What's new

(Nutaku) Milenium War Aigis (English Version)

PAAL

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: (Nutaku) Milenium War Aigis (English Version)

The black oni on wheels X map is gonna need 2 good witches on the right to slow down the first black significantly. When it finally gets to the left side, then either really good burst damage ala Nanaly/Bashira and/or tanks that can survive for a while like Karma/AW Anya/Deine/Gellius/AW Bernice to DPS down the remainder. If you can manage to take down the 1st black oni then the 2nd one at the end should not really be an issue. Ranger traps would work well on this map also, unfortunately the event ranger won't be available for this.

Crossroads X gives you plenty of time to set up multiple soldiers to gather UP for the lich at the end. A solid dueling princess and/or Karma/Deine should be able to take care of the big lich with some ranged support.

Flaming beast X reguires survival of the initial black archer assault. There are guides that shows how this can be achieved. A decent combination of healer/archer or witch/blocker/duelist would be able to deal with the archers. I found that even CC60 Kerry can solo 2 black archers without healings. One solid princess at top with a healer support should be capable of killing all 3 efreets. As for the final Oni rush at the end, I find it easier to let the first black oni walk to the right and allow the mage/witch/archer along the way to beat it down, then block if necessary with something solid near the exit. The 2nd glowing black oni will need a high defense blocker like AW Anya/Karma/Gellius/Deine types to block and kill off. Trying to block both black oni with same unit is really difficult without deployment of multiple healers.

Xerxes

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I mean since Solano is basically an alternate mage isn't her cost already better than any of the competition? She costs less than a silver mage at min cost when she's max cost, so I don't really see a downside - except for the fact that you have to time her skill for efficiency.

Last edited:

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I mean since Solano is basically an alternate mage isn't her cost already better than any of the competition? She costs less than a silver mage at min cost when she's max cost, so I don't really see a downside - except for the fact that you have to time her skill for efficiency.
because you cant put her down and kill things immediately

and she stops attacking. maybe at a crucial time. if you have to have a mage in your sortie list to take her place when she stops attacking - just keep the mage and lose solano.

inDe_eD

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Solano maps were fucking HELL back then. They are by far and wide the most difficult maps we've had at the time they were implemented in my opinion. Even watching many videos and trying many different cheese strats wasn't enough to 3* Flame Beast X back then.
Yeah, coming back to these maps, when I was barely able to 2-star Flame Beast ages ago, and kicking their asses with AW units is pretty cathartic.

I do wish we'd get maps that are anywhere near as challenging as they were back then, though. The only ones that come anywhere close to that recently are the Magic City story missions.

Xerxes

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

because you cant put her down and kill things immediately

and she stops attacking. maybe at a crucial time. if you have to have a mage in your sortie list to take her place when she stops attacking - just keep the mage and lose solano.
We are in agreement, I was just referring to the fact that mincosting her wasn't essential. I even mentioned that you have to babysit her skill to be efficient. It would take a specific sort of map to use her over a comparable Plat Mage, but that wasn't what I was talking about.

(besides that I really wish that I could pull Farne, she's one of my favorite blacks in terms of appearance, megane ftw!)

PAAL

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

To each their own, but to totally dismiss Solano just because of cost and skill downtime is not doing yourself favors.

Can Solano completely replace a mage? No. But can she do just as well or better during her 30 seconds of skill uptime? Yes. Two advantages that Solano has is that her AOE blast radius is bigger, and her attack speed is faster than a mage; so she is capable of killing some nasty stuff that a mage may not be able to during the same time frame. One specific instance that I could think of which only Solano worked and not mages was in the Beatrice map (海賊の逆襲 極級) featuring those insane machine gun mermen that was not in the original DMM event. There was a huge rush of black goblin near the end, and not enough UP to deploy a mage, but Solano got the job done during that crucial period of time.

Solano is very good in tight UP situations, but after her 30 second skill time there is 20 seconds of nothing before skill is available again. She would not work well in maps that have endless streams of attackers. Also those who have gacha plat mages or better probably wouldn't need her either. But she does have her uses and is not worthless.

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

To each their own, but to totally dismiss Solano just because of cost and skill downtime is not doing yourself favors.
yeah, you're not really convincing me of her usefulness here. and i watched a video of that map you're talking about and by the time he even placed a mage there was 10 UP extra over her cost. that's a lot of wiggle room to place a gold mage with.

PAAL

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

That is fine, nobody can possibly level up all units anyway. So we pick and choose who we do it with.

I have had Solano since her original event and I found her to be useful and not a waste of space (currently AW 70). Also play a friend's account that does not have Solano and is doing ok there too without her. But for that account will probably be spending 350 MC to get a -2 CR and 4/5 or 5/5 Solano.

Zero Zet

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Reiterating that was already said by other users, but mincost Solano comes up faster than any mage ever hope to, if you need AoE be ready quickly: 15 UP + 10s initial. Lowest cost mage can push is 27 UP for silver.
Then Solano have natural 946 attack (AWmax), so over 1k with Prince. Only mage who can top that is Estelle with her skill.
And later on she gains true damage. AoE true damage.

All in all, very good unit to have.

alpha10th

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I have the best solution to deal with the summoner's downtime here.

Use 4 of them!!!!

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yeah, except 15 isnt feasible without spending a shitload of sc

all i've done since the event came out is her maps and i've only been able to purchase her original copy and save up 76 mc.

if flame beast x's other drops were worth using the sc on i could rationalize it, but 6 per crossroads x completion is not worth it imo

im willing to spend the sc on her but i'd like more convincing. she's 4/5 skill right now anyway. farming enough mc for the 2 guaranteed sc would still place her at +4 seconds over my mehlis

Last edited:

razisgosu

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This is one reason its not a bad idea to stock up on crystals during a revival with a good drop map. Not sure when our next one will be that has a 90/12 map, but that would be a good place to farm up. Getting between 20-26 crystals a run is much faster.

If you really want to grab Solano, your best bet is to get her to -2 CR. That's the guaranteed amount with the revival's double up chance.

Regarding summoners usefulness and their downtime, at max rank Solano has a down time of 20 seconds, 14 seconds with an awakened rearguard tactician.

Summoners strength lies in their ability to be placed on maps with strict cost requirements and begin nuking while also placing other units. There will be maps out there where you won't have time to setup a soldier, wait for reinforcements and then place a mage before the rush arrives.

Is it something you absolutely need? Probably not. But will it be something nice to have in case you could use it to your advantage? I'd say yes.

ShinyAfro

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Flaming beast X reguires survival of the initial black archer assault. There are guides that shows how this can be achieved. A decent combination of healer/archer or witch/blocker/duelist would be able to deal with the archers. I found that even CC60 Kerry can solo 2 black archers without healings. One solid princess at top with a healer support should be capable of killing all 3 efreets.
I posted my farming strat for Flaming X, Uses Nanaly SAW, Sybilla SAW and Mikoto (Honestly you could replace her, but she's nice to have)

Literally put out AW Katie, Nanaly - Spam her SAW the whole map, Marr (use her ability ASAP) Then prince for good measure.

Past that, all you need is a few units to deal with 1/4 an efreet as nanaly fucks the first one up, second one makes it out crawling, the last one dies if you put a melee unit, such as mikotos token, to block it long enough.

I use Sybilla, Mikoto and Chydis, All AW. I let the black ogre walk by - even if i prematurely fire Mikotos skill, on the non-aura one (Happens, rip anticipation) They can dps him down before he even reaches katie, Sybillas SAW is pretty nasty.

This is one reason its not a bad idea to stock up on crystals during a revival with a good drop map. Not sure when our next one will be that has a 90/12 map, but that would be a good place to farm up. Getting between 20-26 crystals a run is much faster.

If you really want to grab Solano, your best bet is to get her to -2 CR. That's the guaranteed amount with the revival's double up chance.

Regarding summoners usefulness and their downtime, at max rank Solano has a down time of 20 seconds, 14 seconds with an awakened rearguard tactician.

Summoners strength lies in their ability to be placed on maps with strict cost requirements and begin nuking while also placing other units. There will be maps out there where you won't have time to setup a soldier, wait for reinforcements and then place a mage before the rush arrives.

Is it something you absolutely need? Probably not. But will it be something nice to have in case you could use it to your advantage? I'd say yes.
LEt us not forget on the DMM side ther's a certain maid who reduces her cost by 4 when awakened, when we get her no body knows. But fuuck, 11/12 cost solano anyone? (She gains +1 up sometime too no idea when so)

Last edited:

Zero Zet

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Flame X have nearly the same farming efficiency as regular 90/12 tho. 1.8 MC/sta on it vs 2 (fulldrop) to 1,75 (missed one 3-point) MC/sta for 90/12s.

ShinyAfro

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Flame X have nearly the same farming efficiency as regular 90/12 tho. 1.8 MC/sta on it vs 2 (fulldrop) to 1,75 (missed one 3-point) MC/sta for 90/12s.
I think the problem is no one can farm this easily, from what i am reading.

Heres me experimenting, tried and succeeded without mikoto, only Nanaly SAW and Sybilla SAW. -Bernice (Not using her skill at all) to tank aura blackie

Pop Katie (AW.41), Nanaly (AW.59 + SAW)
Use nanalys Skill, should kill Efreet #1
Deploy Marr (AW.41), Use skill asap.
Deploy Prince (L.158)
When the second Efreet spawns, pop Nanalys ability as soon as you can. She should take it down by 50-90%.
Deploy Healer (Chydis - AW.20) and Sybilla (AW.30)
Deploy Leeanne (Mine was only 50CC50) to cockblock Third Efreet, Have nanaly blast him, then withdraw Leeanne

Deploy Healer(Iris) & Mage (Mehlis)
Activate Sybillas SAW on the ogres, the green one should be fine, as she usually has enough time to last from there to the black aura one, if you can deal with green, use it on the red, just in case.
Deploy Bernice (AW l33 should do, no skill needed) She can tank the aura black ogre w/ 2 good healers, and the passive from an out-of-range feng-shui as long as she's not tanking anything else.

Last edited:

Orion

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Zero Zet

Cthulhu
Reputation score

What, it is easy (with AW team, only Gold and Plat rarity units).
(On heart) Soldier > Healer > Witch/Archer when first Efreet passes out of its range > Tank on first balck gob archer > intercept first Efreet with a duelist on the top of a bend > remove tank when she deals with gob archer and warlock to let other to archers advance > gank them on tank's spot > replace soldier with a Prince after Rein3 > drop healer on the right side to cover the Efreet killer > (optionally switch first Witch/Archer to another Mage) > fill right side with Mage (Noel will do), witch and third healer > drop your favorite tank on a aura Black Cyclops when he passes, and optionally replace ganker with a good duelist or tank to deal with lesser ogres, or replace first healer with a good ranged to pewpew them dead without engaging directly.

Edit: Basically, , only with lot less shuffling thanks to the power increases.

Last edited:

walla

Sex Demon
Reputation score

And now Anya joins the team of perfect units:

Shao, Odette and Miranda on the way with some missing levels but complete skills.

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

farming it is not the problem. i can easily 3* it. i just dont want to spend a ton of sc for affection items that i have 200+ points worth of stockpiled already