What's new

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: LEFT 4 DEAD DEMO

That is soooo cute ><

Yes, zombies can go near the witch in versus.

And Dawn of the Dead was a great action/horror movie :p

Lurker
Reputation score

My plan would be use the smoker to drag a person into the witch, Idk if that would work.
It is possible and, furthermore, is effective every time I use it. If I'm lucky I even survive being shot at and sweep up another survivor in the chaos...

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Good, cuz I always thought that would be an awesome plan.
And I fail to see exactly how or where Dawn of the Dead can be pointing out as "good"
Although I do hope you all agree that the Spencer Mansion would have been amazing

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Witches are a zombie's best friend. Because they also can attack witches, but can't be attacked back, most people attack the witch as a zombie to make her attack the survivors without them getting close to them.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Somebody posted that image with the boomer, smoker, and hunter sneaking past the witch and I remembered this

Last edited:

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Somebody posted that image with the boomer, smoker, and hunter sneaking past the witch and I remembered this

I JUST SAW THAT ON GAMEFAQS.

And therefore, I will quote someone from Gamefaqs.

"It would be better if they were naked."

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Merry christmas. I actually found a server where they ran a mod where all the zombies wore one of those christmas hats, and the tank was green.(The hulk)

Pale

Reputation score

Is anyone here interested in a .iso file? An install, which allows single player offline play.. maybe online if you can make it work with your steam (Whenever I try, it tells me to sign in to steam)... ? I found it, and it's free.. could upload.

Whole game, of course.

P

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i've got a dodgy russian version like that. i play multiplayer lan with some friends who know how to make it work.

pretty good, i was considering buying it if the sales took it down from 50 bucks. then i checked the stores and was gob smacked not only to find that it wasn't on sale but cost 100 dollars... someone is doing their job wrong...

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I'll probably just buy it.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I officially hate the concept of a team. The only time I played with my friends or people I trust, my ping was upwards of 2400, combination of a crappy router and a poor server. However, when my ping finally went down with some other people, I played the entire campaign moving ahead, while my team would gather up in corners in the wrong side of open areas and find a random door we weren't supposed to be in and sit there while the enemy respawned. Finally we get to the rescue part and they rush the room, while I'm covering them from behind. I get hit by a hunter with full health and my team is right on the other side of a wall. It spent enough time to incapacitate me and take my health so low that, once I finally was saved, (and then they decided to kill the boomer on me too) it took about 3 stomps from a nearby rushing zombie to kill me. The second I decide, "All right, if they want to be slow as fuck and kill every single zombie that might have spawned in an area we'll never go to, I'll do the same. Besides, we're safer together," was the same time they decide to take the strategy of "RUUUUN, THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO CATCH US!"

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

I officially hate the concept of a team. The only time I played with my friends or people I trust, my ping was upwards of 2400, combination of a crappy router and a poor server. However, when my ping finally went down with some other people, I played the entire campaign moving ahead, while my team would gather up in corners in the wrong side of open areas and find a random door we weren't supposed to be in and sit there while the enemy respawned. Finally we get to the rescue part and they rush the room, while I'm covering them from behind. I get hit by a hunter with full health and my team is right on the other side of a wall. It spent enough time to incapacitate me and take my health so low that, once I finally was saved, (and then they decided to kill the boomer on me too) it took about 3 stomps from a nearby rushing zombie to kill me. The second I decide, "All right, if they want to be slow as fuck and kill every single zombie that might have spawned in an area we'll never go to, I'll do the same. Besides, we're safer together," was the same time they decide to take the strategy of "RUUUUN, THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO CATCH US!"
Would you be offended if I said

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Congratulations, you found a normal team.

There are 3 kinds of L4D players..

1. Slow as fuck, these are the people who hang around and don't pay attention to their teammates. They want to search every single room and corner, and will do so even if the team wants to move on.

2. rushing idiots, these will start running as soon as the door opens, and will keep running untill the doors close behind them. If they notice someone got pounced by a hunter, or pulled by a smoker, they will ignore it and keep running. Even if their team is still at the start and they are halfway. These are hunter bait. When they see someone slowed by damage(Even if it's from all the zombies they shot, then left. Or even from their own shooting.) then they will yell noob at them.

These two have a few things in common, when something goes wrong, they never admit it's their fault. When something goes right, they will claim it's because of their good skills.

And they both make teams fail, you can have 3 pros, and one of these two, the team will fail. It's a teamgame, and some people just don't understand that.

3. Good players. Very rare, never seen in random games.

Good luck to everyone, and I'm looking for a few good teammates, random teams tend to suck.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Congratulations, you found a normal team.

There are 3 kinds of L4D players..

1. Slow as fuck, these are the people who hang around and don't pay attention to their teammates. They want to search every single room and corner, and will do so even if the team wants to move on.

2. rushing idiots, these will start running as soon as the door opens, and will keep running untill the doors close behind them. If they notice someone got pounced by a hunter, or pulled by a smoker, they will ignore it and keep running. Even if their team is still at the start and they are halfway. These are hunter bait. When they see someone slowed by damage(Even if it's from all the zombies they shot, then left. Or even from their own shooting.) then they will yell noob at them.

These two have a few things in common, when something goes wrong, they never admit it's their fault. When something goes right, they will claim it's because of their good skills.

And they both make teams fail, you can have 3 pros, and one of these two, the team will fail. It's a teamgame, and some people just don't understand that.

3. Good players. Very rare, never seen in random games.

Good luck to everyone, and I'm looking for a few good teammates, random teams tend to suck.
Yeah, I'm starting to make sure there's at least one person from this forum to play with before I boot up Left 4 Dead. Although I have had some luck with random games, finding some people who aren't total dicks to play with.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm starting to make sure there's at least one person from this forum to play with before I boot up Left 4 Dead. Although I have had some luck with random games, finding some people who aren't total dicks to play with.
Try versus, the part where the special zombies are players seems to trigger some sort of natural selection, forcing the dumbasses to quit and leave, and the good players stay for the challenge.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Try versus, the part where the special zombies are players seems to trigger some sort of natural selection, forcing the dumbasses to quit and leave, and the good players stay for the challenge.
LIKE MAGIC

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I've played the game in an xbox lan party now. We were waiting till we could all play together before we played it because it's one of those games that the first time through a level is the best. My brothers and a local friend, overall we make a very good team I'd say. All of us are plenty competent shooter players, my brother having won halo tourneys in our county, and none of us have some kind of personality disorder preventing teamwork. Played it on hard. All but Dead Air.

Sadly, I've still to have actually survived a single campaign myself. Somehow, no matter how well we've done throughout the levels, right at the very end, the very moment the rescue turns up, something always went cataclysmicly wrong and I end up dieing the last second. Here's my tales of last second tragedy for each map.

No Mercy: All buddys are in the chopper. I'm no more than a second behind them with a clear path. When all of a sudden a tank climbs up from practically beneath the chopper and smacks me right off the building. In memory of Bill.

Death Toll: Running from the house to the boat, a tank and boomer make a small mess of our escape and delaying it long enough for a smoker to pull me, the only one not blinded by the boomer way way out of the group and into a horde. By the time everyone else has dealt with the tank and their own problems, reviving one buddy, I was pretty messed up. Valiantly saving me, we all hobble back across open ground to the boat, by which more zombies were already flooding in. A second smoker gets me a second time just a footstep from the boat, when a boomer hurls on me as I get dragged. There was nothing my limping team could do. In memory of Bill.

Blood Harvest: It's all been going pretty good. The house defence was tough, with damned smokers pulling people from windows, but we kept it together and survived for the APC to make it. Running for the APC the normal end hordes were coming down on us, when one buddy had a great idea and flung a pipe bomb. But a poorly aimed one. Partly my fault and partly his, I didn't manage to see where the pipe bomb had went when suddenly it came from the sky right onto me. The mob that'd been trying to loosely chase it in the air, suddenly rushed together, with me in the middle. They smacked half my health down, the bomb did the rest. The two buddys now in the APC were reluctant to leave after last time they saved me. The one left just behind me tried to save me while the others covered. Up and running with no more chances for revives now, we desperately bolted for the APC, when the ever timely tank smashed me past my buddy, to land lifeless and broken in the back of the APC. In memory of Bill.

When we get together again to do Dead Air, I am gonna survive dammit. Still, much fun had. x_x

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Right out of the safe room on the second part, when you drop through the destroyed hole. Somehow a teammate of mine already died. We were heading down the stairs into the subway when I heard a smoker up behind us. I turned to deal with it, deliver a shotgun blast close up when a regular zombie practically jumped in the way, I get caught by the smoker. My teammate who was at the top of the stairs and about 10 steps away, sees me, turns just in time to see our other teammate get pounced right outside the vents on the other side of the wall up the other stairs. Gets the hunter off her, tries to pick her up despite a horde, they both end up being incapped. I can tell what happened cuz I'm watching them through the wall. And I'm never an ass over the mic when I'm captured, I think that's the problem. My mic transmissions went something like "Oh shit. Smoker behind us." "Ok, the smoker got me, whoever is Louis, come help me out, right here around the corner." "Yeah, she got hit by a hunter, I'm right here, can we help me then go help her?" "Ok, yeah you're going the wrong way, we can help her if you just get this guy off me, I'm closer anyway." ....."You guys having fun over there? Me and my buddy the smoker are having fun over here. Take your time cuz we've become quite the couple since you guys left us." "Oh you're both on the ground now? Isn't that sweet. Thanks for losing everyone" 100 health to death via smoker.
Meanwhile, the whole time I'm saying this, the guy playing the smoker is just typing the entire time "HAHA" "Lol" "You're time completely ditched you man" "You're hung out to dry"

As for funny evac stories. I've had a tank not only punch me through the boat, all the way out into open water, but I've also had the tank punch me through the copter off the roof. In both situations, I was the only survivor not on the rescue.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Man, believe it or not, most of the good times I've had on Left 4 Dead usually result in me dying. For example, on a random game once, we were at the Death Toll finale. The boat already came, we're making a last minute rush from the house to the boat. I get to the boat first, and we all opt that one guy stay back in the house to die. As it turns out, the three of us managed to attract even more zombies, and the two except me are on the ground. We manage to kill all of the zombies on them, and I go to help one off the ground. JUST then, the dude in the house dies, and all the zombies from there decide to go ahead and rush us. I manage to get the dude up, but I end up dying and he rushes to boat to be the only one to make it.