What's new

(Nutaku) Milenium War Aigis (English Version)

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: (Nutaku) Milenium War Aigis (English Version)

My Black Knight has been sitting at AW1 with 5/5 skill for ages hoping for the max level exp fairy. Now that SAW is out I'm wondering if I should just level him up normally.

By the way, are there any units that shouldn't be SAW'd?

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My Black Knight has been sitting at AW1 with 5/5 skill for ages hoping for the max level exp fairy. Now that SAW is out I'm wondering if I should just level him up normally.

There are, but it depends on the circumstances. Anya is a great example. But if you meant NO in any situation... then I have no idea :p

Edit: SAW map was surprisingly easy, at least for alt.

Last edited:

Orion

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's Charlotte, while her SAW increases her multiplier from 1.5 to 1.7, it turns her skill into an auto skill so you have absolutely no control on activating it. Once the Initial and Reuse timer goes down it activates automatically. Fignelia's also seems bad, her's is an auto skill as well and decreases her multiplier from 1.9 to 1.3, but allows her to attack 3 simultaneously. Aria, Katie, Zenobia, and Lieselotte's are pretty bad. Aria's for example gives 20 UP and increases attack by 1.8 for 40 seconds, because of those 40 secs of up time it makes her ineffective at being an UP Generator. The other 3 are pretty much the same as Aria, Katie is DEF instead of ATK of course, Lieselotte is ATK and DEF, but Zenobia's is worse as her SAW gives 20 UP on the first use, then changes to Holy Awakening, losing her ability to be an UP generator.

There's also those that are not necessarily bad SAWs, but more like you have to decide whether it'd be good for your team or not. As mentioned, Anya's for example makes you lose out on her super tanking abilities, but turns her into an offensive AoE dealer. So if you have lots of units on the tanking front, but not so much on the offensive side maybe it'd be better to SAW her.

Try browsing over at the to go see for yourself.

Last edited:

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So the general rule is auto skills are bad (except Jerome) and skills that change the role of the unit are also probably bad.

Really wish I farmed some orbs now last week, didn't think I would need them though.

Sashas

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Auto skills are great for afk though, and aren't that bad in normal runs. I know on that subjagation Charlottes SAW would have been great instead of having to use it all the time when it came up. Its stronger than her normal skill and is up in 20 seconds instead of 30.

The only SAW I'd stay well away from are the one use ones, which are mostly on event units. Soldiers SAW like Aria and Katie are good if you have enough ramps leveled up, they're a straight upgrade if you need to withdraw the soldier after one use.

Last edited:

Xerxes

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Got Eva from my Legend Ticket... She seems interesting at least.

Zero Zet

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Confirmed that Grace SAW description is just missing "attack".
Attack does increase.

Also, SAW'd 10 chars all at once. Poverty life in a very long time.
Thanks for confirmation! Now I can add her to list without any worries.

Gold boost is cheap and long-lasting. Invest in it and you'll be back rolling in coins in no time!:D

danryd

Sex Demon
Reputation score

So I just did a blind run of the SAW quest.... I barely 3*d it with super sub-optimal placement thanks to the power of AW Minerva, Sybilla, and Nanaly

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oooh Thetis. This makes up for the pain and suffering that is Aisha yesterday.

Now I need only Clissa left then I'll have all the valkyries ingame.

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oooh Thetis. This makes up for the pain and suffering that is Aisha yesterday.
:eek: Are you crazy? She is so OP! Only unit I bothered to take to AW99.

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

4 niel drops now. 1 SU on Sophie. sigh.

Fayne

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So the general rule is auto skills are bad (except Jerome) and skills that change the role of the unit are also probably bad.
I'd disagree with that.
In very few situations you might want to activate the skill at a very specific point of time. In those cases automatic activation sucks. But ask yourself: How often don't you use your units skills at all in normal maps? For me, I clear most maps without using skill at all, because "I might need them later on", just that this later never happens. In those situations automatic activation is a straight boost to DPS (or whatever the unit does).
In Charlottes case one might argue that her skill has magic damage and is bad against enemies with high MR. But: At some point in the future rune fencers will always deal magic damage. So in the long run this argument is invalid. In most cases you'll want to use her behind a dulist or tank to kill stuff faster. As soon as killing this boss takes longer longer than her skill duration and cooldown, you don't loose anything.

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

:eek: Are you crazy? She is so OP! Only unit I bothered to take to AW99.
I still can't feel that. She is black and she is just as broken as all other broken blacks for me, not in a whole another lvl of brokeness (I think I got that word wrong, but I hope you get what I mean) as I read everytime. It is better with her SAW, but still I think that Despara's and Olivie's SAW makes bigger difference.

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd disagree with that.
In very few situations you might want to activate the skill at a very specific point of time. In those cases automatic activation sucks. But ask yourself: How often don't you use your units skills at all in normal maps? For me, I clear most maps without using skill at all, because "I might need them later on", just that this later never happens. In those situations automatic activation is a straight boost to DPS (or whatever the unit does).
In Charlottes case one might argue that her skill has magic damage and is bad against enemies with high MR. But: At some point in the future rune fencers will always deal magic damage. So in the long run this argument is invalid. In most cases you'll want to use her behind a dulist or tank to kill stuff faster. As soon as killing this boss takes longer longer than her skill duration and cooldown, you don't loose anything.
Well, if you can clear the mission without skills, the automatic activation doesn't make a difference. It may make it a bit quicker but doesn't affect your ability to clear the map. If you do need the skill to beat the map, then automatic activation is really bad, unless you can time it to go off when you need it but that is a lot of work.

xaxs said:
I still can't feel that. She is black and she is just as broken as all other broken blacks for me, not in a whole another lvl of brokeness (I think I got that word wrong, but I hope you get what I mean) as I read everytime. It is better with her SAW, but still I think that Despara's and Olivie's SAW makes bigger difference.
If you have her and haven't SAW'd her yet, do it. I was a bit skeptical that it would make much of a difference but when you have her nuking everything in the map you can really see the difference between before and after SAW. And it's not just her skill, she brings 14% extra HP for everyone, reduces all their skill cooldowns by 30% and hits 475 (unbuffed) twice with her normal attacks. Of course all gacha blacks are really powerful, but Aisha just brings so much in 1 unit.

alpha10th

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Aisha's "cheat" status doesn't come from the screen-wide decimation that is her SAW.
The point of her is that she's so freaking compact.

Just one Aisha fills like 4~5 different rolls all at once.
It's just ridiculous in a game where you are only allowed to deploy only 15 units.

Other blacks or great units are excellent at one or two specific things.
Aisha does a shitton of things and is awesome at all of them.

I won't say she's the best unit, period, since there are too many standards for that.
But out of all blacks that I own, she's probably the only one who never left from team comp even once. This includes X-only missions.

Fayne

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Well, if you can clear the mission without skills, the automatic activation doesn't make a difference. It may make it a bit quicker but doesn't affect your ability to clear the map. If you do need the skill to beat the map, then automatic activation is really bad, unless you can time it to go off when you need it but that is a lot of work.
Charlotte gains a better modifier and a better skill uptime. This might make the difference just as well as being able to time the skill just right.
I'm just saying I never regretted going for an automatic activation skill. I love Thetis' SAW for example.
The guy having a full team of 15 AW90 SAW Charlottes doesn't seem to regret it either.

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Charlotte gains a better modifier and a better skill uptime. This might make the difference just as well as being able to time the skill just right.
I'm just saying I never regretted going for an automatic activation skill. I love Thetis' SAW for example.
The guy having a full team of 15 AW90 SAW Charlottes doesn't seem to regret it either.
So maybe, "automatic skills are bad if you need to use them to defeat a boss" is more accurate? Automatic skills for units that defeat low tier enemies are good, and having a team with lots of automatic skills can also be good.

I've not played DMM version much so looking at what SAW is good and bad is new to me.

khawk016

Tentacle God
Reputation score

not every skill or saw can work for everything auto skills are fantastic you just need to know where to use them and tbh a good number of them can be used basically anywhere with ease

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you have her and haven't SAW'd her yet, do it. I was a bit skeptical that it would make much of a difference but when you have her nuking everything in the map you can really see the difference between before and after SAW. And it's not just her skill, she brings 14% extra HP for everyone, reduces all their skill cooldowns by 30% and hits 475 (unbuffed) twice with her normal attacks. Of course all gacha blacks are really powerful, but Aisha just brings so much in 1 unit.
I just SAW'ed her yesterday and this range is really ridiculous. Yes it is nice, but it didn't impress me so much as Despara's or Olivie's SAW did.

Other blacks or great units are excellent at one or two specific things.
Aisha does a shitton of things and is awesome at all of them.
Maybe that's it. Yes, I keep her because 14% hp boost is really good, and cooldown on skills is nice too... but those are just... that's just not necessary. Just to make things more comfortable than easy. Just my feeling. And about that awesomeness. I have a feeling that she is average in those different roles (average for black of course). Nanaly is great when you need to kill something asap, Aisha's range didn't let her do this as good. Olivie or Despara are great against high def enemies, where Aisha isn't so good against them.

Maybe it's just that, I had too high expectations after I read how unbelievably broken she is. I remember reading similar thing about Nanaly and when I got her I had to admit it, she made a lot of things not even easy but just trivial. Maybe I thought it'll be similar with Aisha. But it just didn't happen.

Edit: Or maybe I'm just not able to be objective, because she's a loli :p

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

3*'d invitation to magic city due to minerva assassinating the big golem

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D