What's new

Re: Atelier Tia : 2D Action Fighting Game [Bugs Fixed Demo-Uploaded]

Well your fix got it working and at first it was slow and really draining my laptop's memory but after a quick restart that issue was gone.

Short and simple. Gameplay is smooth and fun. I love it.

And here's to hoping the full game comes out soon enough before symptoms of withdrawals start showing up.

Last edited:

I immediately wanted to play it since you said you took the inspiration from odin sphere.
I really loved that game and to know that you made a game out of that made me downloaded it and play the demo.
I played odin sphere so the battle system was easy but of course it's not exactly like odin sphere of course it will take a lot of time to do all that technique and stuff
Of course the guard button is broken like you can do many cheat things
i did read the thread so i know you know that problem already.
I love the humor in the game.
:3 Good luck to you in the future!
This game is Awesome.
Well your fix got it working and at first it was slow and really draining my laptop's memory but after a quick restart that issue was gone.

Short and simple. Gameplay is smooth and fun. I love it.

And here's to hoping the full game comes out soon enough before symptoms of withdrawals start showing up.
Thank you
Vanillaware's games and Atelier series are my most favorite games. So I really want to combine both two together :D

I will do my best and don't make people withdrawn. But this is a large project. So it's still need lot of time for development.

Wow, the demo is really fun and the art is great. I would suggest a change to the almost ubiquitous "mash button to escape" struggle mechanic though - If you've ever played Wolfenstahl's Paperheads (Or even Helldivers) I'd suggest going with that system - press a randomly generated sequence of movement controls (Or WASD) to escape instead of the same 2 as quickly as you can.
Another suggestion is being able to "punish" the girls you rescue. This could have a penalty of some kind in exchange for short-term gain, sort of like the little sisters from Bioshock.
You mean a random arrow key right? up/down/up/right, left/right/left/right
Something like that. Will think about it :D

About punish a girl you rescued. Someone already come up with this idea.
But it's weird and make Tia look like a villain :p

speaking of the WASD movements, think you can slightly fix the button configuration screen?when i want to change up or down to the arrow button, it moves the curser and replaces ether left or right with the up or down command, it would be helpful if you could prevent the curser from moving at all untill it registers the command.

speaking of the WASD movements, think you can slightly fix the button configuration screen?when i want to change up or down to the arrow button, it moves the curser and replaces ether left or right with the up or down command, it would be helpful if you could prevent the curser from moving at all untill it registers the command.

This seems to be one of the apparent bugs in the demo atm. Although you can easily configure the default UDLR and the WASD configuration pretty easily with the "Default JKL" and "Default ZXC"buttons, which is pretty handy!

This is definitely a huge improvement from your previous game; not to mention a very good improvement with art and movement! Looking forward to release! :]

I wonder if a corruption/shame mechanic is planned? :v

Has anyone else came with a combo other than 3J (u+J/I) K 3J (f+J/I)?

Also what is the use for d+J and air d+J. The former seems rather out of place with the combo happy system and while the latter can work with it, its low horizontal range makes it hard to connect other than enemies directly below.

Has anyone else came with a combo other than 3J (u+J/I) K 3J (f+J/I)?

Also what is the use for d+J and air d+J. The former seems rather out of place with the combo happy system and while the latter can work with it, its low horizontal range makes it hard to connect other than enemies directly below.

You can try 3J ,guard, 3J for infinite combo
but as I make this comment it'll get fixed next patch

Futa - Yuri ... wow ...
it really fit my taste if it's not with Ryona ...
nevertheless, this is a GREAT game ... good luck ...

Well I did discover another one
3J u+J 3J cancel into f+L 4J to extend the combo a bit.

However I do find 4J pretty practical, mainly because it is not a good idea to be in the air too long if there are slimes or fighting enemies that cannot be juggled (Slime Boss, Bee Girls). I only do the full combo if I know I will not get interrupted (e.g. if I get all of the enemies in the combo).

Three things I'd like to request:
1. Having the option to use the items upon pressing the number twice.
2. Remapping the punish action to a separate key.
3. Allowing air d+J to hit enemies lying down.

This seems to be one of the apparent bugs in the demo atm. Although you can easily configure the default UDLR and the WASD configuration pretty easily with the "Default JKL" and "Default ZXC"buttons, which is pretty handy!

This is definitely a huge improvement from your previous game; not to mention a very good improvement with art and movement! Looking forward to release! :]

I wonder if a corruption/shame mechanic is planned? :v

The keyboard config buttons and guard reset combo/jump are fixed.
But I don't want to reupload for small fixed :p

You can do varieties of combos in this game but still you can't do easy combo with boss.

And no corruption or shame system. It's action type not RPG anyway :rolleyes:
Well I did discover another one
3J u+J 3J cancel into f+L 4J to extend the combo a bit.

However I do find 4J pretty practical, mainly because it is not a good idea to be in the air too long if there are slimes or fighting enemies that cannot be juggled (Slime Boss, Bee Girls). I only do the full combo if I know I will not get interrupted (e.g. if I get all of the enemies in the combo).

Three things I'd like to request:
1. Having the option to use the items upon pressing the number twice.
2. Remapping the punish action to a separate key.
3. Allowing air d+J to hit enemies lying down.
1. Why have to press twice? You usually use it by mistake right, HA HA
If you use gamepad and use item by accident because you want to press B for eavde.
I already make another gamepad type which change item use to L1.
2. The problem is gamepad button is full.
3. Will think about it? But dive attack not useless.
At least if you feel danger on air. You can use it for quick landing.

Game looks great.
Im not realy a big fan of Yuri/lesbian but I know some are. You said all bosses are female I think male/monster bosses thrown in would be a good addition with some ROL scenes etc

You mean a random arrow key right? up/down/up/right, left/right/left/right
Something like that. Will think about it :D

About punish a girl you rescued. Someone already come up with this idea.
But it's weird and make Tia look like a villain :p

I was thinking more along these lines:
Say the most basic enemy will have a random sequence of 5 buttons to press in sequence: The first time it could be Left, right, up, up, down; The next time: Up, down, up, left, right etc

A more difficult enemy could have a sequence of six, bosses or mini-bosses could have controls beyond the movement keys thrown in too, or have the subsequent buttons in each sequence hidden until you press the one immediately before it. Some enemies' struggle sequence could always be "3 random movement buttons, jump and special". There's a lot of room to mess about with it and make the struggle sequences more interesting and more challenging, because right now you almost never complete a H animation unless you want to; you're either buttonmashing fast enough or you're not.

Game looks great.
Im not realy a big fan of Yuri/lesbian but I know some are. You said all bosses are female I think male/monster bosses thrown in would be a good addition with some ROL scenes etc
Game has lot of scenes with girl on girl and all bosses are female.
But most mini bosses are monsters and mini bosses will have game over CG if patreon goal reach :D

I was thinking more along these lines:
Say the most basic enemy will have a random sequence of 5 buttons to press in sequence: The first time it could be Left, right, up, up, down; The next time: Up, down, up, left, right etc

A more difficult enemy could have a sequence of six, bosses or mini-bosses could have controls beyond the movement keys thrown in too, or have the subsequent buttons in each sequence hidden until you press the one immediately before it. Some enemies' struggle sequence could always be "3 random movement buttons, jump and special". There's a lot of room to mess about with it and make the struggle sequences more interesting and more challenging, because right now you almost never complete a H animation unless you want to; you're either buttonmashing fast enough or you're not.
I can't confirm because I still don't learn how to code it but if I know I will add it.
Maybe add moving bar and press button at the right time same as Parade Buster ;)

Game has lot of scenes with girl on girl and all bosses are female.
But most mini bosses are monsters and mini bosses will have game over CG if patreon goal reach :D

I can't confirm because I still don't learn how to code it but if I know I will add it.
Maybe add moving bar and press button at the right time same as Parade Buster ;)

The random buttons mechanic is a good idea, but please don't make it a timing based mechanic. Some of us are really bad at that sort of thing. <_<

Please no. Struggling is fine as it is. I'd like to be able to actually watch the animations instead of having to focus on mechanics to struggle.

The random buttons mechanic is a good idea, but please don't make it a timing based mechanic. Some of us are really bad at that sort of thing. <_<
HA HA, will think about it :p
Please no. Struggling is fine as it is. I'd like to be able to actually watch the animations instead of having to focus on mechanics to struggle.
It's not hard and even if you pressed wrong. All buttons will not reset.

So I played the demo and I have to say its quite good. Congrats on that I can tell it took some hard work.
One criticism I have is with the lack of sound during sex scenes. There is no sound from what I saw other than the final cumshot sound. Im not sure how hard it would be for you to add some sound effects (even just a slapping noise to simulate the sound of sex) but imo games that have sounds accompanying the sex scenes are instantly 2x as erotic or more.

The gameplay is pretty good, so my only complaint in the public demo is probably the lack of overall impact that sex has. The animations are so steady back and forth that it looks very tame and relaxed.

I am but one opinion, but my personal suggestion is to turn your 80+ H animations to multiple contextual animations on the same enemy.

A simple context might be "with clothes" and "without clothes".

But it's your game so good luck with it ;D It's awesome so far.

So I played the demo and I have to say its quite good. Congrats on that I can tell it took some hard work.
One criticism I have is with the lack of sound during sex scenes. There is no sound from what I saw other than the final cumshot sound. Im not sure how hard it would be for you to add some sound effects (even just a slapping noise to simulate the sound of sex) but imo games that have sounds accompanying the sex scenes are instantly 2x as erotic or more.
Game will have voice in the future. For now I don't have good H-voice resources. The only resource I have are resources from virgin Invader.
i can't find voice that match for Tia. And if Tia don't have voice, it's better to all girls no voices :p
I am but one opinion, but my personal suggestion is to turn your 80+ H animations to multiple contextual animations on the same enemy.

A simple context might be "with clothes" and "without clothes".

But it's your game so good luck with it ;D It's awesome so far.
Nope sorry, game will have only torn. I'm not fan of fully naked.
And if I have to spend time for fully naked for all sprites. it's better to do new H-pose.

I'm uploaded Game Version 0.04 on first post. No new contents as always :p
Here what's change :

- Game become exe file, no need to install.
- Add Gamepad Type1 and Type2. You can config in Option.
- Fixed up/down buttons bug in keyboard config.
- Guard no longer reset attack and jump.
- Dive Attack animation when ground slower a bit.
- Add "Readme-Can not start game" in game folder.

Back