What's new

[Nutaku] Taimanin Asagi: Battle Arena

RaVeN 777

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
So JP version closing in July. Does it mean this version will die too when will run out of jp content, or we will get original events and cards?

Drakhatos

Reputation score
Nobody can tell. The choice for a different leader on the main screen is something JP doesn't have, so who knows. Kinda want to doubt that Kagami and other artists will draw for an "English" game.
But if that's true, the game lived pretty long, closing with their 5th anniversary then, I guess.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
i knew it was dying, but that has to be one of the 3 longest running DMM games. flower knight girl and millenium war aegis being the other 2 i can think of.

also, nutaku has taken over dmm games in the past, after they closed on jp side. creating nutaku exclusive content, so it's not impossible. all it matters about is sales. though i dont think western fans will last 5 years before burning out. jp side has some crazy spenders.

Reputation score
i figured this was the case, as google translate mentions adversaries. i just couldn't tell with how it was trying to word it

1. If the members of the defense deck and the leader are adversarials 40% defense power of ally versus devils UP
so with your description, this actually makes asagi an amazing card for RB events that have demons as the main card. pretty bad card for arena because she is skill specific and USF decks will be attacking you.
hhhh seems like they modified her skill

Reputation score
In premium gacha when i pulled by 10 i got nothing only R's cards and HR but when i pulled one by one i got 3 SR's cards

jackbob24

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Here's what I think: They did modify her skill, but not in the way you described. The problem is that Google doesn't recognize the Japanese word for Taimanin 対魔忍 (because frankly it isn't a word, haha.) The word got butchered and flung about as a result. That's why Google gives translations like adversaries and devils which is probably not technically wrong but very unhelpful. :LOL:

Instead it is pretty much what Drakhatos said: 40% DEF UP for every Taimanin, but only if the leader(!) and the entire defense deck are Taimanin.
Notice however that the Taimanin leader requirement is gone in the English version. Only the defense deck has to be Taimanin-only now, which makes it more flexible I guess.

There are cards that instead look at the enemy leader's faction coming up soon. First one being Crackle the pussycat.

b2b2209558c7506365c05a078268ca82.png
.........I love it
But yeah, this gon be gooood. I can probably farm much more efficiently this way.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
actually, the leader has to be taimainin too, because the leader is part of the attack and defense deck. that's why in arena matches, when they attack your defense, your leader shows up too.

as shown here, it says needs 5 cards

Drakhatos

Reputation score
When you use five same cards is related to what her skill does (60%), not what's needed for her skill to activate. Defense deck also includes the leader by default, so always relates to defense/offense plus leader.

jackbob24

Demon Girl
Reputation score
@dartred @Drakhatos

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. They wouldn't just randomly change a skill like that for no reason. It's not like it wouldn't be a good card otherwise.
It's just that on the wiki the DMM/Japanese description mentioned the leader part more explicitly, so that's where I got confused haha.

Drakhatos

Reputation score
Even if she had the part to only work against demons, would still be the best defensive card to farm. Taking it away only made her better and more versatile in general. Such changes on cards turn out good, but may eventually lead into making future cards a bit weaker. We'll see how they handle it.

cptkleenex

Reputation score
Besides Fulst being the far too frequent bastard he is, I gotta say that Speed Demon has been a total bro this week. Good timing your appearance.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
yeah, i've gotten lucky where i reached level 50 speed demon or red oni before fulst.

Drakhatos

Reputation score
Given Nutaku wants to open a Discord server for TABA soon, may not need to create a group or channel on my own server. They hopefully give more freedom to talk, or we keep it with DM's. :poop:

JustALurker

Reputation score
The current TABA discord did change some stuff recently and made a spoiler channel where you are allowed to talk about future content. Only exception is that you aren't allowed to link the JP wiki (You can still talk about JP wiki content) and post the card art which is most likely because they are affiliated with nutaku so showing that would be rather weird.
I don't think that the upcoming official TABA discord will allow spoilers but who knows.

Drakhatos

Reputation score
I wonder what the content update from tomorrow will be about. Was surprised to see that this tower event goes on for twelve days which is more than it should. Has its good sides but is boring.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
oh right, i forgot to say that too. what's up with that. no sure if this is how long it was dmm

cptkleenex

Reputation score
I normally do these tower events up until I get 5 of the 3-star card so it can get dumped into the "complete cards" storage box. I'm through level 160 and still short one Oboro and its really hitting home how hard top 50 is without all the point boosters. I'm barely hanging in there and there's still a week of this shit left.