What's new

Minecraft CYOA - Picture Heavy

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: Minecraft CYOA - Picture Heavy

2 - It's always best to have a small home to retreat to, and you can mine it later on as well.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

5. Mast- I MEAN OTHER.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

-2-
Though don't forget to take a minute to dig out a temporary toilet. It's important...

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Minecraft server on the fritz right now, might be a few days before they get it fixed. Though on the bright side, it means I can't be distracted by my personal save either :p

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Not sure if I'm reading you wrong, but the downloadable client still works fine.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Mine isn't working on either my computer or my sisters computer :confused:

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Oh, I actually looked at the main site instead of just the blog. There was a message that some people would need to redownload the launcher for some reason...

fanta23

Lurker
Reputation score

5. start from the other cave and and connect to this cave.
why you ask because you can!

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Well was going to update today, just like I was going to update a few days ago, but guess what, more problems. I think I might hold off untill Notch gets the site under control, and the server/updates/launchers get stablized. Shouldn't take too long, but I'm tired of having to download the launcher again every time I want to boot minecraft. Plus the current version has sound disabled because only part of the code transfered to the new system right now. I bet by Friday it'll be fixed.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

So I decide to go about creating a small shelter to hide in, I go grab the workbench, as I'll move it inside, and get to digging. However, I quickly run into a problem. After clearing about two square meters of stone, I break through into another cavern...

However, It seems this was just a hollow. No natural entrance or exit, that's good, I suppose. I'll make a small hidden tunnel down farther which I can cover up, then make two or three "rooms" to hide in.

But yet again I am frustrated. I get the tunnel done, and start making a room, just to come out on the lower cavern by accident!

Taking a moment to calm myself, I form several plans. Plans always help me calm down. I can:

1) Attempt to find a good hiding spot still, I can't keep breaking through to new areas every time I try and hollow out a few rooms, surely.

2) Just light up the entire caverns. They aren't that big, and while a natural feature, they'll keep me safe, if lack some comforts.

I could also give up trying to make a safe haven for now, and:

3) Mine the cavern right now, I see some coal near one of the exits.

4) Use the remaining light to explore the bay.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I can't see how much wood you have there, so if you have enough for torches: 3 to get some proper picks and torches and then 2 start exploring the cave until you have a nice stack of coal going.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I can make some stone pickaxes at any time, but cutting down another tree would be helpful.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

2, we shall begin work on our mountain stronghold and make moria look like a hack job! Eat it dwarves!

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

2 then 4. You'll probably have enough time after lighting up your makeshift home to explore the surrounding area before the sun sets and the nasties come out. Though make sure to border up your entrances so creatures cant get in at night.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh, I'll vote 2 as well.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Having lost myself quite well down here, I decide I might as well light the place up and explore it a bit. No need to rush digging a room for the night yet, I'm mostly safe in here anyway.

I go one way first, placing torches as I go. I encounter a sinkhole from the bottom, which an unfortunate cow has fallen through.

The path goes up, but looks like quite a substantial cave. However, it does indeed terminate in a cave mouth just around the bend, nothing special.

Here's a real gem, however! Near that small coal vein I found is a massive shelf like cave. A breathtaking view of the sunset, signaling my time outside is over for today. The edge is a straight drop down, so I'm quite safe up here. This would be a nice place to build my headquarters into. Underground yet massive enough for a two story building, with the possibility of a basement, though there are already tunnels leading to other chambers, I could fit a while complex down here!

A tunnel to the left of where I entered the chamber, might go down this way in a minute after I look around a bit more.

I notice this small chamber off to the side. Can't see a way over right now, but I could make one later if I wanted to explore. Would make another nice room for a headquarters.

The new tunnel leads right to a traditional cave entrance, can hear something outside, probably peaceful as the sun hasn't been down long, but I won't take a chance.

Turning back, having thought I'd explored everything, I find by the path down from the shelf another tunnel going down. Might be ideal for a mine. This place could be a headquarters/mine combo, really! This would be the ideal location for a reception desk, right behind me here, and this would be the main staircase.

Now, this seems like a good place to stop and take stock. More exploration would be a comitment, one I'm not ready to jump into just yet without a plan. I believe my options are as follows:

1) Begin construction of a large headquarters complex. While my main goal is to establish a settlement(s) in the new world, a nice, fortified location to operate out of untill something more is created would be nice, especially with such a location.

2) Stick to the original plan and simply carve out a small shelter. Wouldn't take long, I could even build a small hut on the shelf instead, both ways would take about the same amount of time. This way I could keep exploring the island and not get bogged down just yet.

3) Explore the small opening near the shelf, I could cut a path across the cliff wall and see what's over there. I doubt there's much, but it might be a safer location, if not large enough to build much. A large headquarters would probably incorperate it anyway.

4) Go down and explore the cave some more. I'm pretty low on mineral resources, I could mine anything I find. I'd have no trouble carving anything out for construction, but I don't really have enough wood or stone to build anything good, though I could always use cobblestone, which might even add a nice look to my first project or two, eh?

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

2 - set up a small shelter for the night. Use the time to make (slightly) better gear, if we can get the resources from inside the shelter. I kinda noticed that our original pickaxe is just about dead...

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

That's the stupid wood one IIRC. I have just plop down my workbench and make 3 or so stone ones whenever I please.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

2 - set up a small shelter for the night. Use the time to make (slightly) better gear, if we can get the resources from inside the shelter. I kinda noticed that our original pickaxe is just about dead...
I shall agree with this.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I'll vote for #2 as well.