What's new

ACT Nanocrisis

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Nanocrisis

From what I can see, if you found the time to type out as much as you have, as well as the time to read the other's regards towards you, you should have the time to investigate the problem instead of complaining about it.

BerryPolter

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You're right RJ, but I really don't like being insulted for something that trivial.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, there are the blank stages that aren't unlocked no matter what you do. There's the limited number of files and enemies available in the folders. There's the fact it's been said already.

Really it's just hard to explain common sense.
What he said, the unlockable stages should've been a huge indicator that the game wasn't finished.

And I really hate it when people demonstrate their stupidity by complaining about lack of content in a game that is cleary far from finished.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ignorant is not an insult, it means without knowledge of. It's the same way you can walk into another state with different laws and be caught for something you didn't know was illegal. In that way, you were "ignorant of the law." Everyone's ignorant and pretending you're not is ludicrous.

Also playshapes and his games are usually terrible. Mario is missing is the closest I think he's ever come to a full game and it was still bad. It seems like something he wasn't going to finish, like always, and decided to take his half-assedness and put it all together.

Solarn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Also playshapes and his games are usually terrible. Mario is missing is the closest I think he's ever come to a full game and it was still bad. It seems like something he wasn't going to finish, like always, and decided to take his half-assedness and put it all together.
No they aren't. I like them.

SoliceTK

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd like to know what the creator is up to as far as the game goes. I'm crossing my fingers for mouth rape. :3

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

No they aren't. I like them.
I didn't say they were incapable of being liked, I said they are bad games. And as long as they go unfinished, they are hardly games, therefore bad games. Not to mention how much fluidity suffers and lack of variety.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

At least it's game right?
And while it has a lack of variety, it DOES HAVE variety right?
I actually can compare that game with this game and would rate them the same score.
Because to me the time wasted on the game was worth it.
If this game was a long long game that dragged on withot variety it'd be a bad game.
But if it was a short game with enough variety that you don't get really bored by the time you finish it, it'd be time 'worth' spending don't you think?
So far this game only lasts so long, but for the 'so long' it lasted I was hooked and played the game till I saw nothing new, therefore it served it purpose and entertained me enough to pass as a good game.
Maybe you should tell us your standards so we can grasp your idea of a good or bad game?

E7N

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Its a good game for the time you play it. It doesn't give a lot of gameplay hours, but it gives what it does.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

At least it's game right?
No, not really. Like I said, it was polished off to be one when it's an unfinished work. Having said that, Nano isn't a full game either, but one's going to have work continued on it, while the other was practically a continuation of the same work the artist has always been doing.

zerospace said:
And while it has a lack of variety, it DOES HAVE variety right?
Once again, this answer is a "not really." You're giving me questions that I feel I'm supposed to answer yes on because it meets a very small minimum, but no, it's close enough that I'm going to say it doesn't. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure this is the first one he's done that actually has an "enemy" of sorts, as opposed to what is just a visual novel with worse art, so at least that I congratulate him on. However, it's only got 1 active enemy, and 1 active enemy with a few animations will always be less than a variety of enemies with a variety of animations.

zerospace said:
I actually can compare that game with this game and would rate them the same score.
If that's how you feel, that's fine. My scores would probably be close too, but considering they both seem like works in progress, scores really aren't fair to do. But considering EVERYTHING playshapes does is a work in progress, rating finished material would be fair, and my guess is nano will either be finished, or at least come a lot farther, at which point the scores for the finished material are way in nanos favor.
zerospace said:
Because to me the time wasted on the game was worth it.
That's fair to say. Thank god I wasted almost no time on the playshapes games. The "variety" of animations were boring to me and I found myself spamming buttons everytime I hit a goomba just so I could get through it, unlike nano, which i have separate folders for each release I have and continually experiment with everything in each one
zerospace said:
If this game was a long long game that dragged on withot variety it'd be a bad game.
Hence why I think it's bad, what with just goombas and gameovers, and basic movement animation. The only reason I can't say it's bad is because it didn't waste too much of my time, but that's like saying I should be happy with shit on a cracker cuz it isn't a shit sandwich.
zerospace said:
But if it was a short game with enough variety that you don't get really bored by the time you finish it, it'd be time 'worth' spending don't you think?
Not at all, my time isn't worth "not being bored," it's worth "entertainment." That's why games are "entertainment." And that's not even to mention the fact I was bored with it, but I'm always bored with his games. I do say it's better than everything he's done, but he's taken a step up from crap to mediocre.
zerospace said:
So far this game only lasts so long, but for the 'so long' it lasted I was hooked and played the game till I saw nothing new, therefore it served it purpose and entertained me enough to pass as a good game.
I did not feel the same. Everything was slow enough and the animations were bad enough and simple enough that I was bored before the second level, which I was hoping would introduce a new enemy and new sets of animations, which would have given it major points in my mind, but now it was slow without anything to hope for, the only good part being it was small. So this "game" is and will probably end up just one level, and taking what he's done in the past, this is hardly what i'd consider "new" even at the first sex animation.
zerospace said:
Maybe you should tell us your standards so we can grasp your idea of a good or bad game?
That's what i was trying to get at, there's no fluidity in motion, there's very little effort or thought, for once there's enemy interaction, and even that was at it's small limit, animations were poor as always, favoring simplicity and convenience over better appeal, basically I try to talk structure as I feel things like the type of sex, her usually on top and no rape is arguable and up to people, but things like detection, quality, and smoothness are a little less relative.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't know if that's in reference to the game or the argument, but I didn't bring up mario is missing here and don't know why it was brought up. I explained that I thought it was crap, and when asked why, that was my response. I'd really like to discuss things in their appropriate thread (although, apparently even that earns you negreps) and would like the rest of the conversation to be really just about nanocrisis.

However, if you were talking about the game.. then yes my friend... hot dang indeed.

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Honestly, it was in response to your huge reply... :) But rest assured, the feeling about Nanocrisis is mutual.

I have in fact, played several of playshapes games, and I'm quite frankly unimpressed. I also feel that to compare any one of those games to a game as promising as Nanocrisis is absolute ludicrous.

But...I didn't come here to tend to an argument. Just browsin' around for updates, so pretend I'm not here....

swoosh *slinks back into the shadows*

dragoonistix

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

No, not really. Like I said, it was polished off to be one when it's an unfinished work. Having said that, Nano isn't a full game either, but one's going to have work continued on it, while the other was practically a continuation of the same work the artist has always been doing.

Once again, this answer is a "not really." You're giving me questions that I feel I'm supposed to answer yes on because it meets a very small minimum, but no, it's close enough that I'm going to say it doesn't. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure this is the first one he's done that actually has an "enemy" of sorts, as opposed to what is just a visual novel with worse art, so at least that I congratulate him on. However, it's only got 1 active enemy, and 1 active enemy with a few animations will always be less than a variety of enemies with a variety of animations.

If that's how you feel, that's fine. My scores would probably be close too, but considering they both seem like works in progress, scores really aren't fair to do. But considering EVERYTHING playshapes does is a work in progress, rating finished material would be fair, and my guess is nano will either be finished, or at least come a lot farther, at which point the scores for the finished material are way in nanos favor.
That's fair to say. Thank god I wasted almost no time on the playshapes games. The "variety" of animations were boring to me and I found myself spamming buttons everytime I hit a goomba just so I could get through it, unlike nano, which i have separate folders for each release I have and continually experiment with everything in each one
Hence why I think it's bad, what with just goombas and gameovers, and basic movement animation. The only reason I can't say it's bad is because it didn't waste too much of my time, but that's like saying I should be happy with shit on a cracker cuz it isn't a shit sandwich.
Not at all, my time isn't worth "not being bored," it's worth "entertainment." That's why games are "entertainment." And that's not even to mention the fact I was bored with it, but I'm always bored with his games. I do say it's better than everything he's done, but he's taken a step up from crap to mediocre.
I did not feel the same. Everything was slow enough and the animations were bad enough and simple enough that I was bored before the second level, which I was hoping would introduce a new enemy and new sets of animations, which would have given it major points in my mind, but now it was slow without anything to hope for, the only good part being it was small. So this "game" is and will probably end up just one level, and taking what he's done in the past, this is hardly what i'd consider "new" even at the first sex animation.

That's what i was trying to get at, there's no fluidity in motion, there's very little effort or thought, for once there's enemy interaction, and even that was at it's small limit, animations were poor as always, favoring simplicity and convenience over better appeal, basically I try to talk structure as I feel things like the type of sex, her usually on top and no rape is arguable and up to people, but things like detection, quality, and smoothness are a little less relative.
your replying skills are awesome +_+!
i had a lot of proof to agree on..

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Not since the 3rd of June

guilmonex

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Just don't know what he is doing, new stage and new enemy? or just enhance what we have now?

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

every site where you can get a download seems to be broken. any help? (also it would be nice if in addition to telling us there's a new version, you told us.. you know... what's new)

Dr_Maricon

Lurker
Reputation score

The second link worked for me, as to what's new, I have no idea, but the fly level seem to be gone so you do want to stick to the old version...