What's new

ACT [ Maken Ansala ] さきゅばすの日記 / Succubus Affection

labov

Reputation score
Hmm. Production values are ok-ish, zell's art is decent as usual, but what we can see there of the gameplay isn't exactly blowing me outta the water D:

Deleted member 80122

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hmm. Production values are ok-ish, zell's art is decent as usual, but what we can see there of the gameplay isn't exactly blowing me outta the water D:
Yea that's the problem i'm noticing too The combat is really bad like what's the point of fightning enemies if you can't even knock them out.

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
unless the link got reported and removed by zippy, even copy pastign the link into my URL bar gives me 403
im salty now -_-

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
i dont know what im doing wrong then, mind if i throw you a private message?

labov

Reputation score
Yea that's the problem i'm noticing too The combat is really bad like what's the point of fightning enemies if you can't even knock them out.
Well, you can defeat them by jerking off onto them and hitting them with the cat mage attack easily enough. Which is....fun. Not.

And you can absorb and reflect attacks with your shield.

But the way it's implemented makes for a piss poor gameplay loop; I've had rounds of minesweeper more interesting than that. On top of that, your "followers" do fuck all except follow you really poorly and serve as mindless fuckpuppets without any other interaction or purpose than taking the MC's dick at the drop of a hat.

Seeing how those were the two points Maken Ansala made a big fuss about, I'm not exactly any sort of whelmed. I'd really not mind the gameplay aspect too much if the developer didn't put so much of a focus on it (dhm, poring, etc did very well with putting the gameplay second behind sexiness, humor, what have you), but the way it's now it's really just utterly forgettable.

Not to mention the spider girl he'd been teasing since day 1 isnt even in :p

Kladius

Reputation score
Hey guys so I actually wanted to buy the newest version for 500 Yen but it didn't work, there was some kind of error with my credit card.
Isn't there any other way to pay because I didn't see the option to pay with paypal.
It can't be that the reason why it didn't work was because I live in the west... right?
Is there no other way. I don't want a link or anything for the pirated version I just want to pay the 500 Yen and try it out.
Maybe some of you know more.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Unfortunately, Ci-en is pretty much like that. It's unfortunate because that's usually the main reason why the West has to pirate the games; there's no other way to actually get access otherwise.

alex123000

Reputation score
Hey guys so I actually wanted to buy the newest version for 500 Yen but it didn't work, there was some kind of error with my credit card.
Isn't there any other way to pay because I didn't see the option to pay with paypal.
It can't be that the reason why it didn't work was because I live in the west... right?
Is there no other way. I don't want a link or anything for the pirated version I just want to pay the 500 Yen and try it out.
Maybe some of you know more.
As a possible solution - since you have an account, go to all ages version of DLSite main page and purchase 500 dlsite Points, you can use those to pay for ci-en membership. (this option worked for me and some other people atleast)

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Well, you can defeat them by jerking off onto them and hitting them with the cat mage attack easily enough. Which is....fun. Not.

But the way it's implemented makes for a piss poor gameplay loop; I've had rounds of minesweeper more interesting than that. On top of that, your "followers" do fuck all except follow you really poorly and serve as mindless fuckpuppets without any other interaction or purpose than taking the MC's dick at the drop of a hat.

Seeing how those were the two points Maken Ansala made a big fuss about, I'm not exactly any sort of whelmed. I'd really not mind the gameplay aspect too much if the developer didn't put so much of a focus on it (dhm, poring, etc did very well with putting the gameplay second behind sexiness, humor, what have you), but the way it's now it's really just utterly forgettable.

I think giving too much power to the protagonist is a bad habit some programmers can get into.
Programming new moves and skills isn't too hard especially if you're working with a competent artist.

The problem is the enemies. When working on an action game, if you make your protagonist strong, the enemies need to be strong to keep up. Enemies in Devil May Cry and Bayonetta have tons of attacks and different ways they move. In Maken Ansala, there's no real complexity to how the enemies act. They're just stat sponges so that's not fun.

This is the Resident Evil Problem. In RE6 the heroes were insanely competent fighters with their melee attacks, had tons of ammo and the game was basically an action game. Because the heroes were so competent you never really saw a Zombie grab animation. They never got to you, and you approached all challenges with a light candor.

Making a weak protagonist needs to be a conscious effort is generally an intelligent decision depending on the tone of the game. That's why I like the fact that the hero in Shiro No Yakata can't jump. Zell made a conscious effort to make the hero there weak, and it shows because enemies just running at you is threatening. You don't even get a weapon.

It's why Dark Souls is so interesting in my opinion. Your stamina bar and slow animations show weakness in the hero. You're supposed to overcome ridiculous adversity despite those weaknesses though. If you could play through Dark Souls as Bayonetta the situations would not be as intense or memorable.

Kladius

Reputation score
As a possible solution - since you have an account, go to all ages version of DLSite main page and purchase 500 dlsite Points, you can use those to pay for ci-en membership. (this option worked for me and some other people atleast)
Alright thanks man.
I am going to try it out now.

labov

Reputation score
I think giving too much power to the protagonist is a bad habit some programmers can get into.
Programming new moves and skills isn't too hard especially if you're working with a competent artist.

The problem is the enemies. When working on an action game, if you make your protagonist strong, the enemies need to be strong to keep up. Enemies in Devil May Cry and Bayonetta have tons of attacks and different ways they move. In Maken Ansala, there's no real complexity to how the enemies act. They're just stat sponges so that's not fun.

This is the Resident Evil Problem. In RE6 the heroes were insanely competent fighters with their melee attacks, had tons of ammo and the game was basically an action game. Because the heroes were so competent you never really saw a Zombie grab animation. They never got to you, and you approached all challenges with a light candor.

Making a weak protagonist needs to be a conscious effort is generally an intelligent decision depending on the tone of the game. That's why I like the fact that the hero in Shiro No Yakata can't jump. Zell made a conscious effort to make the hero there weak, and it shows because enemies just running at you is threatening. You don't even get a weapon.

It's why Dark Souls is so interesting in my opinion. Your stamina bar and slow animations show weakness in the hero. You're supposed to overcome ridiculous adversity despite those weaknesses though. If you could play through Dark Souls as Bayonetta the situations would not be as intense or memorable.
I don't mind if they're weak, or the hero is strong, especially not in the "tutorial zone".

But the mechanics themselves are just as weak as an old grannie's fart. Zell's art is okay, but not so overwhelming that I can forgive craptastic gameplay, especially in a game that brands itself as being about the gameplay.

Again, a great contrast is poring's newest game, Castle of Temptation. The enemies are incredibly weak, there's not much of a challenge (which frankly I wouldn't want in an erotic game), but the basic concept, mechanics and gameplay loop are just great - poring's hilarious humor ("2020 will be a great year to kick your ass" + monster girl using her foot to push the protagonist balls deep into her sister, is just his latest antic), the idea behind it, the vibe, the artwork, the eroticism and not least the micro-"""puzzles""" you have to go through are just about, oh say, a trillion times better than "jerk into this monster girls face and hit her with cat beam until her lust bar is depleted".

No amount of inflated difficulty can make up for shitty gameplay loop, boring mechanics and a ho hum overall feel.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I don't mind if they're weak, or the hero is strong, especially not in the "tutorial zone".

But the mechanics themselves are just as weak as an old grannie's fart. Zell's art is okay, but not so overwhelming that I can forgive craptastic gameplay, especially in a game that brands itself as being about the gameplay.

Again, a great contrast is poring's newest game, Castle of Temptation. The enemies are incredibly weak, there's not much of a challenge (which frankly I wouldn't want in an erotic game), but the basic concept, mechanics and gameplay loop are just great - poring's hilarious humor ("2020 will be a great year to kick your ass" + monster girl using her foot to push the protagonist balls deep into her sister, is just his latest antic), the idea behind it, the vibe, the artwork, the eroticism and not least the micro-"""puzzles""" you have to go through are just about, oh say, a trillion times better than "jerk into this monster girls face and hit her with cat beam until her lust bar is depleted".

No amount of inflated difficulty can make up for shitty gameplay loop, boring mechanics and a ho hum overall feel.
I think it's a bit unproductive to just say the mechanics are weak. I'm trying to give reasons as to why they're so weak.

The whole statement I had about weak heroes was to show that he wasn't making the most use of his art assets. Since Zell isn't drawing crazy enemy attack patterns and all that, his enemies are on the weaker side. In order to have satisfying mechanics to play around with, the hero should also be on the same playing field as the enemies in my opinion and that disparity is what's causing the mechanics to feel like shit.

sibu12345

Reputation score

I jjust got the game but like idk how to progress after the flower girl boss. All there is is the slimes, tree girl, spider girl and the flower girl. Aside from the tutorial witch. Is that it to the demo? At one point 2 of the home town npcs brought me to the latest quick travel house and then contracting with the flower girl made some cut scene into the house and that's it.

I kinda regret paying for it alr. So hyped for the the first time I saw it a year back or so but if this is all the content in a year, Imma hold off patreoning the ci-en based on what y'all said

AlexDuKaNa

Reputation score
I jjust got the game but like idk how to progress after the flower girl boss. All there is is the slimes, tree girl, spider girl and the flower girl. Aside from the tutorial witch. Is that it to the demo? At one point 2 of the home town npcs brought me to the latest quick travel house and then contracting with the flower girl made some cut scene into the house and that's it.

I kinda regret paying for it alr. So hyped for the the first time I saw it a year back or so but if this is all the content in a year, Imma hold off patreoning the ci-en based on what y'all said
I also got stuck there, not sure if that's everything at some point the succubus says to go visit now "Wind something something" after i did the contract with the
I also checked the art in the files and there's more. so we might be missing something. if any of you can progress past the alraune

Reputation score
I jjust got the game but like idk how to progress after the flower girl boss.
I also got stuck there, not sure if that's everything at some point the succubus says to go visit now "Wind something something" after i did the contract with the
If you are talking about the newest demo, it's normal because the demo lets you to play STAGE1 only.
No new maps atm after contracting the boss alraune.

Last edited:

Sire Loser

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So the game got dlsite and release date somwhere in march

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
So the game got dlsite and release date somwhere in march
From the Description.

Japanese:
名前:サキュバスアフェクション
ジャンル:エロドットアクションRPG
エッチなジャンル:エロドット 魔物娘 仲良しHと逆レイプ
エッチなドット:49H +a(服を脱いだ差分 ぶっかけ差分 主人公君のオナニー エッチな挑発)
エッチなCG:基本5枚 差分多め

Google Translate:
Name: Succubus Affect
Genre: Erotic Dot Action RPG
Naughty genre: Erotic dot Demonic girl Good friend H and reverse rape
Naughty dot: 49H + a (difference undressed bukkake difference hero's masturbation naughty provocation)
Naughty CG: Basic 5 sheets

Honestly sounds like a lot but I'm curious how they came across that number. Do they separate the creampie animations with the regular animations?
Because if that's the case then there's 4 animations per character that's 12.25 animations.
.25 makes no sense.

Oh that's right the alraune had a unique animation where she masturbated to make apples fall, and the hero does have his masturbation poses so maybe there's some offset.

I hope I'm calculating that incorrectly though.

Still around 12 enemies wouldn't be bad at that calculation.