What's new

(Nutaku) Milenium War Aigis (English Version)

Xovian

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: (Nutaku) Milenium War Aigis (English Version)

I'm in the group that still needs to CC and level up a bunch of my units so I enjoy these breaks a lot
Not to nit pick but, while you may have units to level, you are still able to take on any content, your video 3 staring current event should be proof of that. Just because you have units to level doesn't mean the content should be with held when people are able to beat the content with what they already have.

If you need to level units because you can't beat the current event content, than I get that at least. But just "because I need to level units", doesn't really work for me as an argument to delay content further. Just though it was worth pointing out, there is a difference.

Don't get me wrong, the above paragraph right there, I may be the minority who thinks that. But if you can beat what we got, why delay?

akoss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I would have been fine with the break if the event couldn't have been completed with ~30 stamina. If it was a farming event and having 2 full weeks mattered then another week of no new event would have been fine.

I doubt Nutaku is delaying events for the players to catch up though, I just don't think they are ready for back to back events yet.

OP
clavat_k

clavat_k

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I would have been fine with the break if the event couldn't have been completed with ~30 stamina. If it was a farming event and having 2 full weeks mattered then another week of no new event would have been fine.

I doubt Nutaku is delaying events for the players to catch up though, I just don't think they are ready for back to back events yet.
i think that the main reason is because of the Lolis and other characters.
most people complain about this. but we were told that the game was NOT ready to be launched. they did because it had been delayed far too many times.

if im not wrong the game was supoused to be released Early january. but was not released till mid February.

also. we were told that once the first few events would have a delay betwween events.

REMEMBER! if the game has any loli content it could be shut down. (wich would bring nutaku down)

Xovian

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I get ya. The JP Devs have that say, not Nutaku, though I believe they can push for content to be released faster (from previous statements I think they have been).

I do concur, I believe it was because of how little this current event required to finish, and with the excessive length (not excessive for some obviously), makes the break a little groan worthy.

Just something I think I'll clarify. For me, outside of Mon/Thursday, I have plenty of days to get units for leveling other units...eg farming. For some still doing Wen Daily maps, its already been shown that challenge maps like Phalnax2 are great for affection items. Unless you are farming male items, that daily isn't worth running after 3 staring each map for the crystal. So that's a 7 day week, of only 2 days where there is something better to do then grind maps to level units. And if building the males, you still have 4 days completely free to do what you want since we don't have anything for weekends yet either.

Too add to my previous post:
I think it's also worth noting, choosing time wisely is part of the challenge of the game. Do you do the event, or do you do Mondays daily? What will you give up for a given event to ensure you get a desired unit, what are you not willing to give up Cha/Sta wise? This is the balancing act DMM version has had for quite awhile, and I think it is an important part of the game we currently lack.

@clavat_k
But they've been skipping the loli's which eventually we will get in their "buffed" forms I'm sure. Some units like Christopher were delayed for what reason I know not.
I don't think any of the events require a specific "loli" unit to be out so it can be completed. I get they let the game out early, and that there were expected delays for content, but a steady stream of small changes is better than large sweeping changes as they have been so far IMO.

On another note, wasn't picking on ya Clavat_k, just mentioned you as you have leveled most of your units, and have had the worst luck getting Plat or higher rarities.
Thus you've worked with what ya have instead of spreading the love like many of us have. I just know at some point your going to get some super streak of like 8 Plats or something. :)

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think it's also worth noting, choosing time wisely is part of the challenge of the game. Do you do the event, or do you do Mondays daily? What will you give up for a given event to ensure you get a desired unit, what are you not willing to give up Cha/Sta wise? This is the balancing act DMM version has had for quite awhile, and I think it is an important part of the game we currently lack.
This is what people will not understand until they experience it on their own. It's really easy to struggle on the DMM version because of the frequent events. It is a players decision on how they want to progress. Do they want that shiny new event unit? What about getting x unit to 50CC+? Do I skip the event for gold and/or fairies? Do I want an event unit at min-cost?

Starting out with frequent events is a tough road for new players. That's why I said to enjoy having infrequent events for now because as soon as they happen more frequently, then welcome to Aigis, eater of Sacred Crystals. It was a struggle for 6 months in the DMM version for me because it wasn't easy getting more and more units leveled up properly. I am seeing people here with many high level units in a few months because there's nothing delaying their progress. After that 6 months? I finally bought some crystals so I can catch-up on lost progress, which was all spent on farming for affection items and fairies. I didn't even get a platinum armor unit until maybe a few months after playing. Let that sink in, for those of you who feel like they have bad luck getting one at all.

OP
clavat_k

clavat_k

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I get ya. The JP Devs have that say, not Nutaku, though I believe they can push for content to be released faster (from previous statements I think they have been).

I do concur, I believe it was because of how little this current event required to finish, and with the excessive length (not excessive for some obviously), makes the break a little groan worthy.

Just something I think I'll clarify. For me, outside of Mon/Thursday, I have plenty of days to get units for leveling other units...eg farming. For some still doing Wen Daily maps, its already been shown that challenge maps like Phalnax2 are great for affection items. Unless you are farming male items, that daily isn't worth running after 3 staring each map for the crystal. So that's a 7 day week, of only 2 days where there is something better to do then grind maps to level units. And if building the males, you still have 4 days completely free to do what you want since we don't have anything for weekends yet either.

@clavat_k
But they've been skipping the loli's which eventually we will get in their "buffed" forms I'm sure. Some units like Christopher were delayed for what reason I know not.
I don't think any of the events require a specific "loli" unit to be out so it can be completed. I get they let the game out early, and that there were expected delays for content, but a steady stream of small changes is better than large sweeping changes as they have been so far IMO.

On another note, wasn't picking on ya Clavat_k, just mentioned you as you have leveled most of your units, and have had the worst luck getting Plat or higher rarities.
Thus you've worked with what ya have instead of spreading the love like many of us have. I just know at some point your going to get some super streak of like 8 Plats or something. :)
Dont worry bud. im mexican we dont care about criticism nor anything like that xD (im NOT saying that i was critisiced or anything!)

also i think that there are only 2 Loli Event units. (the miko and the new vampire)

on another note.
the reason some units were not released was because they are releasing units as they did on the jap version.
Christopher, Palace, Nenya (debatable i insist she was not released) and others were NOT released at the time the game was launched.
in an interesting note. the black healer was not released with the game launch.

Xovian

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Starting out with frequent events is a tough road for new players.
At some point one way or the other, this will come to pass for Nutaku as well. One could ask if it's fair that new players with the new game should have an advantage over new players 6 months from now. Like many here in the forum, I started day one, but I don't necessarily think that should give me that much of a head start compared to brand new players down the road. I just have more filled out teams based on what I "like" other than just what I have.

There's two sides to it really. Do it now or do it later. I suppose the real question, which one is better for the game in the long run? I can't answer that obviously, as I do not know.

OP
clavat_k

clavat_k

Tentacle God
Reputation score

At some point one way or the other, this will come to pass for Nutaku as well. One could ask if it's fair that new players with the new game should have an advantage over new players 6 months from now. Like many here in the forum, I started day one, but I don't necessarily think that should give me that much of a head start compared to brand new players down the road. I just have more filled out teams based on what I "like" other than just what I have.

There's two sides to it really. Do it now or do it later. I suppose the real question, which one is better for the game in the long run? I can't answer that obviously, as I do not know.
as someone who started a game midway and managed to become part of the 10% of the poblation of said game.

yes we should have the priority. its our gift for having been there ever since day one.
i mean think about it. events keep players in the game. if they were easy to get players wouldnt invest as much time or money in there.

also Aigis is good because you can complete most events even when you have started. (completing means get the character in question.)
in the future youll be able to get most event characters after beating only the first or second mission. on DMM you get said character after beating the first mision (Farming events)

Prototype909

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

as someone who started a game midway and managed to become part of the 10% of the poblation of said game.

yes we should have the priority. its our gift for having been there ever since day one.
i mean think about it. events keep players in the game. if they were easy to get players wouldnt invest as much time or money in there.

also Aigis is good because you can complete most events even when you have started. (completing means get the character in question.)
in the future youll be able to get most event characters after beating only the first or second mission. on DMM you get said character after beating the first mision (Farming events)
I agree w/ this getting maxed/perfect units is the privilege of people who have been playing from the start or those who dedicate to being prepared for those specific events. Most events you can at least get a baseline Gold/Plat etc. just for clearing a certain map, getting a perfect unit should be a bonus not an expectation.

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm not going to argue for having less events even though I voiced how I progressed through my time on the DMM version. It's the journey, and not the goal that players should strive for when they begin the game. I would like to see players here have more frequent events. It's a bad thing if players become disinterested in the game because all there is to do is grind. With more events, it becomes an attraction. Enough of an attraction that incites more discussion, more players, and more money.

Xovian

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I agree w/ this getting maxed/perfect units is the privilege of people who have been playing from the start or those who dedicate to being prepared for those specific events.
I think the latter half of that statement is true. Gaps in events do not promote this though, as it takes no thought to just have EVERYTHING fully leveled. Maybe I don't look at it as an entitlement for having played from the start and hope for a more neutral outlook for both old and new alike. My own philosophy and do not condemn any other outlook just cause it differs, just my take on it. :)

Everyone starts at the beginning, the only thing that will change is what is happening when a given players beginning starts. My point, is that I don't think a players beginning alone should be the deciding factor for difficulty or enjoyment. (Similarly to those that made 100s of accounts before picking one, so they could have the "best" start, I'm not a fan, and neither is Nutaku apparently). Though in hindsight, I really wish I had gotten any other unit as my first "premium" unit other than Conrad.../shiver.

I'm not going to argue for having less events even though I voiced how I progressed through my time on the DMM version. It's the journey, and not the goal that players should strive for when they begin the game. I would like to see players here have more frequent events. It's a bad thing if players become disinterested in the game because all there is to do is grind. With more events, it becomes an attraction. Enough of an attraction that incites more discussion, more players, and more money.
Well said, here here /cheers

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

At long last 3 starred Ryuujin king! Still not even a single drop from this map and it's tempting me to try and get silver archer (cant even CC Belinda :() however the drop rate for silvers is... ;/ except for Elaine's for my alt not even a single one ;/

SybillaISsoCUTE

Reputation score

Well, 24 is fine. i would prefered it right now though (since i had 2 free weeks already...) I have some units to work on, but main team is mostly ready to tackle events.

On a side note, who do you think best target for my last plat armor
considering that i have 50cc30 Alissa and 50CC41 Daniela

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Keep it for Aria :p

Lafate

Tentacle God
Reputation score

(Thought I sent this before I went to sleep)

TL : DR - I'd be curious to know if more people are in the same boat as Clavat_k having almost all units at a good enough level to pass any mission map currently in the game, or if many that didn't just recently start are still struggling to level their units. And in the latter case, I would wonder if its cause they lack information like some of the guides that have been posted in this thread (and added to the OP).

Doesn't do any good for me to complain, was just voicing my disappointment is all, as I think the next event will likely be at the same challenge level as this one, meaning many may actually blow through it because of such a gap between events. To each their own of course, and hey if they are enjoying the game, whether event or no, it's all that matters.
All I know is that outside this forum(where strangely players with any knowledge congregate) all for the pass two weeks I've been seeing people mass scramble to be able to complete this event(unlike with Bellinda). In fact I recently spoke with someone who barely cleared it right now, and other who were there from the start still not being able to do it despite being given 3 different strategy to work with.

Nutaku's facebook constantly had post asking for help against Dragon mages. It slowed down some when someone made a facebook for it, but the question then moved there.

As for the next being at this same level. It is.. possible, but none of them are really exciting(which is probably due to my wanting Anya now) which is the issue for me. Gold rush... is just gold rush.. here are 11 platinum units... you get no silvers to farm to CC though MWAHAHAHAHA. Warriors of the East... okay I lied I'm kind of excited about Saki, but really that event is... Are you healers strong enough so you don't get destroyed by slimes? Oh and it is simple demon crystal farming event. Then the final likely hood is Challenge of Mijuhidan, and while I like her potential uses most wouldn't. I mean compared to the three that should come after that "Revival of Ryuhime"(Give Anya(Princess/Heavy hybrid) and Echidna(Healer/Mage hybrid), "Magic of Mystic" (gives Odette (Mage that can give all units the equivalent of 5 to 20 MR for 15 to 30 seconds depending on skill level), and "Bride of Vampire" (That gives us access to a cheat character... AKA Immortal Princess Karma).

Doesn't really compared.

Last edited:

Xovian

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nutaku's facebook constantly had post asking for help against Dragon mages. It slowed down some when someone made a facebook for it, but the question then moved there.
I really don't see that many (only counted 4-5), did see a lot more people trying to help them out (that had already passed it) with what they need to level. Mostly posts to CC a healer, and or Valk so it could tank. Might be because I don't have an account and don't see everything. /shrug

Despite popular belief, the game is not just about strategy. You can have a perfect plan and even the perfect units for that plan, however if the units are not rated with in the range they should be for the map, you're going to fail. Strategy can overcome a lot, but it doesn't overcome numbers. Most of the posts of the people saying so on facebook admitted that they were not developed enough. Once they leveled a few key units, they passed it. There's been plenty of time during this event to level several units. I find it unlikely that anyone that actively plays and didn't just start playing the game at the beginning of the event can not at least complete most of the maps. I did, and I'd hardly say any of my units on my free account are "threatening" to a whole lot. **I'll edit later, so you can see for yourself.

Edit**
Here ya go:
Units:
Event maps completed:

It should be noted, counting today and just logging in, I've logged in 4 times this month, based on stamp card.​

Began event somewhere between lvl 30-32.

/begin sidenote
On that note of rated maps, I notice our maps are not rated by level like last JP event (vampire girl). I didn't get very far in it obviously as first map was rated for level 1, second for level 25. I was only level 10. I did well at first until she came out and started stunning/paralyzing my units on that second map. It became all too apparent of why I wasn't going to beat the map, and it wasn't for a lack of strategy. Eventually I just ran out of units. I do hope we too start getting maps that are at least showing what they are rated for, or the expected unit level to defeat it. Will be a lot less surprises for people, and they can know in advanced of what to expect. (Will help people save on Cha/Sta too)
/end sidenote

Last edited:

Lafate

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I really don't see that many (only counted 4-5), did see a lot more people trying to help them out (that had already passed it) with what they need to level. Mostly posts to CC a healer, and or Valk so it could tank. Might be because I don't have an account and don't see everything. /shrug

Despite popular belief, the game is not just about strategy. You can have a perfect plan and even the perfect units for that plan, however if the units are not rated with in the range they should be for the map, you're going to fail. Strategy can overcome a lot, but it doesn't overcome numbers. Most of the posts of the people saying so on facebook admitted that they were not developed enough. Once they leveled a few key units, they passed it. There's been plenty of time during this event to level several units. I find it unlikely that anyone that actively plays and didn't just start playing the game at the beginning of the event can not at least complete most of the maps. I did, and I'd hardly say any of my units on my free account are "threatening" to a whole lot. **I'll edit later, so you can see for yourself.

Edit**
Here ya go:
Units:
Event maps completed:

/begin sidenote
On that note of rated maps, I notice our maps are not rated by level like last JP event (vampire girl). I didn't get very far in it obviously as first map was rated for level 1, second for level 25. I was only level 10. I did well at first until she came out and started stunning/paralyzing my units on that second map. It became all too apparent of why I wasn't going to beat the map, and it wasn't for a lack of strategy. Eventually I just ran out of units. I do hope we too start getting maps that are at least showing what they are rated for, or the expected unit level to defeat it. Will be a lot less surprises for people, and they can know in advanced of what to expect. (Will help people save on Cha/Sta too)
/end sidenote
Well I also said in the facebook group that were made. Wasn't even counting those asking for help on the wiki or on the hongfire thread I made which seems to get more less informed people then this one(no idea why). Anyway... I digress

They have a feature that tells people the recommended level, and that isn't already implemented? Dafuq? we get trading post early, but not this important feature?

*Goes back to trying to rewrite class synopsis* Man I suck at this... All to long winded.

Mangomon

Reputation score

Gonna finally get the SCs for doing the Wednesday dailies. Any tips for them?

Thervold

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

All rightie. After a week of thoroughly experimenting I am ready to bring to the table my own conclusions regarding farming:)

1. Dragon Hunting is definetly the best one for char levelling. Captain Obvious much, i do understand:)

2. Less obvious is that Remnants Vanquish 3 is the best map to farm fodder for levelling your units as long as you are ugrading non-archer and non-mage units.

This map has the highest avg overall drop rate (3.5 with a minimum of 2 iron unit drops guaranteed), as well as the highest average copper unit drop rate (0.87 per run).

Now, with bonus exp for matching unit types (soldier here, which also relates to katie, julian, aria, etc.) and with bonus exp for copper units, each run from this map brings in an impressive +12% to +19% ROI compared to any other high level map. Again, that's as long as we are talking about non-mage and non-archer units (so valks, HA, witches, soldiers, bandits, etc.)

Remnants Vanquish 3 also does not require micromanagement, is quick to complete (so you don't have to spend hours farming it), and is only a tiny bit worse for lvling your main char as compared to dragon hunting.

3. Another CO bit is that flame dragon map is obviously best for lvling ur mages.

I'm still trying to figure out which map is best for archers.

On the side note, why is Return to Ruins so popular for farming with many players? It does lag behind against two specialized maps at least (remants vanquish 3 as noted above, and flame dragon).

dagonlies88

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

All rightie. After a week of thoroughly experimenting I am ready to bring to the table my own conclusions regarding farming:)

1. Dragon Hunting is definetly the best one for char levelling. Captain Obvious much, i do understand:)

2. Less obvious is that Remnants Vanquish 3 is the best map to farm fodder for levelling your units as long as you are ugrading non-archer and non-mage units.

This map has the highest avg overall drop rate (3.5 with a minimum of 2 iron unit drops guaranteed), as well as the highest average copper unit drop rate (0.87 per run).

Now, with bonus exp for matching unit types (soldier here, which also relates to katie, julian, aria, etc.) and with bonus exp for copper units, each run from this map brings in an impressive +12% to +19% ROI compared to any other high level map. Again, that's as long as we are talking about non-mage and non-archer units (so valks, HA, witches, soldiers, bandits, etc.)

Remnants Vanquish 3 also does not require micromanagement, is quick to complete (so you don't have to spend hours farming it), and is only a tiny bit worse for lvling your main char as compared to dragon hunting.

3. Another CO bit is that flame dragon map is obviously best for lvling ur mages.

I'm still trying to figure out which map is best for archers.

On the side note, why is Return to Ruins so popular for farming with many players? It does lag behind against two specialized maps at least (remants vanquish 3 as noted above, and flame dragon).
Because people focus on max drops for the maps instead of average drops. Obviously when you are only looking at the max number of drops, you will be biased towards maps with lower Cha requirements.

I think Wolfpack could be the best map for Archers.