Reputation score
Re: Lightning Warrior Raidy'isque RP

Pheonix Alugere said:
TentanariX said:
Pheonix Alugere said:
TentanariX said:
Pheonix Alugere said:
TentanariX said:
Since he hasnt been active for a long time and the RP is dead do you think it would be alright if I used Wraust's map from DoP?
He had a visible map?

That might work, it also depends on if you want people to go solo or work together.

You could try to use as well?
Idono, maybe solo. I think the dungeon genrator will work. As it will add more variety. They dont get the same dungeon or anything every level. I still need to find a good system to use for the gameplay and rules though. :headscratch:
Well, to get it out of the way first, an example map I cobbled together using the generator that could easily split up and occupy around 3 players for a good while would be this:

Gameplay, though, will take a bit more work.

One suggestion I do have is to not do this:
ACV (attack combat value) = (B+M)/2
DCV (defense combat value) = ACV-2
The way you have set this up is that anything that gives a bonus to attack also gives a bonus to defense. This means that something like combat mastery gives +1 attack and +2 defense effectively.

You should phrase it as this:
ACV (attack combat value) = (B+M)/2
DCV (defense combat value) = (B+M-4)/2
Personally, I would say you should come up with your own system rather than modifying one.

For example, one system I use works like this: (I'm using a character sheet as an example)
Code:
Str: 2
Dex: 1
MD: 3
Vit: 3

HP:6 (2*Vit)
FP:12 (2*(Vit+MD)
FR:6 (2*MD)
XP 0/10

Reflex(Dex):1+0=1
Fortitude(VIT):3+1=4
Will(MD):3+1=4

Escape(Dex):1+0=1
Escape(Str):2+0=2
Run(Dex):1+0=1
Drive(MD):3+0=3 1/10
Notice(MD):3+0=3
Fight(Unarmed,Str):2+0=2
Fight(Rifle, Dex):1+0=1 1/10
Diplomacy(MD):3+2=5
Dodge(Dex):2+1=3 1/20
Sneak(Dex):2+0=2
Lockpick(Dex):2+0=2
Knowledge[Chemicals](MD):3+1=4
Essentially, the system uses skills to do everything, and the more you use the skill the more it improves. For example:
In this, Dodge is calculated as the character's dex+their skill. The '1/20' means that the character has used the skill once at level 1 and requires 19 more uses to increase it to level 2.

The way to determine if a skill use is successful is to roll 2d6 and add the skill value. If the character is using the skill against another person, that person makes an opposing skill check with their skills. However, if the skill is just in general and not against a person, the gm assigns a target difficulty. Good values are:

Code:
6: Very Easy
9:Easy
12:Medium
15:Difficult
18:Very Difficult
HP:6/6 (2*Vit)
FP:12/12 (2*(Vit+MD)
FR:0/6 (2*MD)
XP 0/10
Here, HP is the character's health, FP is their fatigue, and FR (Which I kept forgetting to use in the campaign) is fear points.

This could be easily adapted as FR becoming pleasure and every erotic attack deals pleasure damage (And fatal attacks deal health and fatigue damage), and if fatigue drops to 0 the player passes out, while if pleasure hits maximum, they orgasm and take heavy fatigue damage before pleasure resets to 0.

In the system, I used xp to determine the character level. Each time they leveled up, they would gain 1 stat points

Players start with 1 in all stats and 5 stat points to spend as they wish. Given that an average human has 2 in all stats, this means they are slightly above average.

Ways you can adapt to this:
If you want abilities, have them give a +1 or +2 bonus to certain skills or let them have special skills that deal higher damage or the like.
Also, to do this, have the use an alternate set of 'ability points' instead of stat points to purchase the abilities.

By the way, damage in this system tends to be very low, and an online diceroller can help with oddly numbered dice. A barehanded attack does 1d2+body, weapons can give bonuses to damage or increase the die size slightly. Also, ranged weapons have a +dex instead of a +body in calculations as a representation of accuracy.
Nah, I dont think I need the abilities. Your system works good, from the looks of it. I will put up a new post with the system you gave me; also the way I see it armor will give defense bonuses depending on the material it is crafted from, example:
Code:
Leather +0
Wood +0
Copper+0
Iron +1
Steel +2
Mithril +3
Orihalcon +4
They will also have hitpoints:
Code:
Leather 6hp
Wood 8hp
copper 10hp
Iron 12hp not available until level 2
Steel 15hp not available until level 3
Mithril 20hp not available until level 4
Orihalcon 30hp not available until level 5

Everything armor except leather provides defense against erotic attacks and all weapons and armor break once theyre hp reaches zero
Should we just use swords or weapons such as staffs, daggers, axes, and bows as well?

let me know what you think.

Yes I know its a double post and a pretty big one, but I cant PM it to you just yet so this will have to do for now, Pheionox. So if you dont mind just look this over and let me know what you think.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

A few things, first: Why can't you pm? The forum errors interfering?

Second:
I'm guessing you are having the armor work effectively as extra hit points as well as a defensive buff at higher material grades. (And presumably, since you say leather doesn't work against erotic attacks, at some point the armor becomes damaged enough so that higher grades don't stop erotic attacks as well. Probably that point would be when they reach leather's max hp of 6.)

Third:
I would suggest you come up with your own set of skills, though, given that the skills that character had were for a modern campaign.

Fourth:
Try using spoiler tags on your quote to reduce its size.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Here are the completely finished Rules and info:
Code:

HP:6 (2*Vit)
FP:12 (2*(Vit+MD)
Pleasure:6 (2*MD)
XP 0/10

Reflex(Dex):1+0=1
Fortitude(VIT):3+1=4
Will(MD):3+1=4

Escape(Dex):1+0=1
Escape(Str):2+0=2
Run(Dex):1+0=1
Hide(Dex):1+0=1 1/10
Notice(MD):3+0=3
Fight(Unarmed,Str):2+0=2
Fight (Melee, Str): 2+0=2
Fight(Bow, Dex):1+0=1 1/10
Diplomacy(MD):3+2=5
Sneak(Dex):2+0=2
Lockpick(Dex):2+0=2
Knowledge[Magic](MD):3+1=4
Essentially, the system uses skills to do everything, and the more you use the skill the more it improves. For example:
In this, Dodge is calculated as the character's dex+their skill. The '1/20' means that the character has used the skill once at level 1 and requires 19 more uses to increase it to level 2.
The way to determine if a skill use is successful is to roll 2d6 and add the skill value. If the character is using the skill against another person, that person makes an opposing skill check with their skills. However, if the skill is just in general and not against a person, the gm assigns a target difficulty. Good values are:

Code:
6: Very Easy
9:Easy
12:Medium
15:Difficult*
18:Very Difficult
HP:6/6 (2*Vit)
FP:12/12 (2*(Vit+MD)
PL (pleasure):0/6 (2*MD)
XP 0/10
Here, HP is the character's health, FP is their fatigue, and PL is pleasure how much sexual stimulation they can take before they orgasm.

Every erotic attack deals pleasure damage (And fatal attacks deal health and fatigue damage), and if fatigue drops to 0 the player passes out, while if pleasure hits maximum, they orgasm and take heavy fatigue damage before pleasure resets to 0.

You can choose to rest instead of moving ahead in the dungeon to recover health, fatigue, mana, and pleasure. In which you will recover 1d of each for every 30 minutes you rest, but also risk a chance of sneak attack/raping based on a roll of 1d6, 1-3 you are raped, 4-6 you recover fine with no worries.

In the system, I used xp to determine the character level. Each time they leveled up, they would gain 1 stat points

Players start with 1 in all stats and 5 stat points to spend as they wish. Given that an average human has 2 in all stats, this means they are slightly above average.

Code:
Leather +0
Wood +0
Copper+0
Iron +1
Steel +2
Mithril +3
Orihalcon +4
They will also have hitpoints:
Code:
Leather 6hp
Wood 8hp
copper 10hp
Iron 12hp not available until level 2
Steel 15hp not available until level 3
Mithril 20hp not available until level 4
Orihalcon 30hp not available until level 5
Code:
Weapon Damage Modifiers
Staff (dex) +1 (wood), + 1 (copper) +2 (Iron), +4 (steel), +6 (Mithril), +6 (Orihalcon)
Dagger (dex) +1 (copper), +2 (Iron), +4 (steel), + 6 (Mithril), +8 (Orihalcon)
Longsword (str) +2 (Copper), +3 (Iron), +4 (steel), +8 (mithril), +10 (Orihalcon)
Bastard Sword (str+dex)/2 +3 (copper), +4 (Iron), +8 (Steel), +9 (Mithril), +10 (Orihalcon)
GreatSword (str) +4 (copper), +4 (Iron), +6 (steel), +8 (Mithril) +12 (orihalcon)
Axe (str) +2 (copper), +3 (Iron), +4 (Steel), +6 (Mithril), +8 (Orihalcon)
Greataxe (str) +4 (copper), +6 (Iron), +8 (Steel), +10 (Mithril), +12 (Orihalcon)
Short bow (dex) +1 (wood) +1 (copper), +2 (iron), +3 (steel), +4 (mithril), +6 (Orihalcon)
Longbow (dex) +2 (wood), +2 (copper), +3 (iron), +4 (steel), +6 (mithril), +8 (orihalcon)
Light crossbow (not available until level 3) (dex) +3 (wood), +3 (copper), +4 (iron), +6 (steel) +8 (Mithril), +10 (Orihalcon)
Heavy Crossbow (not available until level 4) (dex) +4 (wood) +4 (Copper) +6 (Iron) +8 (steel) +10 (mithril), +12 (orihalcon)
Throwing Knives (dex) +1 (Copper), +2 (Iron), +3 (Steel), +4 (Mithril), +5 (Orihalcon)
Whip ((dex+str)/2) +0 (leather), +1 (Copper), +2 (Iron), +3 (Steel), +4 (Mithril), +5 (Orihalcon), -1 when using to disarm

Everything armor except leather provides defense against erotic attacks and all weapons and armor break once theyre hp reaches zero

Code:
Magic Points: These can be used to purchase special abilities such as a force field, levitation, lightning bolts, fireballs, invisibility and healing. Every PC starts out with 10 MP.
Abilities:
Lightning - Sends a bolt of lightning towards the foe causing X damage where X= MD+level(s) of Knowledge [Magic] - 3 MP
Force Field - generates a barrier stopping 4+(MD+Knowledge [Magic]) damage - 4MP
Fireball - Fires a fireball at the foe causing 4+ character level damage - 3MP
Healing - heals MD+Magic Knowledge level damage to from an ally - 10 MP
Levitation - Allows the character to fly X yards where X= MD+level(s) of Magic Knowledge - 3MP
Invisibility - Allows the character to become completely invisible for X minutes where X= MD+level(s) of Magic Knowledge - 7MP
You gain 1MP every level. MP= 6+(2*Mind)

You can find a list of the enemies

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

perhaps you could add throwing daggers and whips to your weapon stats? ^^;

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Here, HP is the character's health, FP is their fatigue, and FR (Which I kept forgetting to use in the campaign) is fear points.

This could be easily adapted as FR becoming pleasure and every erotic attack deals pleasure damage (And fatal attacks deal health and fatigue damage), and if fatigue drops to 0 the player passes out, while if pleasure hits maximum, they orgasm and take heavy fatigue damage before pleasure resets to 0.

Two things, you may want to reword that to remove the references to fear points before you set the system down in a rule thread. Also: how are you going to be doing mana, health, and fatigue recovery? 1d(Body) health and fatigue +1d(Mind) mana per hour of resting, or...?

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I was thinking of maybe instead of an hour maybe every 10 30 minutes of resting restores 1d of health and fatigue and mana.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Whatever works for you, as long as you have something.

Edit:
How do you increase MP? Would you have MP be 6+2*Mind? (That would leave someone of average mind having 10mp to start with.)

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

that works fine. ^ ^; Ive added the details for MP gain and level. I also added a whip and throwing knives for weapons on the chart.

Last edited:
OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Double Post: Anyway, I think Ive got everything worked out the way I think will work best for the RP. I just need to wait and hope that people show enough interest in it.

P.S.: Merry XXX-mas! ;)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

You may want to change your first post so that it has the correct rules then. Otherwise, people may make their decisions based off of those rules instead of the ones you are using.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Lightning Warrior Raidy RP

*looks at all the numbers, then head explodes*

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

It looks more complex than it is. Effectively, the more you do something the better you get at it when it comes to skills.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

It looks more complex than it is. Effectively, the more you do something the better you get at it when it comes to skills.
That needs to be a motivational poster with a DnD char sheet

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Well, to simplify the rule post: you don't really have to worry about much as the player. Simply put each time you use a skill (Dodging, attacking, masturbating with a redwood treefolk, etc.) you get a point of experience with that skill. When you get xp in a skill equal to (1+ your current skill level)*10, your skill level increases by one and your xp resets to 0.

Essentially, if you have a dodge skill level of 0, after you have tried (Successfully or not) to dodge 10 attacks, your skill level will increase to 1. After you have dodged another 20 times, it goes to 2.

Your effective skill bonus in any skill is the skill level plus the relevant stat (Dexterity in the case of dodging).

For those worried about the sheer amount of skills, you probably will only use half or so. Especially for escaping grapples. There are two grapple escape skills: If your character tries to escape by squirming free of the enemy, you use the dexterity skill. If your character likes to use brute forces and shove the monster off or push them away, they use the strength based escape skill. That's already a point where only one of the skills applies to your character.

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

Where should we post character sheets if we want to play?

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

After looking over the rules again and understanding better I'd be glad to join

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Okay. I will be back home from work and online at around 430-5pm central time. Also I am currently rubbing pehionx through a beta run trying to work any problems out and learn how to GM well. But feel free to write up a character if you like, and Ill try to get to starting your quest up ASAP.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

For now, your character sheets can go here.

Just as a notice, however, there are currently a few bugs in armor costs that will be worked out hopefully later today.