What's new

Member Announcements Thread

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Member Announcements Thread

can you blame us obe? Really that's typically what I do when somebody breaks the trend of a fun, holiday-ish series of posts with a for srs "my life is like this and this is what I'm going to do about it." I have a roommate sort of does the same thing all the time, constantly complaining about her problems. A typical example of a conversation:

her: "Omg I'm such an emo git I have so many problems, I'm getting better but ommmmggg"

me: /disregard

Same principle applies

Reputation score

well this is an announcement thread I made an announcement nothing more I didn't really expect anyone to care that much anyway my innactivity has already seperated me from the community pretty well. It was just a update for a forum I used to call home.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't know you that well, and don't know much about you other than your terrible grammar is annoying and I usually skip reading your posts (another likely reason your previous post got completely ignored), but I'm going to hazard a guess that it's not your inactivity that alienates you, but stupid emo posts like that. When I read that post, I saw nothing but "I don't expect anybody to care, boo hoo" and "it's all my fault because I'm worthless and inactive, boo hoo" and "this used to be a welcome place but now it's all cold and dark and unfriendly, boo hoo."

I'm not trying to offend you, but why don't you try not constantly talking about how much you think the forum hates you, but post something other people care about? I don't think anybody in an online forum that you don't already know personally really gives a shit about your personal life or even your past with the forum. I mean apparently Oni blew up the first one and we still keep him around... for example. If you posted something in the love thread, or contributed to the H-section, or just brought us some funny videos, I bet you anything you'll feel more welcome than you do right now.

Another tip: spellcheck your goddam posts. Nobody's going to read them if they can't get past the first ten words without having to read it over three times just to understand what you're saying.

If you really want to stop being alienated, try those things. If you're still shunned, THEN you'll probably have a legitimate reason to cry about it.

Reputation score

Odd I actually never intended it to be an emo rant as your saying. It was simply meant to be a member announcement. Yes I'm aware my grammar is pretty bad but I have been working on it and I had thought I did take the time to go threw the post and I did spell check it actually as I have said I have been taking more time with my posts now rather then my usual garbled chatroom speak. I apologize if somehow I offended your eyes Alias.

I'm doing the best I can with the limited resources I have at my disposal. Had I believed that my post would be emoy I would have revised it I was actually in a upbeat mood because I was going to try and reconnect the bridges I burned over the years here.

Aside from that being emo on the Internet is something I've grown out of the last few months as I have matured a lot more.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Welcome back, do you want a new name to go with your maturity?

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Now let's try and clear this up a little. Shadow, you're acting like an emo. Stop denying it.
Odd I actually never intended it to be an emo rant as your saying.
I'm doing the best I can with the limited resources I have at my disposal.
Not once has anyone mentioned your "limited resources". What's even more odd is that you were talking about your bad grammar prior to this, so the sudden transition from your bad grammar to your struggles is rather jarring. What kind of person brings up their own personal problems completely unprovoked and even unrelated to the topic at hand? I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Now you say that you intended it for it to merely be a member announcement. After all, this is the "Member Announcement Thread". Let me show you what an announcement a member makes when a real-life situation comes up looks like.

I've got a message from Siphon to pass along. Siphon says that he's back home from his oral surgery but it'll be a couple of days before he can get round to posting anything properly because the second surgery hit him pretty hard. Siphon expects to be out for about two more days but hopefully he'll be well enough to post by about Sunday.
This isn't Siphon diving into his own psyche to explore what's wrong with him. It's him announcing that he'll be gone because of his teeth.

Now we look at your announcement. You talk about how life is a bitch and how the pain you felt when the first forums went down under was a reason why you distanced yourself from us.

I don't mean to say that you're not allowed to be sentimental in your announcements. We've all made a post like that. But when you start making your own personal faults into the topic of the post, you just end up coming off as, you guessed it, an emo.

Now let's take a look at your "I don't really expect people to care" mindset. Everybody who reads that can tell you want them to care. And why do you want them to care? Because you're being an emo git. Every time you deny that you're an emo, you end up further portraying yourself as one.

So by now you've either stopped reading this and plan on leaving the forums again, or you're still reading on in hopes that I have at least one good thing to say. So here's my solution to what I foresee is going to be the main problem: Stop whining and just enjoy yourself in this site. We aren't Livejournal or Facebook or any other place people go to vent online. We're a forum dedicated to hentai. We're here to relax. Stop inviting your own life here; If not for making less of an ass out of yourself, then at least do it so the rest of us don't feel awkward and uncomfortable because we don't want to be rude and make long-winded posts about how you're being really emo right no- Well I guess you can forget about that last part.

Granted, you did announce things that you wanted to contribute to the forums, but here's the thing: You just made yourself look bad again. None of us truly know you, Shadow, other than the fact that you type terribly and like to whine about your life a lot. So all these grand plans you have are going to fall on deaf ears because we don't know about you enough.
"But Darkfire, I don't have enough time in my life to post frequently. Plus, I'm not an interesting person." Horseshit. Hettie, the person working on the Jungle Girl remake, has less than a hundred posts. Toffie, the creator of Fairy Wars, has less than a hundred posts. And look at me; I'm the least interesting guy ever and contribute nothing to these forums, other than these dashing good looks and being the forum punching bag, and yet I've stuck around long enough to be lovably hated.

So take a chill pill and stop letting your personal problems leak into here. Unless you're looking for advice, we don't really care. Have fun and contribute in the forums and stop being an emo git.

Oh, and another telltale sign of someone being an emo is when they overuse dramatic language like this:
I was going to try and reconnect the bridges I burned over the years here.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Wow Dark.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I totally saw that coming out of the blue.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

-insert long-winded pitchfork and torches rant here-
Surprise surprise Dark makes an entire page of criticizms about a person that's pretty much talked like he's criticizing for about, er, 3-4 years that I know of?

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Surprise surprise Dark makes an entire page of criticizms about a person that's pretty much talked like he's criticizing for about, er, 3-4 years that I know of?
Well, someone had to eventually.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I blame Darkfire.

Luckily, thanks to your post :p

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Something exactly like this happened between me and my friend.

I think I even made a silly list of grievances too...

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Something exactly like this happened between me and my friend.

I think I even made a silly list of grievances too...
My guess is we all have at some point. Maybe not a list, but still, it is human nature to bottle things up until they reach a boiling point. That point does usually seem to be something minor.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

My guess is we all have at some point. Maybe not a list, but still, it is human nature to bottle things up until they reach a boiling point. That point does usually seem to be something minor.
Looking back the way I said it was silly, but it was a huge deal =/

It just wasn't really something friends should do to friends.

Reputation score

Well I have no amazingly worded Comeback If I'm seeming emo thats a bitch cause I'm trying my damnedest Not to be Honestly dark I don't know how to respond other then Shit I don't Know what to say.

I have never been one for increadible wit and to be honest All this is abit over my head for understanding @.@

New name maybe. As far as the hole announcement let me try it better

So ya shit be wack lately Desided to take up a past time of wrighting.
Hope to post it on the board. Sorry I've been a bit of an emo bitch over the years I'm working on it. Oh and Raptor Jesus is still my god Peace all

Was that any better >.>?

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Works for me. You don't need to be witty for people to like you. Just look at Raptor. Nine thousand posts of nothing, and for some reason people like him. I'm glad you're taking this with a grain of salt though. Here's hoping you stay for a little while longer.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't need people to like me. And fuck you dark, I'm proud of my post count, because I have little else to be proud of, other than my decent writing ability.

Reputation score

grain of salt hardly I see this as a massive miss communication of what I ment by my post It was just me saying hi basically and giving you an update of whats up I'm done with that emo bullshit darkfire My life sucks enough as it is. I really don't need to project it all over the Internet. I took it as Constructive critism even if again most of it is way over my head because how people saw it was totally not what I had in mind.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

hi shadow, everyone else say hi and then move along.