What's new

(OOC) DND Unchained Chat

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: (OOC) DnD: Unchained Out of Character Chat

Well then you still have the 1 free save that has no downsides. As it is in general I think it is a bit quick but this is an ERP afterall, just rely on us tanks to do the work!

Though out of question, do we get advantage against enemies that are grappling an ally? Seems like it might be a bit hard for them to dodge when there pants are around their ankles.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Honestly, my biggest problem with this is that it looks fucking stupid. "This chick just gutted the guy next to me like a fucking trout and is now swinging a massive sword at my skull, I'm going to hump her now!"

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd say might be better to do it the LoB way and have it as a multiple grab action instead of a single one before the sexing starts. But well, we are fighting a horde of horny monsters that can reproduce like flies, so god knows on their self preservation instincts :p

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

At the very least some attempt at restraining should be made beforehand if you ask me. Or just beat/disable the heroines first, then rape.

As it is, it's basically a save or suck on every enemy attack.

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You don't lose any capability of fighting back when the sexing happens, other than disadvantage. The person being attacked doesn't have to make a choice one way or another, they will only suffer the disadvantage. So the problem of being helpless as you mentioned doesn't exist.

Because it varies from monster to monster, the DC for the effect is also lower since it's a free effect. So even someone unathletic and non acrobatic can still reliably dodge say, a goblin's violate DC of 11. And if she doesn't, then come her turn she can still fight back. She'll just have to deal with a goblin attached to her, doing things to her.

I can't really do it the LoB way here, Ranger, because that system of combat takes way too long. Every single monster engaged in a grapple both renders the victim helpless, and can take several turns for them to actually do something. The monster will either ensure the player can never take their turn and cause the snowballing Grave is afraid of, or they'll just die because it just takes so long for anything to happen. I don't want to make the PC helpless when under these effects because I believe that being rendered helpless under such circumstances would only be tolerable if we were in a live session where you don't have to wait that long to be free. Whereas in a session like this, you can wait 2+ days to actually give input.

As a final note, having the rape only happen on loss means there's no need for any of the sex mechanics I listed with trauma in the first place. And it's more of a personal issue I have with rape on loss as well, I think it's an idea that's been done to death and back and I just don't find it appealing. Because in such games I either never see it or getting it is as much of a hassle as it is a good thing. On one hand, horray there's smut. On the other, gameovers suck. I don't believe mixing in the erotic content with the failure status makes for good enjoyment of the erotic content. Especially if you never see it. So, I'm not gonna sway much on the issue of rape during combat.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Though question, sex doesn't seem to deal any damage, so is there some way for it to take out PCs? Or is it just that if everyones successfully grappled and climaxed (and still grappled) or unconscious then we lose the encounter?
The design philosophy behind it is that if a PC gets ganked, she's liable to fail a DC against violation, which will cause all subsequent hits to be violation instead. Which means it will lessen the amount of instant KO's that occur if the enemies all aggro one PC and pound her into oblivion. As for taking the PC out, when they reach 100 Trauma they can choose to give in to lessen the damage of corruption. At which point they're out. Otherwise cumming will grant a temporary stack of exhaustion until a short rest occurs. Except the last stage of exhaustion will obviously be ignored. But the PC can always resist and keep fighting, so it's difficult for a PC to be eliminated this way.

Though out of question, do we get advantage against enemies that are grappling an ally? Seems like it might be a bit hard for them to dodge when there pants are around their ankles.
Yes, you get an advantage with melee weapons, but not with ranged or spells.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Even if PC's don't end up helpless, you're still basically giving all enemies a free chance to cause a debuff that can inflict semi-permament to permament afflictions on a single series of unlucky rolls. And I wouldn't call a fifty-fifty chance reliable which is what every character without more than 13 in STR or DEX and no proficiency in Athletics/Acrobatics will get against your hypothetical goblin. And their situation will not improve with leveling unless they specifically invest ability score increases in those stats. Except people with low physical stats are generally casters who have no explicit reason to do so. So they'll just keep on sucking as the enemies get progressively stronger and thus harder to resist or kill before they inflict trauma/pregnancies.

The disadvantage will be easier to suck up, sure, but that's about all they get out of this compared to martials. I know you're probably trying to set this up so that those classes have to rely on them to tank the aggro, but the moment something gets past them or an ambush hits things are going to devolve rapidly as casters try to keep the enemy off of them and thus can't use their abilities to support the frontline against whatever they're tanking. Which may be fine against weak opponents, but could become problematic if there's a smaller group of reasonably strong foes to defeat instead. Especially if said foes have the ability to cause other debuffs on people, or access to shit like charm magic. You know how something as simple as having your party suprised can turn a good run into a massacre in Darkest Dungeon, no? It's exactly this kind of scenario I am worried about: good preparations shat up by RNG.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I can't really do it the LoB way here, Ranger, because that system of combat takes way too long. Every single monster engaged in a grapple both renders the victim helpless, and can take several turns for them to actually do something. The monster will either ensure the player can never take their turn and cause the snowballing Grave is afraid of, or they'll just die because it just takes so long for anything to happen. I don't want to make the PC helpless when under these effects because I believe that being rendered helpless under such circumstances would only be tolerable if we were in a live session where you don't have to wait that long to be free. Whereas in a session like this, you can wait 2+ days to actually give input.
Yeah that makes sense, forgot how long the grapple battles could take.

On one hand, horray there's smut. On the other, gameovers suck. I don't believe mixing in the erotic content with the failure status makes for good enjoyment of the erotic content. Especially if you never see it. So, I'm not gonna sway much on the issue of rape during combat.
I agree, I like the mid combat rape mechanics more then just always rape on loss. As it is the rate of getting trauma might want to be slowed down a bit, but even at its current level I'm actually fine with the mechanics even if they might end up being a bit tough. If the enemy does get past the tanks, or as grave puts it, we get ambushed. It kinda should be a battle to keep the casters and ranged characters from getting mobbed and sexed. It puts the onus on the melee people to put themselves in the way so the damage dealers don't get taken down, and on the damage dealers to not park 5 miles behind the melee characters. (Also advantage on melee attacks means that its relatively easy for the melee characters to clear off a mage that's being grappled.)

Afterall, the point of the game is to get sexed (and to lose at points) to some extent, so I figure if the RNG fucks us over then it fucks us over and we go off to find some way to make up for it later.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

and thus can't use their abilities to support the frontline against whatever they're tanking.
I said that they can perform all of their actions normally, multiple times. So if you need to cast a spell at something an ally is fighting, you can.

In addition, your character has 9HP, and a goblin deals 1d6+2 damage. She will be KO'd in about two hits given the vanilla mechanics.

Why is being grappled and either saved or freed on your own a problem when in the same amount of successes, an enemy would see you simply dead on the ground.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Some of us mages will become immune in midgame regardless of stats. Me and Weiss specifically.

Grave meanwhile has access to Thunderwave, so he can just fire that off and lob everyone off him next time he gets a spell. Even if they don't get shoved he can damage em. Thinking about picking that one up myself.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes, I can perform actions normally. Except instead of providing fire support for martials like I'd normally do, I'll be busy trying to keep my own sorry ass safe. That's where the not being able to provide help to others comes from. And she has 9 HP on the first level. Later on she'll have more as well as access to shit like False Life and so on if need be. And being reduced to 0 HP is not instant death in DnD from what I recall, unless that changed in 5e, don't remember if it did. And that still doesn't inflict permanent debuffs like corruption does, or semi-permanent ones like an instance of Trauma which can be taken instead.

Honestly, that's the biggest problem here: being taken down is one thing, but this is an easy way to cause a debuff spiral, with trauma, exhaustion and corruption mixing together. And while some of them are removed by resting, time is a critical resource in this game which we may not be able to afford to waste on bringing people back to full fighting shape. Even giving in is more punishing than a simple knockout, since the latter allows your allies to pick you up later unless there's a wipe. It's the quite considerable potential for stacking penalties that worries me.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Every single debuff is within the realms of the sex mechanics. Even the more horrible ones, like The Need and Addict, are remedied by having sex once. Even then, the more you get, the increasingly harder it becomes to get more, to the point where it can take forever before you even see another debuff. It will not directly affect the vanilla mechanics, just the sexual ones which were designed from the start to be as separated from the actual game as possible.

You're worried about something you shouldn't be. You won't be in the middle of a fight and just fall over because you have 13 corruptions.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

^Going with RJ on this one. I think you might be overworrying about the chance of the debuff spiral. Especially since its just as possible that you might get buffed by getting a corruption too.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Every single debuff is within the realms of the sex mechanics.
Really?

Temporary Trauma
There are 4 stages of Temporary Trauma, and they can be triggered by creatures that match at least one type that the triggered creature had, such as an orc attacking the PC after a goblin inflicted a corruption. Though the orc's effect will only be 50% as effective. When a Trauma is triggered, it lasts until the character is no longer in conflict with their source trauma. When another stage is unlocked (can only be done with the same two matching types), the character suffers both stage's effects.
Code:
*Stage 1: The character's rolls are lowered by 1d4.
*Stage 2: Roll twice for Trauma and choose the higher result
(Add then divide the two for half trigger)
*Stage 3: The character's rolls are at a disadvantage
*Stage 4: Roll 1d4, character is stunned on 4.
Those are debuffs that last until cured, which is dependant on luck. And even a character with 20 CHA will have a fifty percent chance of removing an instance at stage 1. After that, it just keeps getting harder and harder. The only alternative are permanent debuffs and unless I accept being removed from the fight entirely I have it chosen randomly and run a risk of gaining several in one fight, at least early on.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Then don't take them, take corruptions instead.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Those are only against the same kind of enemy. Though maybe make it a bit easier then having to beat the enemy type (not hard) and rolling a 20 on a d20 as well (entirely RNG based so kinda rather difficult given I assume it only is rolled once everytime you beat an enemy type) Maybe make it 19-20 instead? Or 17-20 if you wanted to make it relatively easy.

Also RJ, so just for clarification the line

WHEN you get a corruption level, several things can happen.
That means you can either choose to take a corruption or a temporary trauma? And is there other options or just those two?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Not sure if I'm not getting my point across her or something, but... Eh. Still thinking it'll come to bite us in the ass, but I guess we'll see.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, you get a choice from any of the effects listed. When you would get a point from reaching 100, you can take the rp debuff that's permanent but does not directly influence battle. It just makes your character slutty. It doesn't impact your ability to fight. But if your character actively rejects the rp debuff then that's when you pick up a nasty temporary trauma that you can remove in multiple ways. Though to put the removal methods in perspective, you will generally have one mission every in game week if your characters have no rest in between. Traveling back to a previous location, for the purpose of defending it for example, will sometimes take lot of time, giving your character a lot of time to recover. So it's honestly quite merciful unless you're fighting non-stop. Which will naturally wear on your characters. You will also often be doing things that entail staying in town, which will allow plenty opportunity for you charismatic ally to give you some encouragement.

That's the idea though. If it meets a flaw later I will address it. But without even witnessing it's practical application, I will wait and see if it's honestly that bad.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For rolls, you guys roll all things related to you, meaning to-hit, damage, and etc. I will only roll for enemies and traps, or entities that don't concern the PC.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry for going postless. Yesterday and the day before, I went to sleep like the second I got home from work, but yesterday, I actually woke up really early so I could make a post. Today, I got like 10 minutes to get going, despite having 3 alarms I've got set