What's new

ACT [Menz Studio] Atelier Tia (RJ273582)

Balmunk Fezarion

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Atelier Tia : 2D Action Fighting Game [Bugs Fixed Demo-Uploaded]

I don't have errors yet but I think the out of memory error is caused by coding, some of the codes might have caused memory leaks, e.g. creating too many objects without destroying them.
Also I have no idea what am I talking about.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Atelier Tia (2D Action Fighting Game)

I just want patrons feel comfortable to support :D
That's what I mean though, I don't think people would feel comfortable supporting if they pledged enough to get the game, then they stopped pledging (like the majority of people on Patreon would do), then they find out at game release they don't get the game, etc.

There's really no reason to require them to keep pledging to get their reward when Patreon keeps records and you can keep your own records yourself, haha.

FallenAngelMen

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Okey, fixed the problem, apparently my pc decided to uninstall my drivers for some reason and forced me to use my other shitty build in video card. so, after testing the hell out of your game I can concluded their aren't any problems on my side anymore.

ps. because of your game I found this nuisance, so many thanks from me, cheers!

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Atelier Tia (2D Action Fighting Game)

That's what I mean though, I don't think people would feel comfortable supporting if they pledged enough to get the game, then they stopped pledging (like the majority of people on Patreon would do), then they find out at game release they don't get the game, etc.
This is the conundrum im likely goiong to hit in 3 months.
Why should i support them anymore? it's not nice, but its the truth. I dont get anything but early access, why should i pay more? I can just wait for the game to be finished.

I have another patreon that did a similer thing...HentaiWriter & Friends they use patreon like a store XD

(That moment you realise you quoted the person you just spoke about...)

Last edited:

Thorn14

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Game made my laptop unhappy, lots of memory I think? Going to try on desktop now.

OP
saga55555

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Okey, fixed the problem, apparently my pc decided to uninstall my drivers for some reason and forced me to use my other shitty build in video card. so, after testing the hell out of your game I can concluded their aren't any problems on my side anymore.

ps. because of your game I found this nuisance, so many thanks from me, cheers!
Ah, I'm happy with you and feel a bit relief :)
Still have start on "out of memory issue" :(

Thorn14

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Alright, played on PC. Outside of a few slowdown issues, the game is really good! Love the humor the animations and the gameplay.

Only thing I'd say needed is maybe when you beat the demo gallery mode unlocks in game animations and not just the bedroom scene?

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

I just saw this and, man, do I love the main character. She's gorgeously drawn. Also looking like a good game. This will probably be going on my list. Keep up the good work

OP
saga55555

saga55555

Reputation score

I just saw this and, man, do I love the main character. She's gorgeously drawn. Also looking like a good game. This will probably be going on my list. Keep up the good work
Thank you :D

Alright, played on PC. Outside of a few slowdown issues, the game is really good! Love the humor the animations and the gameplay.

Only thing I'd say needed is maybe when you beat the demo gallery mode unlocks in game animations and not just the bedroom scene?
That's good to hear :D
Game will have sprite gallery when it's finished.

OP
saga55555

saga55555

Reputation score

I still don't know how to fix error when start game and now I'm more confuse after I try open game on my office PC.

It's PC spec only for office work i3, integrated graphic card, 2GB RAM and Win XP.
But it's can play Atelier Tia but very low FPS :eek:

And in demo V0.03 seem like I do some mistake because game should be single runtime EXE file but it's install file version -*-

Anyway it's has "options.ini" in game folder.
Please change "CreateTexturesOnDemand=1"
And test that you can play it or not? THANKS

E

erobotan

i'm using windows7, 13, 4GB RAM, and 650 VGA

my 1st run is good

my 2nd run, i accidentally clicked the exe twice. Loading time is very slow, computer begin to stop responding. But after a while my PC managed to run 2 "atelier tia"s. I closed one of them and play normally with no issue with the other one

good job on the game :D

sonny

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Anyway it's has "options.ini" in game folder.
Please change "CreateTexturesOnDemand=1"
And test that you can play it or not? THANKS
I've tried it, now the game works normally.

Wow!! this game have a subtle quality!! its funny, good to play and the sprites are awesome!! i love very much the design of the city!! very well made!!

Can i suggest some things?

-Fist, make the Dive attack hit enemies fallen in the ground!!
-second, make some of the attacks unlockables after you clear a stage(as the energy ball, for example, or add more new attacks like virgin invader)
-make her orgasm animation in the animated cg quicker, that slow animation feels a bit weird :D

well, the game is getting awesome, consider my buy after finished :)

Polul

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The gameplay is solid and you really nailed the art-style The demo was a lovely surprise.

Monkey Boy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For those who are wondering why they should support after $15 or whatever if they're going to get the game at that point, keep in mind that so many other game makers keep their Patreon going monthly for well over a few months, getting way more money for very incremental updates, and some never completing the game. Their games also don't have nearly as much work and detail put into them.

If supporting MenZ Studios for more than $15 is a problem, then just wait for the game to be released and pay the $15 once. Or, as most will likely do, wait for someone to pirate it. His last project, Virgin Invader, was a much better ACT game than even pro Japanese studios, but he didn't even come close to making enough money to make up for the amount of time and effort he put in.

He put a lot of work into making it a good game to play as well as look at, but because he wanted to be fair and only charge for the sale of the game (again, most people pirated it), he got no reward for his efforts. So now he's doing what many of the other amateur/hobbyist developers are doing with Patreon. I can't blame him for it, and I think it's more than fair given the quality of product he produces compared to other Patreon-using developers.

OP
saga55555

saga55555

Reputation score

I've tried it, now the game works normally.

Wow!! this game have a subtle quality!! its funny, good to play and the sprites are awesome!! i love very much the design of the city!! very well made!!

Can i suggest some things?

-Fist, make the Dive attack hit enemies fallen in the ground!!
-second, make some of the attacks unlockables after you clear a stage(as the energy ball, for example, or add more new attacks like virgin invader)
-make her orgasm animation in the animated cg quicker, that slow animation feels a bit weird :D

well, the game is getting awesome, consider my buy after finished :)
OH! you can play game with Createtextureondemand on? That's good to know.
But Createtextureondemand has a bad side, when you meet new assets like new enemy.
The game will stop semi or half second for load new assets and you can notice that while playing.
I'm not sure I can make on/off option like options.ini for non-install version or not. Will ask in Game Maker Forum.
Demo V0.03, I export as install application by mistake and now I have a way to fix because of it. Lucky by my own mistake :p

For Dive attack and new skill, will think about it.
i'm using windows7, 13, 4GB RAM, and 650 VGA

my 1st run is good

my 2nd run, i accidentally clicked the exe twice. Loading time is very slow, computer begin to stop responding. But after a while my PC managed to run 2 "atelier tia"s. I closed one of them and play normally with no issue with the other one

good job on the game :D
Hey, that's you own fault :p

For those who are wondering why they should support after $15 or whatever if they're going to get the game at that point, keep in mind that so many other game makers keep their Patreon going monthly for well over a few months, getting way more money for very incremental updates, and some never completing the game. Their games also don't have nearly as much work and detail put into them.

If supporting MenZ Studios for more than $15 is a problem, then just wait for the game to be released and pay the $15 once. Or, as most will likely do, wait for someone to pirate it. His last project, Virgin Invader, was a much better ACT game than even pro Japanese studios, but he didn't even come close to making enough money to make up for the amount of time and effort he put in.

He put a lot of work into making it a good game to play as well as look at, but because he wanted to be fair and only charge for the sale of the game (again, most people pirated it), he got no reward for his efforts. So now he's doing what many of the other amateur/hobbyist developers are doing with Patreon. I can't blame him for it, and I think it's more than fair given the quality of product he produces compared to other Patreon-using developers.
Thank you for understand :)
Game will sale on DLsite with higher price but I still need people to support on patron.
It's your choice, your own decision anyway. I can't force anyone.

I'm trying to think of higher rewards too but no idea for now. The reason are :
- Most pareons didn't have real rewards. $5 for 3rd place to get new version, $10 2nd and $20 get new version when ready.
For me $5 is enough and patrons feel more comfortable to pay. But if you give more, I'm appreciate it :D

- Get special sexual image each month : because I'm do everything alone. Both drawing and coding.
So if waste my time for image reward. It's better to spend time for finish the project right :confused:

- Paid $30+ for contact personally on twitter or other socials. You don't need to paid more money to get my attention.
I listen to all comments. If I think it's good for project and possible to do. I will do it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Noticed the patreon post, really liking the game and especially the interactive parts (like the menu ;) ). It's got some improvement in gameplay over your previous one, and the combat moves are fun! Is there a chance by the way you'll add multiple enemies fucking her at once? It has pretty good potential for it.

Also, probably stated before but it does run a bit slow, noticed my laptop ran slower for a day or so, even after turning the game off. No prob now though!

OP
saga55555

saga55555

Reputation score

Noticed the patreon post, really liking the game and especially the interactive parts (like the menu ;) ). It's got some improvement in gameplay over your previous one, and the combat moves are fun! Is there a chance by the way you'll add multiple enemies fucking her at once? It has pretty good potential for it.

Also, probably stated before but it does run a bit slow, noticed my laptop ran slower for a day or so, even after turning the game off. No prob now though!
Thank you :D
About gang bang H-sprites, it's planned. But will add them later.

Seem like most laptop players have slow issue but I'm not sure I can help with this part. But I will try if I found a way.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Wow, the demo is really fun and the art is great. I would suggest a change to the almost ubiquitous "mash button to escape" struggle mechanic though - If you've ever played Wolfenstahl's Paperheads (Or even Helldivers) I'd suggest going with that system - press a randomly generated sequence of movement controls (Or WASD) to escape instead of the same 2 as quickly as you can.
Another suggestion is being able to "punish" the girls you rescue. This could have a penalty of some kind in exchange for short-term gain, sort of like the little sisters from Bioshock.

billy jones

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I immediately wanted to play it since you said you took the inspiration from odin sphere.
I really loved that game and to know that you made a game out of that made me downloaded it and play the demo.
I played odin sphere so the battle system was easy but of course it's not exactly like odin sphere of course it will take a lot of time to do all that technique and stuff
Of course the guard button is broken like you can do many cheat things
i did read the thread so i know you know that problem already.
I love the humor in the game.
:3 Good luck to you in the future!
This game is Awesome.

Last edited: