What's new

Member Announcements Thread

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Member Announcments Thread

I guess you're right, I feel kind of betrayed now too.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I was hesitant to talk about this because it's somewhat private. But then again I've already talked about it in the chat, so here goes nothing.
This Monday, July 13th, I had to take a stress ECG to determine if I have to serve my 9 months of military service. During that test it came up that my pulse is way too high. The doctor that spoke to me afterwards told me that he has seen people who suffered a heart attack and were fitter than me. He told me that with a pulse like that, I'm taking 15 years off my life unless I'm doing something against it. After coming home I took my pulse with an eletctronic blood pressure meter (including a pulse counter) and was shocked to see 107 bpm (beats per minute) pop up. That is about 30 bpm above normal.
Before you worry too much, my pulse has normalized somewhat since then. Still I'm seeing my doctor about this. If I am seriously that unfit, measures will have to be taken.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

That's sucktacular, hopefully it gets fixed without to extreme of measures from the doctor. Is it just your pulse rate or is your BP high as well?

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That's sucktacular, hopefully it gets fixed without to extreme of measures from the doctor. Is it just your pulse rate or is your BP high as well?
Nope, blood pressure is normal. My heart just beats too fast too quickly. Not healthy at all.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Massive suckage on that one, Rule. Hoping that it gets worked out soon.

And now for something completely different...

I'm going to be gone from about 1600 (4PM) EST on 24 July until sometime about 1800 (6PM) EST on 2 August. I volunteered to help with something, and I may or may not have internet connection. Likely not, so I'm leaving this.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Yikes, Rule! Yes, definitely get that taken care of! I've heard of high BP (runs in my family. Yay.) but never an accelerated pulse rate. Strange.

And Shadow, good luck with what you're up to! Hopefully you will have net, but if not, have fun!

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

@Rule: I blame all that beer and German food.
But in all seriousness, I hope it's something that you can do something about. 15 years off your life... that's just too much :(

@Shadow: good luck with w/e it is you promised to help with; if it keeps you off that long, it must be worth it :p

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

I've heard of high BP (runs in my family. Yay.) but never an accelerated pulse rate. Strange.
Attractive Doctor Syndrome.

But in all seriousness, that sucks Rule. :( Hopefully there's some way to fix it... unfortunately it's probably exercise.

ShadowWolf's going? Damn, just when I was going to express interest in his Star Wars RP. Ah well, see ya man, and good luck on whatever you’re doing.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Express interest anyways, the man's been bugging me to play it as a PM version, he'd be happy to have ya! :)

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

@Host: If you want in, go ahead and post. I'm not leaving until Friday afternoon (For me. This is being posted Monday morning for me.)

I might end up with possible internet access that week, so I might be on. If not, then I'll be planning, which would be necessary, since I've only got a few ideas at the moment of where I want things to go. Read the thread for the reason why.

@Those who are wondering: The deal I'm going to be helping with is the VBS of the church my father was recently appointed to. The trick is, it's on the middle of a national forest region. Not part of any park, but still close enough that cell phone and wireless internet service is somewhat spotty.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

@ Gator, Ronny and Rule... Jeez you guys, I'm gone for two days all of a sudden folks are getting hurt left right and center. Do take care of yerselves, and hope you all get better.

@shadowwolf good luck at the church thinger.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

@ Gator, Ronny and Rule... Jeez you guys, I'm gone for two days all of a sudden folks are getting hurt left right and center. Do take care of yerselves, and hope you all get better.
Codeine fun ^_^

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Second that, Gator. Was reminded by my mother before getting discharged after my own surgery wayback to not call tylenol with coedine "the good stuff!" in front of the doctor. You have fun with that.

Okay, call it being a part-time Catholic...what's a VBS?

Edit: Had a moment of insight. Something Bible Study? Probably wrong.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vacation Bible School.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Umm codeine fun, demerol even more fun. Almost makes me wish I'd injure my leg again.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

And then, of course, there's always Valium.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

The Dwarves found Snow White's vallium and suddenly, they were all Happy...

Funny how searching for a stupid comic (which I *still* cannot find) can turn into a 45 minute distraction...

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

It's been busy two weeks. Also, I lost my hair. Bonus points for anyone who can guess why.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Uh, you fell under a lawnmower.

Just kidding, chemo.:(