What's new

Obeliskos plays through Diablo 2 LoD

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score
And so it begins.

Currently playing a level 10 assassin. I started with a paladin, but eh, I like the assassin more. Currently wasting all of my skill points on Burst of Speed so I can ninja around everywhere. Plus it's fun to lose my worthlessly slow sidekick. I've got a few points elsewhere, but I'm focusing on Burst of Speed for now.

Just finished the fifth quest, one left for act 1. Let me tell you, the monastery can go fuck itself. I almost died 50 times there. The Smith was a pushover compared to actually getting to him. Let my poison spears do the work. I usually sport double Katars with poison and shock damage, but the dude doesn't screw around if you're close enough to swing his hammer at.

Gonna level a bit before taking on quest 6. That's in the monastery's jail, and there's no way in hell I'll be taking that on in my current state.

By the way, I don't have online for LoD (got it from a torrent >_>), so don't ask.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Obeliskos plays through Diablo 2 LoD

I still prefer necromancers honestly. They level ridiculously fast (although it's hard as hell to get one powerful). Sorcereress is also a good class if you're going cold, since the instant death factor gets ridiculous at times.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was thinking of going for the necromancer (was rubbing my chin thoughtfully on the character select screen), but went for the assassin due to the promise of martial arts and dual claw weapons.

Probably doing a negcromancer run after I finish/get bored of my assassin. This is also just to kind of test the water and get a better hang of things. Though by the time I get good, D3 is probably going to be out. =\

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Necromancers suck in PvP unless you have godly gear. I'll be blunt. They also have a hell of a time with bosses. They rape general mobs pretty damn well though.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

They can own bosses easily once you get one golem and the curse Iron Maiden. Also, the best strategy for necro's in my opinion is to get two to three levels of summon skeleton and then ram most of your skill points into skeletal mastery. Save a few points to get iron maiden, bone spear, and either the fire golem or iron golem, but once you hit 30 (I think that's the level where you unlock the last of the spells) ram 10 or so points into resurrection before filling in your skele mastery as high as you can. The only problem I ever really had where burning dead archers and the ghost thingies that shoot lightning bolts from off screen. Both of those two things had the annoying tendency to shoot at me when neither I nor my minions could see them.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Necromancer is for PvE plain and simple. He can control an army of skeletons, both melee and mage; his Curses are good to get as well; his bone shield is nice to have; if you manage to get someone to play with (you can still do TCP and open battle.net) he does well with most anyone.
Hmm... perhaps I should run a Paladin with my buddy's Necromancer, see if the auras affect the skeletons.
Anyways.
Yeah, the Assassin isn't the easiest to solo with, but it can be fun; just be sure to keep those health potions handy >.<
Personally, I like the Sorceress and the Druid. The Sorceress has the freezy ball of doom, and her lightning branch is a good secondary; though she needs uber equipment if you want her to pump out massive damage and not be glass IMO. The Druid... Elementals and Transformations make things real fun :D

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I went Amazon. Bows and swords (even though she's better with spears), and I raged across the battlefield in a shower of blood and severed demon limbs.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I prefer Barbarian. I can just slash and burn. But I gotta watch out for my HP, since, y'know, I'm right in the middle of it.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I myself usually went paladin and put everything in thorns or whatever the aura was called, can't really remember since I haven't played in years. I hardly needed a weapon just healing potions. I had a pretty good necromancer as well though. I wonder what I did with my game, can't seem to find it anywhere and now I want to play again.

Treebeard

Lurker
Reputation score

I love the necromancer. A horde of skeletons? Fuck yeah. Of course, when the enemies do manage to get past them, I get murdered in my sleep. Thankfully, that isn't often. He's level 16, and I've poured every point I can into Raise Skeletal Mage, Raise Skeleton, and Skeletal Mastery. 9 Skeletons, 4 Mages, and a Golem from my weapon's enchantments.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I love the necromancer. A horde of skeletons? Fuck yeah. Of course, when the enemies do manage to get past them, I get murdered in my sleep. Thankfully, that isn't often. He's level 16, and I've poured every point I can into Raise Skeletal Mage, Raise Skeleton, and Skeletal Mastery. 9 Skeletons, 4 Mages, and a Golem from my weapon's enchantments.
I tend to find, though, that at later levels 2-3 super skeles (Read: dump almost everything into mastery instead of raise) are more useful than a horde. Also, since you're playing a necro now, I would suggest investing enough skill points so that you can get a level or two of iron maiden. While not important against mobs, it is a godsend against bosses. I think that the only boss I faced who I didn't use iron maiden to kill was Baal (I ended up spamming bone spirit on him).

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, my beef with Assassins is having to use so many health potions. Unless I train on weaker enemies, I pretty much get raped. It's probably my own fault though, since I've been spamming points into Burst of Speed. I WON'T STOP UNTIL IT INCREASES SPEED BY 100% FOR 5 MINUTES. (Seriously, I'd :D if that actually happened.)

But again, it's not a very serious playthrough. Just having fun with running around at blindingly fast speeds.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Yeah, my beef with Assassins is having to use so many health potions. Unless I train on weaker enemies, I pretty much get raped. It's probably my own fault though, since I've been spamming points into Burst of Speed. I WON'T STOP UNTIL IT INCREASES SPEED BY 100% FOR 5 MINUTES. (Seriously, I'd :D if that actually happened.)

But again, it's not a very serious playthrough. Just having fun with running around at blindingly fast speeds.
How ironic he uses Assassin (A female class) and raped in the same sentance

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

I hope you have the assassin nude patch if yer playing an Assassin.

*prefers Pally's*

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

How ironic he uses Assassin (A female class) and raped in the same sentance
He doesn't really. It's the same line though, so I'll allow it.

(Inb4 Heil Grammar Nazi)