD.
IDK, though, since I never really play her.

Lately, I've been playing champions that are "elemental" more often; i.e., their abilities are based in fire, ice, rock, etc.
Gonna have to save up some IP to try out Fizz, but I'm glad there's finally a 'water' champion.
Seems a bit OP based on what the spotlight says about his passive and abilities. Then again, he also seems like he'll take some level of skill to play, since as far as I can tell he relies on his abilities to do damage, and that usually means the champion will be a bit squishier than others.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I've played against him once... A bit of an annoyance, how he dodged our attacks. However, if you catch him when he's got no escape handy, he's minced meat. Nothing terribly imbalanced in a "automatic win" kind of way, altough maybe the player wasn't used to his tricks. He can dish out quite a bit of damage, though.

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

So, I just took that one new dragon-champ, Shyvana out for a spin. I tried playing her as a tanky char versus some bots.

WORST.IDEA.EVER.

She's definately too fragile to be a purebred meleer. Towards the end of the match I figured next time I gave her a try, try jungling >,>;

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Haven't seen her too often, but I don't think people build her that tanky... I think they focus more on damage. She can hit fairly hard.

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Haven't seen her too often, but I don't think people build her that tanky... I think they focus more on damage. She can hit fairly hard.
Her suggested item build focus on boosting her crit rate, defensive stats, and of course damage and attack rate, so she does give quite a big vibe on the 'assassin' type. Relatively weak, but played right she'll tear ya a new one.

Doesn't help for most of the game I had combinations of Annie/Miss Fortune/Soraka in the lane, and the Ryze in the lane beside me there was kinda was a derp.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh yeah, those are so much fun. When I go melee against ranged champs, I usually try to flank them and use the bush, hit them hard and force to retreat. Not sure about Shyvana's early game burst, though, and against an AD/support it might be really tricky. Annie is, well... Annie. Nasty little thing. Got no idea how to handle her with an AD champ.

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Fair nuff. Fact is, I usually go ranged champs and supports usually anyway, so was kinda out of my usual game anyway. Wound up doing 4 Kills/2 Deaths/8 Assists though (though I think half of the assists came when our team Caitlyn scored a PENTAKILL...). Probably will roll out one of my old faves like Kog or Nidalee for a few rounds now.