What's new

Re: Atelier Tia : 2D Action Fighting Game [Bugs Fixed Demo-Uploaded]

Nope sorry, game will have only torn. I'm not fan of fully naked.
And if I have to spend time for fully naked for all sprites. it's better to do new H-pose.

There's a way to greatly reduce the amount of work needed to make sprites when you're gonna want to do torn/fully clothed/naked scenes; basically just start of with fully nude, make the clothing as replaceable symbols/templates, and just go on from there. From my experience when having to reuse symbols and objects multiple times, it's probably easier to start off with "bare-bones" objects.

There's a way to greatly reduce the amount of work needed to make sprites when you're gonna want to do torn/fully clothed/naked scenes; basically just start of with fully nude, make the clothing as replaceable symbols/templates, and just go on from there. From my experience when having to reuse symbols and objects multiple times, it's probably easier to start off with "bare-bones" objects.
There are some problems
- I use frame by frame sprite. If game has torn and fully naked. Game memory load and file size will be double.
- If I make fully naked h-sprite. Do I have to make fully naked for all Tia fighting sprites?
She's torn while fighting. Then fully naked when get rape and torn again after H? It's weird :eek:
- I didn't make Tia fully naked model from start because of above.
And it's a lot easier to do animation for me in this way instead of worry that sprites will look good on both torn and fully naked in the same pose.
It's not just swap parts. You have to care about how the cloth/outfit movement in each sprites too.

It's 100 times harder to do this for sprites when compare to stand still image like RPG Maker.

Last edited:

There are some problems
- I use frame by frame sprite. If game has torn and fully naked. Game memory load and file size will be double.
- If I make fully naked h-sprite. Do I have to make fully naked for all Tia fighting sprites?
She's torn while fighting. Then fully naked when get rape and torn again after H? It's weird :eek:
- I didn't make Tia fully naked model from start because of above.
And it's a lot easier to do animation for me in this way instead of worry that sprites will look good on both torn and fully naked in the same pose.
It's not just swap parts. You have to care about how the cloth/outfit movement in each sprites too.

It's 100 times harder to do this for sprites when compare to stand still image like RPG Maker.

Oh wait no, by "sprite" I didn't mean pixel. I was actually meaning "sprite" as in a Flash sprite. :v

But I do understand about "Frame by frame" having a very severe consequence on work load; and since you did already start the entire thing, I guess starting naked flash sprites may already cause unnecessary workload.

Man i love this game already even though its only in demo, its as good as virgin invader. There will be a gallery mode right? like in virgin invader and voice?

Even if you don't make the struggle mechanics more complex, at least have a mechanic that makes them harder in some way. Shinobi girl for example even if it is a simple mash it got harder and harder to break free based on the number of times you had already been raped. And how this scales could easily be influenced by changing the game difficulty for example.

Breaking free too easily all the time = a kind of pointless mechanic
Struggle mechanic too complex = hard to watch the animations and play simultaneously
Breaking free too hard or tedious all the time = carpal tunnel

Finding a good balance can be hard, but also how you do it is determined by what you want the player experience to be and how you want to make your game.

So when it comes to designing a struggle mechanic, a good idea once you have how you want them to struggle (e.g button mash, button timing, arrow keys etc), is to put in some kind of longer term limiter or consequence for getting raped too many times or for too long etc that could eventually cause a loss. This lets a greater group of people play how they want to and everyone wins.

But its still in the early phases so lets wait to see how it progresses first before making any judgements

Man i love this game already even though its only in demo, its as good as virgin invader. There will be a gallery mode right? like in virgin invader and voice?
Yes, will have gallery mode and voice :D
Even if you don't make the struggle mechanics more complex, at least have a mechanic that makes them harder in some way. Shinobi girl for example even if it is a simple mash it got harder and harder to break free based on the number of times you had already been raped. And how this scales could easily be influenced by changing the game difficulty for example.

Breaking free too easily all the time = a kind of pointless mechanic
Struggle mechanic too complex = hard to watch the animations and play simultaneously
Breaking free too hard or tedious all the time = carpal tunnel

Finding a good balance can be hard, but also how you do it is determined by what you want the player experience to be and how you want to make your game.

So when it comes to designing a struggle mechanic, a good idea once you have how you want them to struggle (e.g button mash, button timing, arrow keys etc), is to put in some kind of longer term limiter or consequence for getting raped too many times or for too long etc that could eventually cause a loss. This lets a greater group of people play how they want to and everyone wins.

But its still in the early phases so lets wait to see how it progresses first before making any judgements
Yes, it's hard to balance but I planned to make 3 type of struggle now.
Each enemy will have one of the type like Mercernary use spam left/right, Bad Alchemist use arrow keys.

Stage 1 enemies design

NHwdJhk.png

Yay for more female enemies! Will the minotaur involve breast milk or forced breastfeed? If so that'd be nice :D

Stage 1 enemies design

NHwdJhk.png
If these enemies are from stage 1, I take it the stage that ends with the slime boss is prologue/tutorial/stage 0?

When will we see the new enemies in game?

Yay for more female enemies! Will the minotaur involve breast milk or forced breastfeed? If so that'd be nice :D
Her punishment should involve with milk.

If these enemies are from stage 1, I take it the stage that ends with the slime boss is prologue/tutorial/stage 0?

Yes, demo is prologue stage :p

I will release stage1 for patrons after I'm finished stage1 and most of the system.
And maybe release stage1 as public demo after I finished stage2 for patrons.

the fact a normal bee is gonna somehow rape the main character

the fact a normal bee is gonna somehow rape the main character
Sorry but normal bee don't have H-scene. Only annoy player in fight :p

You evil creature. I'm so hype for the cow girl and how she's gonna rape the m.c. XD

I think I can imagine trying to hit something with a tiny hit-box is pretty annoying as it is. For extra tears, have them team up with the bee-girls.

that carrot sword i'm done.

I think I can imagine trying to hit something with a tiny hit-box is pretty annoying as it is. For extra tears, have them team up with the bee-girls.

Team up with bee girl? Will think about it :rolleyes:

Team up with bee girl? Will think about it :rolleyes:

lmao, crap we are screwed. XD

Last edited:

Is the Cowgirl the boss or a regular enemy? she's sexy

The monster enemies helps to add variety for the game, isnt a bad thing i think

....carrot sword?!?!

Back