What's new

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: LEFT 4 DEAD DEMO

How can you say team work doesn't count for much? On easy and normal, maybe. But on expert? No way. I don't care how much leet skills someone could claim they have, team work is essential for survival.

When a smoker or hunter can grab you out of the blue, when a tank turns up, when a witch is in an inconvenient place. Any of those simply stop you dead on your own. No amount of being careful and alert will save you from a smoker interrupting from the other side of a train while your still busy trying to fend off a horde.

I've played the PC and XBox versions now. I'd say both are good. The port to console hasn't hurt it like with some PC titles. They got the analogue aiming down nicely, and it's easy to pull off precision shots while still plenty responsive that you never get stuck turning round. The 180 spin button helps too. I can generally actually aim better on Xbox than PC. Graphics are equal with maxed PC settings, and I've noticed no other differences.

The community I suppose is one thing, where I've played with some genuine 10 year old retards while on Xbox. But friends list on both sides solve that, and once the full game hits the people who get that would take it more seriously anyway. Knowing four friends who already want it for Xbox, plus my brothers, I'm more likely to be playing it on Live than Steam later on.

Live account is UnknownEdge.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't usually get caught by hunters or smokers. I've run into one tank but it just took all of us shooting it, that's not "teamwork" that's just extra bullets.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't usually get caught by hunters or smokers. I've run into one tank but it just took all of us shooting it, that's not "teamwork" that's just extra bullets.
I'm beginning to think that you are ALLERGIC to other's opinions.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I said it was my own experience now, didn't I?
Unless you think I should listen to his opinion on what happened to me, because surely he can offer his insight to something he wasn't apart of, right?

Hey, if teamwork works for you fine, the only reason I excel in fps's is because I'm heavy on teamwork. I'm usually the one running off commands on the mic. If people listen to me, that's teamwork to a degree, but to just run through it and shooting when I say there's something to shoot at is not exactly what I was expecting.

Lurker
Reputation score

No, the teamwork is supposed to be in the defense and wellbeing of your team, and the cooperation of that team towards a goal, in this case survival. If this were a solo game you'd be shafted by the first super-zombie you came across, and that'd probably be the end of it. You're just lucky, I suppose.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm on for an hour or so. Anyone want to go through the campaign with me?

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I'm getting on now too. Also I'm going to preorder this game.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright, I'll add you. I call Zoey.

EDIT: Dammit, my steam won't open up for some reason or another..

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

You're kinda unresponsive on Steam, aren't you?

Edit - Oh never mind.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, like I said, my fucking steam won't open up, and now neither will the goddamn game! I'll restart my computer, see how that works.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

No, the teamwork is supposed to be in the defense and wellbeing of your team, and the cooperation of that team towards a goal, in this case survival. If this were a solo game you'd be shafted by the first super-zombie you came across, and that'd probably be the end of it. You're just lucky, I suppose.
I'm just talking about the difference between "teamwork" and "having a team"
We're probably just arguing because we have different opinions on that. I will say that I recognize the fact that if I were by myself, I would never finish a round.

I wish I could play but I've got so much work to do in the next few days, I'll only be able to start playing after the demo time is through

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

(Edit - Started writing this before that post. ^^^^^^^)

I would play, but I don't have time for a game right now unfortunately.

I've played it enough now to know the difference between the team that breezed through expert repeatedly, and the team that struggled to get through advanced time and time again despite my best efforts. To say it was luck that made the difference there, rather than something the teams were doing differently, just doesn't pass.

I guess you must just be lucky or something in your games. I can't really say anymore.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

There are a few things that are simple, but help a lot..

1. close the doors behind you, it slows them down.
2. crouch if you are on front, then you won't get shot in the back by your team.
3. a single target does not qualify as a reason to throw a grenade/Molotov at, unless it's a tank or witch.
4. buddy system, you are not rambo, pick a friend and stick with them.
5. Watch your back, and your team's back. Smokers just love to come from behind.
6. Stay together, if someone is down on the ground, then don't run for the exit.
7. Do not jump in front of someone that is shooting.
8. If you are about to shoot something that is not attacking you, let the team know.(Especially if it's the witch)
9. do not shoot the boomers when they are at meelee range.(Shove them away first)
10. If a team member is pinned by a hunter, use meelee to get them off, or aim high at them. This means do not stand right next to them and then shoot all of your shotgun ammo down through the hunter on to the player)
11. If there is a witch, turn of the damn lights.
12. Do not pick up and use/keep all healing items, share with the team.
13. If someone is down and surrounded, then shoot the zombies, do not throw a Molotov and burn your team.
14. Do not set off the car alarm while people are still fighting.
15. Do not use the switch while people are fighting.
16. If you are blinded by boomer vomit, do not shoot wildly at everything that moves, chances are that is your team.
17. Do not scream or get mad when you lose, that is not what your mic is for.

These are the ones I keep seeing people screw up, a lot of them are small things, but they can sometimes mean the difference between an easy victory and getting your ass kicked.

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

That is really good list.

One thing I'd add is, "Just because you finally killed the zombie horde after flipping the switch, does NOT mean you can slaughter your teammates and run for the safe room. A hunter, smoker, or boomer is usually right next to it to kill you right after."

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

This is an accurate representation of what my team is usually like.

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Yikes. Some of you have terrible luck in teammates. That's why you play with other forum members. That way when someone screws up, you can post it here.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I've had a team of people thinking they were all rambo before, that doesn't work very well, but it is fun to watch.

Also, I've litterally had someone walk up to a witch, shine his flash light into her face and then say(Using his mic) "Hey, this one looks different"

I liked the sounds he made as he died seconds later.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Also, I've litterally had someone walk up to a witch, shine his flash light into her face and then say(Using his mic) "Hey, this one looks different"
Noob Pwnage lol

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I still love telling the team where the witch is, isolating her and going "Guys, whatever you do, don't shoot her. ... like this"
and pull a leeroy jenkins

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

What's fun for me is when I shoot the witch from far away with the pistol to attract her, then I run right next to my team mates, so they get hit instead of me.