What's new

[Nutaku] Flower Knight Girl

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Nutaku] Flower Knight Girl

Well, I'm much less enthusiastic about FKG now. Not because of this one breast-implant, but because this means that we are not done with censorship like this. So I suppose not getting units / events is not completely off the table either. Man, I wish I could see what going on at Nutaku HQ with this seemingly random edits. Why do some characters need it, why others don't?

OP
Eab1990

Eab1990

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Aburana was unedited too.

Shit doesn't make sense, but no sense in complaining about it here. Of course this has to happen on the weekend when Nutaku devs aren't on, but there'll be plenty of that when Monday rolls around, I guess. It directly conflicts with what Nordland said on the stream.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Aburana was unedited too.

Shit doesn't make sense, but no sense in complaining about it here. Of course this has to happen on the weekend when Nutaku devs aren't on, but there'll be plenty of that when Monday rolls around, I guess. It directly conflicts with what Nordland said on the stream.
what is it that nordland said? i'm not playing and definitely not PAYING for a heavily edited game.

OP
Eab1990

Eab1990

Tentacle God
Reputation score

what is it that nordland said? i'm not playing and definitely not PAYING for a heavily edited game.
Something along the lines of "I don't think there are edits, but there will be some girls that are cut for not fitting standards" etc.

anon423

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Something along the lines of "I don't think there are edits, but there will be some girls that are cut for not fitting standards" etc.
Well, there was when she said that, so apparently she's not particularly informed on games she PRs for.

barillian

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

what is it that nordland said?
Something to the effect of "no censors if we can get away with it". Unfortunately, this isn't the first time Nutaku has flat-out lied about censorship.

i'm not playing and definitely not PAYING for a heavily edited game.
And neither should you. In addition to their sustained willingness to perform nonsense censors, Nutaku's FKG interface is heavily butchered compared to the original, they're entirely lacking the mainline story and weekly run of beginner's gifts, and they will be over a year behind the event schedule.

Play on DMM and use Nutaku, if you must, to read the event stories. The game even comes with an album that lets you see them without actually playing the stages, so you don't even need to raise a team for it!

Last edited:
OP
Eab1990

Eab1990

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Let's not get carried away, folks. One boobjobbed girl doesn't make for a heavily edited game. It's obviously not a good sign, but it's not "heavily edited". Reserve that term for what Osawari launch was like.

Also I'm pretty sure people said that the "butchered" UI is just the old FKG UI. Frankly, I don't know why people complain about that so much to begin with. It doesn't look any worse than what Nutaku's other games look like.

Last edited:

barillian

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Also I'm pretty sure people said that the "butchered" UI is just the old FKG UI.
In fact Nutaku is editing a relatively recent version, hence why there are some buttons missing in this image.

Reserve that term for what Osawari launch was like.
(...)
The interface doesn't look any worse than what Nutaku's other games look like.
That other Nutaku localizations are awful does not suddenly make it okay for this one to be marginally less awful.

I mean, Nutaku has set such a terrible precedent with other games that the FKG release seems like an improvement, but taken by itself it's still unacceptably bad.

eliont

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hmm, oppai loli even better then regular, so i'm happy with that =)

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i agree, oppai loli is awesome. when that was made with intention and not used as a censor.

autizboyz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Its funny tho, just from 1 pic this game got butcherd by alot of people lol. You guys shouldnt be surprise or whatever what they going to do with the loli's art (That if you've play other nutaku game). And also it is not that bad its only boobjob, just take it like she did a boobs implant. It is not that bad like osawari censorship back than (Its freaking awful lol).

OP
Eab1990

Eab1990

Tentacle God
Reputation score

In fact Nutaku is editing a relatively recent version, hence why there are some buttons missing in this image.

That other Nutaku localizations are awful does not suddenly make it okay for this one to be marginally less awful.

I mean, Nutaku has set such a terrible precedent with other games that the FKG release seems like an improvement, but taken by itself it's still unacceptably bad.
*shrug* I still don't see a problem with Nutaku's UI.

As for the butchering, I still think you guys are jumping the gun. Yes, it's a tragic loss for that character, but we haven't seen her awakened form or her h-scene, and the other lolis appear untouched. It's good that people are complaining about it, but I don't see why people have to say the game is dead in the water before Nutaku even says anything. Even if Nutaku's reputation is obviously shit when it comes to these things.

At least wait until Lavender, anyway.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

what's lavender?

also, so long as most loli's stay intact, i may support this. if it's only 1 loli being edited i can over look it.

the big one is if loli's get taken out all together.

barillian

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Its funny tho, just from 1 pic this game got butcherd by alot of people lol. You guys shouldnt be surprise or whatever what they going to do with the loli's art (That if you've play other nutaku game). And also it is not that bad its only boobjob, just take it like she did a boobs implant. It is not that bad like osawari censorship back than (Its freaking awful lol).
Saying that Nutaku Games's FKG release is good because we only got one boobjob instead of the horrible face edits in Osawari is like saying that Nutaku Dining's broiled salmon is good because there's only an ounce of shit on your plate instead of the bucket you get with their sirloin.

And I need not say what this "just a single" instance of censorship potentially means about later additions, especially since FKG only started to be loli-heavy after they got a heavy demand for it in their Nicovideo stream.

I still don't see a problem with Nutaku's UI.
The problem is that you could do a better job with Paint. I'd have expected some actual effort for a top-ranking DMM game, not sloppy button edits, unnecessary censors and skill descriptions straight out of Google Translate.

what's lavender?
First event girl. Yandere loli, her event involves her trying to get rid of other girls by leading them into pest-infested paths.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

just found lavender in the wikia by googling. she doesn't look too loli so much as flat chested.

so FKG went down the heavy loli path you say? damn, i dont like what's potentially in store for us western players with nutaku's stance on loli...

OP
Eab1990

Eab1990

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Saying that Nutaku Games's FKG release is good because we only got one boobjob instead of the horrible face edits in Osawari is like saying that Nutaku Dining's broiled salmon is good because there's only an ounce of shit on your plate instead of the bucket you get with their sirloin.

And I need not say what this "just a single" instance of censorship potentially means about later additions, especially since FKG only started to be loli-heavy after they got a heavy demand for it in their Nicovideo stream.
Yes, most of us are well aware of what happens when you give someone an inch.

But simple logic would dictate that if Nutaku really was being their censor-happy selves, we'd see a lot more than just Asagao being edited. And historically speaking, the girls that are available at launch and the first event or so are where we see the most edits (cut units is another thing entirely and I'm told that DTM/DS/DP/Hitsuji all suffer from that, though that's not strictly related to loli as it is with Aigis).

If FKG gets away with only one edited girl (or even Quiz, which I think only had one edited girl), and we see no edits since then, that'd be a substantial improvement from the shit we've had to deal with before. Although sword hilt was pretty bad, I'll admit, even as Osawari has started to lighten up on censors and revert edits.

I know that Nutaku runs on its own backwards-ass logic, but in this case, I don't see why it would hurt to give them the benefit of the doubt this time, particularly in light of what's happening with the other games. If Nutaku wants to dance around this issue again and things look like we'll end up with a butchered game six months down the line, then sure, feel free to abandon ship.

Last edited:

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

lol

That's it
FKG is Game Over for Me personally
I will just log in to game , play for 1 hour
And treat it as tutorial
Since I still do not understand some game mechanics on DMM

I am not to fond of ***i
But I certainly don't want any edit too~

barillian

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't see why it would hurt to give them the benefit of the doubt this time, particularly in light of what's happening with the other games.
I gave them the benefit of doubt and got censored Asagao in return. Never again.

No indeed, Nutaku in its natural environment is an incorrigible beast, it has to be whipped into submission. What you should do is not giving them the benefit of doubt, but refusing to pay them as long as they retain their awful censorship policy, and preferably sending them a message saying so.

If enough people do that, they will be moved to action. In fact, they have been moved to action before, which is why the things you mention are happening to other games. They did not suddenly notice that their censors are ridiculous, they did not implement these changes out of benevolence or the desire to improve their games, they acted because there is more profit across that way.

damn, i dont like what's potentially in store for us western players with nutaku's stance on loli...
You can always avoid whatever exquisite torture method Nutaku comes up with by playing on DMM. Any Western player can still use the album on Nutaku's FKG to read the story.

Since DMM's Aigis is full of English players who are glad that they switched early, it's probably better to jump ship sooner than later. Doing so also has the advantage of putting further pressure on Nutaku.

OP
Eab1990

Eab1990

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My level of tolerance in regards to censorship edits is fairly lenient. Some people would call it too lenient, but I'd call it sensible.

Discounting examples like early LoV, when we all assumed at the time that censors were inevitable because Nutaku was still a fledgling company (and even then, I excused Titanne later on because her scene literally comes close to raping a girl with the mental age of a kindergartener)...

I gave Angelic Saga a pass because most of its edits were fairly unobtrusive and some even tasteful (a lot of people, myself included, even said how Animal Trainer Anastasia looked better with boobs than without). Most of the time, anyway. The exception was Vanilla's bunny/flower hair ornament thing, which was less about loli and more of your typical retard-level Nutaku edits. Even then, the edits more or less stopped after that, if not altogether.

On the other hand, when LoV's edits started getting WORSE, as in girls that had previously passed censors got hit in newer cards, and/or the dreaded Osawari eyejobs made their way to LoV, I rightly threw a fit at that. Isolated incidents like Osawari's sword hilt also got some complaints.

Likewise, I complained when the reverse happened and Pero/Hitsuji got away with uncensored lolis. The complete lack of consistency was enough to make anyone get pissed.

Overall, I complain when Nutaku decides to be inconsistent. If it looks like they *have* to edit something, then I'll be a bit more lenient. Though something as silly as changing hair color to avoid incestuous overtones warrants a mention, even if their bodies didn't get edited.

To use a different example, I decided early on to not give Blade & Soul the light of day when the level of censorship and the completely-awful attitude problem of the dev team got out. You guys think Nutaku's bait-and-switch with their censorship is bad? Look at the B&S team that proudly puts their accomplishments of butchering the localization on their resume.

I don't think that's how "benefit of the doubt" works, but suit yourself. You're obviously committed to declaring this as dead more than I am.

I doubt Osawari's profits changed much when the edits started being reverted. The playerbase rightly complained, but I doubt the money talked in that situation.

Aigis is a completely different beast since our version is actively suffering from all of these missing units and content updates.

And I can't speak for the rest.

Last edited:

autizboyz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Let me stop you right there, FKG is not realy heavily on loli from 152 girl not even half of em are loli heck maybe only 10-20% of em are loli and the 5% from that is consider older girl with flat chested.

As i said its funny because most people said "hype" about the game and suddenly 1 pic showed up with simplest edit and people were like "nope, not going to play because edited art". I mean seriously you guys already know its nutaku so ofc they going to do something about the loli art duh