What's new

RPG RPG Maker Loli [月の水企画 / Tsuki-no-Mizu] ナイトメアガールズ/Nightmare Girls (RJ215006)

ay0lah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Another month waiting huh... *pulls up pants once again*

ay0lah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well i just saw his twitter saying ちょっと土日にブログ更新する時間がないかもしれないのですが、作業自体は進んでます
No updating his blog this weekend he said, though he is now progressing something in the game.

He didnt said anything about sales or release time.

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
No updating his blog this weekend he said, though he is now progressing something in the game.

ちょっと土日にブログ更新する時間がないかもしれないのですが、作業自体は進んでます
I might not really have time to update the blog this Saturday, but work (on the game itself) is moving along.
Not progressing something specific or anything. Just, "Yes, I'll probably be too busy to update my blog, but don't worry, I'm still working on the game, and things are going smooth," to roughly paraphrase. That's sort of the connotation behind 「作業は進んでます」, which is somewhat of a set expression.

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Oh, you don't have to follow the 'phases'. Ad hoc playtesting and debugging is probably more convenient for most solo hobbyist projects (which most doujin games are, by definition), since segmenting the work flow itself takes up overhead, wasting some time.

If the project is complicated, however, and/or if it is collaborative work with multiple programmers, then you'll want some sort of 'version control', since otherwise you might lose track of what bugs have been fixed and how some of the changes you made will affect some other part of the game. (causing you to, say, accidentally 'fix' a bug twice.) Segmenting the workflow into 'introduce new feature' → 'playtest new feature' → 'fix design flaws' → 'debug version' steps becomes a rather natural way of doing things. Same goes for the release candidate, except the playtest/fix/debug are more comprehensive.

It's sort of like the difference between, say, a course assignment and an undergraduate research thesis. Less complicated project, you don't divide up things too much, because dividing itself takes up time and can distract you (like focusing work on one section of your assignment at the expense of the whole). More complicated stuff with different things to do, you divvy it up to make the workflow less intimidating and to let you keep track of changes and how the whole thing meshes together.

With that said, these days you generally can get away with far less QC, thanks to digital releases. If you using physical media, then you'd want to be damn sure that the your master copy (the gold master) is relatively free of bugs or design flaws before you release it, because pushing patches later can be slow and expensive. With digital releases, patching can be done conveniently and cheaply. You can even get away with using your customers as free 'beta testers', *cough*, that is to say, rushing a release candidate out for sale with minimal QC and then fixing bugs as they come in from all the bug reports.

(Wings of Lohrdea is sorta like this. Still has serious bugs, still not fixed yet.

And of course, Ubisoft is infamous for this. Bethesda somewhat too, but I give them a pass because their games are complicated, design-wise.)
Thank you for explaining all of that...

No, actually the way he said it on Twitter strongly suggests that we won't be seeing a game release next month either or even if we do it will be at the very end of it... I swear this game is turning into a bloody Duke nukem forever at this point:cautious:...

Luckily i recently started playing Grim Dawn so there's that... (yeah i never thought i'd ever play a freaking diablo like game but it's actually entierly deserving of it's good reviews)

nnescio

Reputation score
Newest blog post is up (dated Oct 01). Gist of is that Tanabe is done with debugging except for the bonus (post-game) dungeon. He's sent a copy to DLsite for verification purposes*. Verification may take up to two weeks, so if everything goes according to plan (that is, assuming DLsite doesn't raise objections to the content), expect a mid October (or slightly past mid October) release.

(He had planned to sent it earlier according to his September post. If I were to speculate, I suppose the pre-debug copy required too many changes so he couldn't send that one.)

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Newest blog post is up (dated Oct 01). Gist of is that Tanabe is done with debugging except for the bonus (post-game) dungeon. He's sent a copy to DLsite for verification purposes*. Verification may take up to two weeks, so if everything goes according to plan (that is, assuming DLsite doesn't raise objections to the content), expect a mid October (or slightly past mid October) release.

(He had planned to sent it earlier according to his September post. If I were to speculate, I suppose the pre-debug copy required too many changes so he couldn't send that one.)
Well i saw the blog update just now, and yeah it's going to be another 15 to 20 days more until release, but on the bright side we can be sure there will be no more delays...

ay0lah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
How can verification take 2 weeks :confused:, even more dlsite can raise an objection too? what can they object in a regular h-rpg though (aren't usually devs gives out patches or updates when a game got bugs). Oh well.. :cry: maybe dlsite strict for a definite good sales game because many people will buy it with real money and want to prevent many complaint for them. I though verification on dlsite only checks if the game can really run without missing any files... not playtest the game for quality or some bug.

Last edited:
OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I seem to remember that Jumble Jokers initially got rejected from DLSite because it was too buggy - so that is indeed a thing that can happen. So it's not like DLSite is just checking the images.

At least it looks like Nightmare Girls is in the home stretch now.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
How DARE this fly under my radar? Lesbian main characters, futa, tentacles? This is so far up my alley I can feel it in my THROAT.

ay0lah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
How DARE this fly under my radar? Lesbian main characters, futa, tentacles? This is so far up my alley I can feel it in my THROAT.
Well if it's not your favorite circle that is surely gonna happen. though it's better if you miss it and get surprised when it's released.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
If that's your shtick, you really ought to follow Tsuki-no-mizu. Literally all of their RPGs have the Yuri, Tentacle and Futa tags (they've also released a small ADV game which lacks the Yuri tag), and they show no sign of stopping.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I can't find any of their games on the English DLSite, which might explain why I wasn't aware of this. I have a custom search for futa games, and this doesn't pop up.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I can't find any of their games on the English DLSite, which might explain why I wasn't aware of this. I have a custom search for futa games, and this doesn't pop up.
Yeah, upcoming games is absolutely not English DLSite's forte. DLSite-Eng shows a total of 71 upcoming games - and most of these are in the coming soon section, suggesting that they weren't on at all until the release was imminent. DLSite-JP shows 222 in October alone. Granted, not all of them will make it across to Eng DLSite, but it illustrates just how bad DLSite-Eng is for its upcoming games.

. I assume Nightmare Girls will be added to that list shortly after release on the JP Site.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Oh, they were the one behind Dungeon Chronicle? Neat. Makes me look forward to this even more (if they can keep the flat chests at a minimum).

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yeah, stuff tends to get to English DLsite a bit later if at all. There actually quite a bit of stuff on there that is pretty buried. The stuff that does the best on English DLsite is the stuff that is translated into English, which makes sense.

ay0lah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Tanabe said the confrmation already finish, it can be released after replacing a bit bug fixing from him and he gonna announce it from his blog.
Anyone know what 一発で通る確率は経験上半々くらいです means? Is it gonna pass half a day or half a week by that sentence?

nnescio

Reputation score
Tanabe said the confrmation already finish, it can be released after replacing a bit bug fixing from him and he gonna announce it from his blog.
Anyone know what 一発で通る確率は経験上半々くらいです means? Is it gonna pass half a day or half a week by that sentence?
"Based on (personal) experience, there's about 50/50 chance it will pass (DLsite verification) on the first go."

Yeah... the Twitter sort of contradicts the blog sometimes. Blog uses more professional language and can be a bit vague (in the weasel word sense) at some parts. Twitter is more candid (and reveals some... uh... goofing-off moments).