What's new

Lurker Wars

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Lurker Wars

Sinful, you should make a new topic for Lurker Wars 2.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Perhaps I should. Once it's posted I will. For the story, I definitely will. It'd be silly not to.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

May I enquire to what it is exactly you are all discussing so intensively?

(Is this the thing from TH or one of the other old ones where people where dreaming of making a metaphorical book about the forums?)

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Here's a post in the new Lurker Wars thread:

Burrito actually gave a pretty good description in Chibi's chat. But since I didn't save that, I'll just give a small summary of his summary.

Basically, the whole thing started when Supermeme, an underage b& and the main target of everybody's flames, created a second account, Supersonic, and actually argued with himself. He was banned and Mo and I began making talk about how it would be interesting if the forums was forced to fight against Supermeme in a war-type scenario.

The idea extended to Supermeme leading an army of Lurkers, which were the main population of the original forums at the time. We had about two hundred or so Regulars and people who had a dozen or so posts, while Lurkers who only posted once or not at all were numbering in the thousands(?). Thus we made the idea of Supermeme leading this innumerable army against a small band of Regulars.

In the original forums, we had a chatroom similar to Chibi's chatroom. When Mo and I explained the idea to everyone, it was pretty well taken and we started taking everybody's requests on how their characters should be, the weapons they would use, their appearance, and anything they wanted. It was like an RP that was turned into a story.

Later on as we wrote, we concluded that not only would this be a story about the fictional battle between Lurkers and Regulars, we would use Lurker Wars as a way to chronicle the events of all of us. This means the entire series will actually span from the original forum, to Tentacle Haven, to now. Some key events in the forum history would be a retelling of what happened to the original forums, the adbots from Tentacle Haven, and Linemarvel's return (But that event is waaaay ahead of schedule).

We began the story with frequent updates, but as time passed we eventually got lazy as hell and eventually it led to this. Sinful is now the new author is most likely going to portray the story in a way that we couldn't.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

*Slithers in to breathe just a little more life into this*

Well. Second to last chapter is finished to compliment the new chapter Sinful did. Now all that's left is for Onikain to send in the final chapter. God help me if he never even started though...

Anyway, editors prepare for some wincing. It's gonna suck looking through this one.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

So uh. Merry Christmas everyone. Here's my gift to the forums: the penultimate chapter of Lurker Wars. Yes, there's actually a final chapter in the works, yes I've actually been working on it this entire time, albeit VERY sparingly. But, Oni and my combined might have produced sixteen pages of writing so far. One day, I hope I can share the final chapter with everyone.

Until then, enjoy the shoddily written, second-to-last chapter of Lurker Wars. God knows I haven't proofread it.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Holy shit an update! I was particularly laughing at Nu's segement.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Haha, holy crap! That's pretty fucking fortuitous - I'm just about to post my own Lurker Wars story! Except my one is a Lurker Wars 2 prequel fanfic deal, and I'm waiting on Sinful to get back to me about parts of it, but that'll take awhile so I'll just post it now. I haven't actually read this yet myself, got more posting to do first...

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well... the end of this is coming up, I'll have to get back to work on Number 2.