What's new

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: LEFT 4 DEAD DEMO

DICK MOVE: At the top of the elevator in No Mercy there is construction equipment. You can, as a zombie, push said equipment int front of the elevator doors, blocking the path out. If you're going to be a dick, I'd recommend being a hunter, because they're faster and no one's going to miss one. Then you wait for them to run out of medkits and ammo. They can move it but all four of them have to work together, which isn't very likely. Usually I just push it out of the way for them and, when they asked what happened, tell them the map just spawned that way.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Shortcut:

Level 3(The sewers) in no mercy, works both with versus and campaign.

Skip the lift thingy by the gas station by going to the door that can be opened by a button in the building. This door can be opened by having someone meelee it for some 30 seconds, and less if the team helps. When done correctly, this door opens and you can skip that part entirely.

The place where you need to meelee is easily defended, and by doing so you not only skip a section of the level, you also piss off everybody on the infected team.

Lame stuff:

Level 4(Hospital) in no mercy, versus and campaign.

At the elevator, the room to the left(Facing away from the elevator) has a small closet, if all 4 survivors are in there, using only meelee and sometimes shooting a gun, they are invulnerable. This works for all closets, everywhere.

This will also piss off the infected a lot.

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

DICK MOVE: At the top of the elevator in No Mercy there is construction equipment. You can, as a zombie, push said equipment int front of the elevator doors, blocking the path out. If you're going to be a dick, I'd recommend being a hunter, because they're faster and no one's going to miss one. Then you wait for them to run out of medkits and ammo. They can move it but all four of them have to work together, which isn't very likely. Usually I just push it out of the way for them and, when they asked what happened, tell them the map just spawned that way.
Are you playing on the XBox? Because Valve already patched that up in the PC version.

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes, yes I am. I may spring for the PC version eventually, but I think I'll get the orange box first.

EDIT: Minor note: Valve don't patch nuthin on the Xbox because M$ wants to charge for everything, so valve waits for a large amount of content to make the patches and updates worthwhile. We still haven't seen any of the fixes or updates for TF2.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Well, I got both versions for Christmas. Sadly, seems I'll only get to keep one of them, and it's going to be the XBOX 360 one because the computer here can't handle it.

Though, I personally think that's bullshit. It can handle BF 2142 and Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars. I think it can handle massive zombie hoards.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

It's a good game, though a little limited now, but thats changing when the real mods come out.

The matchmaking system completely sucks though, there is no reason they couldn't just have added a server list, or even a lobbies list to choose from.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Story: A while ago I played two offline campaigns with one of my friends, Blood Harvest and Death Toll. Both ended pretty much the same.

Blood Harvest: We did fine until the end, only two Witches and we got to ignore one of them. We got swarmed at the corn field but I stood on the tractor with dual pistols and gunned down most of the zombies, almost got killed by the Smoker a few times though. At the end defense portion in the farmhouse, there were a total of 3 tanks, the first we spotted a way off and managed to damage him enough that he was easy prey once he was in the house. The second tank spawned inside the house, on the second floor (my friend joked that he must have been playing gameboy up there) and nearly killed me before it went down. It was going fine until the APC showed up, and I run out of the house and get into the APC. Both AIs were on the ground, thanks to the third tank swatting them halfway across the map, and he made the mistake of trying to save one of them. The tank flung him into the APC and charged after him. The campaign ended with the tank still in the APC, and it ended up with my character (Louis) being the only one still alive.

Death Toll: This time I'm playing as Zoey and he's playing Bill, everything is fine up until we get into the sewer and a tank throws my friend off a the railing to his death. I found him a minute later, and we continued. At one point, the AI was being stupid, and I managed to beat both a hunter and a smoker to death with a propane tank within a minute of one another. At the end rush, I was on the chain gun, and managed to gun down one of the four tanks before he even reached the house. The second I didn't get a good shot at and he got up the stairs before stopping and standing there confused for 15 seconds while we pumped bullets into his face before dieing. The second walked in the front door a minute later without anyone noticing and chucked me out the window into a swarm of zombies and a hunter. After being rescued, we bunker down, and as the boat arrives the last tank shows up. He kills one of the AIs, and my friend again goes back to rescue it as I stand on the boat. And again, the tank throws him onto the boat. The other AI rescues the downed one, and as the level is about to end the tank charges onto the boat, and kills my friend.

Lurker
Reputation score

Protip: In the end rush for the No Mercy campaign you can hide under the ramp to the helipad. It's only got one entrance and it's very narrow, so their numbers will count for nothing. You may have to deal with the odd smoker, and tanks will still be able to hit you if you stand wrong, but it's very effective.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Death Toll: Last Level
- I like to get on the pier to defend. Nice, long stretch the common infected have to run along, and you can spot special infected a good bit away. Sure, there's the water, but unless you're paying NO attention whatsoever, the water should mean nothing. Even on Expert and on Versus, as long as you've got people that know to pay attention, there should be no reason you lose once you get here. Oh, yeah, and bring a couple molotovs to light the bridge section :)

No Mercy: Last Level
- Until there's a Tank, waiting inside the structure under the mounted gun is a pretty good strategy, especially if one person hides in the corner with the pipes, one hides in the corner created by the weapon box and the back wall, and two hide in the corner between the pipe-corner and the weapon-corner (there's a window between this corner and the pipe-corner). Two should have molotovs, the other two should have pipes. Sometimes I've found pipe bombs to appear on green crates around the rooftop as well. If the Tank is dumb, the mounted gun can do serious harm.

Dead Air: Last Level
- There's a couple decent places here. One's on a hill by the escape plane, another is in a closet on the right side of the map, there's also a broken walkway between where you come out of the safe house and the fuel truck, and finally, there is, of course, the truck area that has the mounted gun. Either of these areas can work, just depends on where everyone goes and as long as EVERYONE sticks together; no splitting AT ALL.

Blood Harvest: Last Level
- The house can work, but I've found the barn to the left with the ammo stack in it to be the best. It's just a quick jump out a large window to the APC, it's difficult for anything to 'sneak' in, and there's ammo readily available. Just sit in the corner between the BIG opening and the ammo, and you're pretty much set.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I say between the ammo pile and the ladder, as it's popular to get smoked out of the barn, but yes, I agree with the barn being better.
Although, sometimes, I use the kiddy room, guard the stairs, one person on the window, and we go through the window to the barn as a fallback, but complications can easily arise there if someone's slow to adapt to any problems retreating.

Also, I don't know if they fixed the bug with the xbox version, but the good ol' mounted gun glitch works just fine for getting to safe areas.

Lurker
Reputation score

Also, I don't know if they fixed the bug with the xbox version, but the good ol' mounted gun glitch works just fine for getting to safe areas.
Explain? I have never used or seen used such a glitch.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

They fixed it on the pc version (though it may still be usable in single player though I doubt it) You know how you use to be able to melee through the door in No Mercy? There was something always really glitchy with the push. It used to be, you sit on a mounted gun, melee it 12-15 times or so, then when you jump, the physics screw up and it sends you flying. The more times you hit it, the farther it pushed you. You couldn't do it too much though, it was almost a one shot thing cuz afterwards, jumping on the gun caused you to bounce up and down repeatedly on top of it.

He got lucky, and didn't overglitch the gun

*edit* before the glitch fixes, dead air was probably the easiest campaign ever. Practically every level had a huge skippable horde, including my favorite..

This one not only skips the horde, but like half the level.

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

On a random note, I got the full version of Blockland today, so I'm working on recreating Left 4 Dead's No Mercy level. Starting with the subway, as it's the lowest part.