What's new

[Nutaku] Taimanin Asagi: Battle Arena

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
yes, the SR reward card is bad. even neo with 25% reduction to all factions is better because there isn't a 2/3 chance that the skill will be useless against your opponent.

JustALurker

Reputation score
I understand that the value of an attack down card has low value during arena battles because we lack the certainty of actually fighting an opponent using demons but the value of a 50% attack down for raid battles would be pretty massive compared to a 55% defense buff from the previous taimanin event cards. I can't see the card being bad when almost all of our playtime is used hunting demon raid bosses.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
yeah, i did mention that she had use i RB events.

also, we are not too far from edwin black. which is attack and def down 30%. pretty much making a LOT of cards obsolete.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
that moment you use just 1 premium ticket on the gatcha and you get a UR. where the fuck was this luck for annerose...

since mirabell is in premanent pool, this makes her better then neo. defense based stats and i can take the time to build her skill.

Durper

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hum.

1551345177705.png

You wot m8 ? That's a lot of power to give me here. Should I wait to use them ?

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
wait for sure, the Gatcha cards are trash this time around.

next weeks gatcha has the masked oboro 30% down to all factions defense to round out the 30% down debuffers

the week after we get demon asagi to compete with swimsuit asagi for 25% atk up to all factions

both being much better then the current UR.

with masked oboro being the better of the 2.

Last edited:

JustALurker

Reputation score
Have you guys seen the crazy point multiplier on slayer cards?

This got posted in the discord chat.... it's apparently a level 23 sakura giving 100k+ points because the slayer cards together give an 8.64x multiplier.

Attachments

Drakhatos

Reputation score
If they don't change it to JP numbers for boosts, P2W will outshine everything. I don't want to use nine times more potions to compete with people. Giving a boost is ok, but that's out of the world.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
wait, they never gave boost in previous events did they? i swore slayer cards only had extra attacks as their perk.

Drakhatos

Reputation score
JP had it as well, but not that strong. 1.5, 1.2, and 1.1 point boost for them, not 3 and 2 times. Got added today.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah, today is a lot of 'WTF' all over.
>Demon get's Anti-demon prep with a DEF card
>Slayers are now worth more then a simple attack boost, not meaning too much for this event, but later events are going to hurt of luck doens't pull you one...Including at 3x rate, killing a lv20 boss for 60k points anyone?
The Sakura's pretty solid for RB, though Taimanin's never been a slouch on the DEF side of matters, chopping off a core RB by nearly 50% is pretty drastic (I feel like getting 2-3 of her should be possible all things accounted for most people here). Yeah, soon they'll be universal cards that do that gimmick better, but this is a card you're not rolling for ether. Lark Shasha is just...INTERESTING for demon though. They already have native strong UFS cards, and then the last few events gave them anti-Taimanin to boot, where I don't even -need- to run a UFS deck at all and just double down on my demons. But giving them even Anti-Demon? I wouldn't believe it till they got a DEF down % card, but hot dang if they aren't pushing demons hard right now. Otherwise not too sure what the appeal of PvP is, even doing the events. I've mostly seen it as a 'one and done' for the ranking up items, as the hold stuff's not even worth trying for unless you're Thrall or someone else dumping cash into this. You get more then enough pots just by grinding stuff, and unless you're desperate for rolls tickets come at a rate where in 2 month downtime I've gotten well over 60 preminum's and a fair amount of HR's and SR's just waiting for a time to be burned. I don't even want to think someone who started before I did is well stocked up right now.

cptkleenex

Reputation score
I didn't even notice the point boosts as part of the cards. I managed to pull the 3-star and put it as part of my demon killing deck but now I feel like I have to put it in my taimanin killing deck too just for points.

Edit 1: I wonder if trying to brute force into getting all the slayer cards would actually produce a net positive effect. Just go absolutely ballistic on the event with these giant multipliers and hope to land a bunch of premium tickets along the way with the 50,000 point rewards.

Edit 2: So I think the me from Edit 1 was onto something. I burned a lot of tickets to get the Slayers and just did a full Fever Time with them active and these were the results. I used only BP +3 pots since they drop as part of the 50,000 point rewards.

45 pots at start, 31 at end. After collecting rewards, back up to 38. Not exactly BP neutral but still not a bad ROI.

7 premium tickets earned.

My Sakuras are up to 200k per kill so that gives me 4 random rolls each time. They are taking no more than 3 BP per kill so one +3 pot in those rolls and the kill ends up being entirely neutral.

I know, I'm a bastard with the cheater cards but I'm going to try making back my tickets and more with this tactic... should luck stick with me.

Last edited:

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
how many tickets did you spend and do you have all the slayers?

JustALurker

Reputation score
Both the discords have been going on about it for quite a while, seems that thrall managed to collect 53 tickets already, most likely more by now.

The multiplier change seems straight up outrageous, they didn't think about the 50k rewards allowing for an (almost?) endless sustain or just underestimated what the top players could do with a multiplier this big.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
the JP use to have a cap. that you couldn't collect past 50 million points or something. yeah, the cap was retarded in itself and virtually pointless

but they didn't have the multiplier that we have right now. i am seriously considering spending my 10 premium, 3 HR and 3 SR tickets just to get a chance at that SR and start grinding premium tickets like mad. i have the pots to do it too, but the chance that i'll get another UR when i just pulled one is near impossible.

what is this crazy UR luck now... where was it for annerose, seriously.

from the HR and SR tickets, i got rebecca, dragon ingrid and mizuki.

at least that sakura will see some use in my USF deck.

cptkleenex

Reputation score
how many tickets did you spend and do you have all the slayers?
Took me 44 total draws, with Waltrude being the straggler. I've already clawed back 32 tickets in 5 or 6 Fever Times so I'm on track to easily make back the investment and more. Sakura's are now worth 250k so I've upped it to one extra prize draw each time too so the BP sustain is even easier, despite the occasional raid boss eating 4 BP now on a bad skill trigger, especially after all friend assists have been burned.

Not sure if this kind of multiplier will happen in future but I'd say that if it does, going full tilt on the event really seems worth it.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score
Hooo boy, I wonder how quickly others are going to catch on about this, as maaaan, I was kinda enjoying my top 150 placement right about now with how most people where sleeping on this event due towards the rewards...but now that this has shown to become more or less ticket fever if you pull the slayers all, how bad this is going to make getting into the top placement if you're not going to risk burning rolls and not getting the cards needed so you can reinvest...

cptkleenex

Reputation score
I don't think it'll get too overboard. At most you might end up with an extremely top heavy Top 10 but the rest will probably be more like you're used to seeing. If this kind of multiplier happens every time though, you might see it more as people prepare themselves to dump all their earned tickets as soon as this event comes round again.