Nurses Station

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Nurses Station

Siphon grins back at Sho, the idea seeming to be rather entertaining to him. "I just might."

Siphon shrugs towards Grace. "Sure why not? Go for it."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"So long as it doesn't hurt," Sho says with a grin as Grace asks about testing things. She watches the other girl, keeping an eye on the pen. "All right. It's not going to...I don't know, eat me or anything, will it?" She grins and reaches out, carefully plucking the pen off of the table. She holds it, unless Grace says otherwise.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"Oh not at all. See. Ok, your turn mr Siphon." She smiles innocently. If this didn't work and Siphon just picked it up it would be embarrassing. Though she was fairly certain she'd worked this out right.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He only hesitates long enough to set his drink down on the floor, then reached forward to grab the pen.... and found his hand met with some kind of invisible barrier. His eyes narrowed at this, and it felt almost as if he was being repelled by some kind of force shield barrier... but no, it wasn't quite the same. Something was different about it, and whatever it was, it most definitely was NOT a technological barrier at all.

He pressed a bit harder, and felt his hand move closer, but still repelled slightly a second time. A faint smile crossed his lips, and he ceased his attempts, figuring enough strength he could break through whatever was there right now, but he was afraid trying to do so would result in him putting half his arm THROUGH the table if he misjudged.

His eyes turned expectantly towards Grace, who was smiling. "Alright, I'll bite. What exactly did you do?"

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Grace lets out a satisfied grin, and chomps on another fry. She reaches forward and picks up the pen, snapping her fingers with the other hand. As she does so a translucent yellow field snaps into view right where they both were reaching in front of the table. Just a foot or two wide and tall. The barrier hovers there, unrecognisable symbols rotating within it.

"I did, that." She smiles, "The door was me too."

Should Siphon poke it some more it will now visibly distort and flicker if forced. Should Sho poke it though, it will give no more resistance than it did before, her hand passing through effortlessly.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sho does, in fact, poke at it, though given the fact that she gets no resistance, it doesn't do much. "And just out of curiousity, what exactly is that?" She tries to poke at it again. She has theories, but nothing beats the real answer.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

His eyes widen slightly as the field comes into view now, an unreadable expression crossing his face. "Yentek neros valten. Impressive to say the least. I'd ask how it managed to keep me out and not Sho, but I have a feeling it's something to do with my unique physiology. Perhaps the symbiote, or something more obvious than that. Either way, that could come in handy."

His eyes narrow again and he adds, "I KNEW it! You weren't concerned at all about it, and almost acted coy when I mentioned it. I should have seen this coming."

It is pretty clear he is impressed with this, and he allows his fingers to brush the field again. "It acts almost similar to a force field or shield, but it isn't QUITE the same. Potentially superior depending on how it actually works."

He chomps another burger into oblivion, and washes that one down too before leaning back in his seat.

He shakes his head at Sho's question. "I'm completely speculating here, but my guess would be some sort of magic based barrier similar to how the shields of Alverus would work, only on a much smaller scale and not exactly the same thing. I could be wrong, but that is what it APPEARS to be to me."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sho arches a brow, grinning a bit as Siphon speculates on what's before them, throwing out his theories. "Which is why I asked what this is," she laughs, shaking her head. "You overthink things too much."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He grins back at her and replies, "probably true. Then again I wouldn't be the same kind of person if that suddenly changed. I'm still going, I have to be doing something right. Right?"

He's grinning still, and it would seem as if the 'question' was rhetorical. "Alright, so I'll cease and bite. What exactly is it, and how far off was I?"

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"Hehe, ok then. Yup, a magical barrier. A spiritual barrier designed to block any higher than normal levels of "spirit", to be more precise. I was guessing, after your light show and talking about ascending and all that, that it might just stop you. It's just a weak improvised one, you very nearly pushed through it actually."

Grace pushes the bedside table back to where it should be. And sweeps her hand through the barrier. It ripples slightly at her touch, seeming to briefly glow brighter. "I can make em bigger, hidden or visible. I could build one that did the reverse to this one, or simple pysical barriers, magic blocking barriers, elemental and energy barriers, dimesion severeing barriers, and lots of things. More specificaly, shadow barriers, such as the one sealing this room right now."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He nods, visibly impressed with her ability and her deduction and guesswork. "You would have been right too. I still have the potential to ascend again upon death, and return if I wanted to, though I'd like to avoid having to do that again if at all possible. Because of that I would possess enough 'spirit' as you say, for your barriers to recognize and repel me."

He seems to consider something else for a moment, and then hesitantly adds. "Just one thing though that has bugged me about ascension since I got here. Each and every one of you that I have met and gotten to know so far possesses some form of 'super human' or unnatural ability as the rest of your public would say. Amongst my people that was the first sign one was on the right path towards becoming ascended. Yet as near as I can tell, not only is your planet unaware of it, but no one in the history of this planet who might have had it has managed to ascend. That bothers me as to why."

He shakes his head, seeming to shrug it off as another thing he won't solve, then adds, "welcome aboard then Grace, good to have you."

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"Hmm, I don't really know anything about this spiritual stuff. I wouldn't give it a second thought if some of my barriers didn't prove it's there. How do ye know that no one has ascended then? Most of the planet believes that magic doesn't exist, even though we were using it plently publicly a few centuries back."

She idley twirls her fingers in the direction of the barrier, then folding them closed, and it fizzles out of existence. She also remembers that she had someone to meet not long from now. This incident had stirred things up a little.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well I would think if someone had it would at least be documented even among the 'crazy' reports as some people like to call them. Nothing is there though. Ascending isn't exactly something that if someone saw you do that you could just explain away, the person in question literally becomes pure energy before your eyes and the body just vanishes."

He stops dead in his tracks and shoots a look at Sho. "Uh, you don't think that..."

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"Dunno. Maybe they all did it deep in a forest or cave somwhere and no one ever knew." Grace resisted bringing up the Bhudda or Jesus, since it probably wouldn't do any good to confuse an alien about subjects she knew nothing of herself. Though the concept did amuse her.

'...think that?' "Eh?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yeah, it's was new one on me, too," she says of his talk of Ascension, mostly just to let Grace know she's not alone in that. "I don't think that what?" She looks over at him, the burger about halfway to her lips. She finishes the bite after she asks the question.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He pauses for a moment before answering. "Well, if Mia was to be believed and she did murder Alazais, she obviously didn't have the time to move the body or command the shadows to consume it. And since there was no body, and no sign of her having been there, the only other thing I can think of is she might have ascended herself somehow. Which brings up a hell of a lot of other questions, but IF she was killed, it's the only one that makes any kind of logical sense."

He takes the last burger and chomps into it, and for a moment coughs when it goes down the wrong way, but quickly raises his hand to indicate he is alright.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"I hadn't thought of that. But...we were outside and so were several other people. You'd think we'd have noticed the Beacon o' Ascendency. Or at least Elissia would have mentioned it if she was the first on the scene. Y'know, something like 'I saw this bright flash of light and then...' Something like that." Even though he's all right, she still rubs his back between his shoulders.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"Say what? She killed Al!? You never said that." Grace looking concerned once again.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"One would think so yes but... we have no idea how long Mia was up there for, and if she wasn't lying, how long it was between the time she killed Alazais and the time the next person confronted her. If it was longer than three or four minutes then it is entirely possible that it was missed."

He turns to Grace and adds, "we don't know for certain she did. She CLAIMED she killed her, but didn't use a name, only a description. I couldn't tell if she was being truthful or not though. Still, she's a major threat to all of us. She's threatened Sho, you were here for that, she damn near finished the job on Elissia."

He bangs a hand against the chair in frustration. "And the worst part is, she's shrugged off EVERYTHING I've thrown at her. Even I have a limit as to what I can do, and I'm nearing it."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yeah, no corpse, no crime. And we haven't been able to find anything in that regard. I wouldn't put it past her to do something psycho like that, but until I'm certain, I won't believe it." As Siphon complains about Mia's ability to shrug things off, she gets quiet. "Well, if you can't go through the mountain, you go around it. If a full-frontal assault isn't working, then it's time to change to guerrila tactics." She gives his arm a squeeze. "And, if she follows through on that threat to me, she's going to find out just how pretty Oz is this time of year." Smirk.