What's new

OOC thread

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: OOC thread

I actually knew about Droch-Fhola, my grandmama was born in Cill Airne and used to tell me stories when I was but a wee lad. Of course Bram Stoker was Irish so he possibly had more influence than just Vlad Dracul when he wrote the book.

The other's that I know of are the baobhan sith, which is I believe the Scottish highlands version of the lhiannon shee. Also the Dearg-due (red blood sucker) from Ireland.

Also strangely enough the Portuguese word Bruxha (vampire witch), is Celtic in origin. The Spanish version being Brujah.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention the strix/striges/shtriga from Albanian and Greek myth, another vampire-witch. I think they fit really well with the Tzimisce kolduns.

Strangely as far as I know the Norse don't seem to have vampires among their myths. I guess the draugr are similar in many ways but they're missing the whole blood sucking or life stealing motif.

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Had too much indecision about where to go with my thread here and that led to putting off writing a reply, which with a lot of pbfs and especially mine means a danger to becoming dormant. Compile that with real life commitments and then the holiday season and you get a Torpor'd BlueSlime.

Ronny, if you'll have me back, I'll make a post for Vezina soon. Just have to get mentally back on track with her. I recall being at a major point of indecision as to how to go about infiltrating the mortal archbishop without pissing on the shoes of Mithras and his Ventrue.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just piss on them shoes

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tempting, but them pissing down my ripped open throat before leaving me to the sun makes me hesitate.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Touche. It seems stealth and a silver tongue is in need here

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Right, I'll just turn on my obfuscate and my majesty... oh wait, I'm not a Baali.

Time to get my lady dracula on.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh hells yes you did.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I just figured you were kind of busy with IRL stuff, seeing as how you said you would be in the member announcements thread. It's not like I don't randomly disappear for weeks at a time myself either.

So yeah just post when you get the chance, or I suppose I could always toss a pretty young virgin in Vezina's direction if your having trouble getting back in the swing of things.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

"So, our horse broke down and us two fair maidens needs someone to help us change the tir-, I mean shoes." ;)

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Are you sure you want a minnesinger changing your horses shoes, I doubt if he's much use when it comes to manual labor. I also now have this hilarious image of Marie and Erzsebet hooking Attila up to the carriage and making him pull it if one of the horses actually did become sick.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Actually my current obsession has been "it's weird that no animals have wheels instead of legs"

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I guess it's a good thing that you aren't a tzimisce in that case. As funny as picturing a cat with wheels is, I don't think I would want to actually see one.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't think Vezina wants to see that either. :D

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Actually, a lot of prosthetic for cats and dogs actually do replace the legs with wheels, because you can't exactly teach an animal how to use a fake leg, but they can just kinda pull themselves along with their good legs if they have a built in wheelchair.

A far cry from natural wheels though.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Segwaytaur, half human and half segway. That image is now stuck in my head because of you.

Anyways I've been working on my maps again mostly because I like making maps. I kind of like this one better though I haven't done the supernatural version yet, since I wanted to get a bit more complicated on that one. It's more or less the same map just moved back about 10 years, which would be roughly when everyone's prologues started as opposed to the start of the actual game. Here it is though the projection kind of makes some places seem a little wider than they should, that's my main problem with it.

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/picture.php?albumid=1035&pictureid=16448

I also had this cool idea while I was reading about stuff, though I wish I had thought about it much earlier. The Tzimisce are really heavily tied to eastern Europe in the game which is cool in some ways but also annoying. So I've been thinking of other places where the Tzimisce could be found naturally. They would still be associated with the Voivodate of eastern europe in most minds but you could easily have a few princes scattered about.

I came up with at least three places I can see having one or two Tzimisce who have always been there and are just as hard to dislodge as the voivodate. In no specific order: Ireland, especially in the mountains to the southwest, same traditional enemies of werewolves and ventrue as the voivodate, they even have there own version of Dracula as Sinful pointed out. Basque country, not the same enemies but I think they fit the Tzimisce pretty well. Either the Sami or maybe Finland or maybe both, true the Sami are semi-nomadic but in a relatively small area. Anyone else got any ideas along this line of thinking?

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Only thing that comes to mind are specific Russian locations, which are fairly well covered already, or maybe specifically places like Georgia.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Tzimisce being scattered around a bit more would be fun, so I like the idea. I suppose the Irish Tzimisce could be tied to the legends of the Fir Bolg or the Fomoire (Formorians) who were the ancient enemies of the Tuatha Dé Danann (but occasionally intermingled with them as well).

Basque Country might impinge on traditional Lasombra territory, but a small cabal might make sense.

The Caucasus mountains in Georgia or Armenia would be interesting, perhaps clashing/coordinating with the Assamites? There were Tzimisce elders who were present in Byzantium, so they might have traveled further east if they felt the need to carve out their own domains.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

From the fall of the Western Roman Empire, Tzimisce could have moved throughout Europe with the migration of a few different tribes. The Ostrogoths could have brought some small groups into Italy, while the Visigoths could have brought some right into Iberia, Southern Europe, and Greece.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The Voivodate includes a fair bit of the Rus principalities, what isn't would be probably be werewolves. Though I think the Brujah would fit well in Novgorod now that I think about it.

Mixing Tzimisce and the fae is actually a rather frightening thought, I like it. I don't think the Lasombra would mind a handful of Tzimisce in their traditional territory, especially if they're willing to lend war ghouls to the efforts of the shadow reconquista.

I actually kind of forgot about Georgia over there all by themselves, that sounds like another good spot.

The only problem with migrating with the goth tribes is the Tzimisce have trouble moving once they've settled. Though I could see them tagging along with the Suebi to Gallicia in Iberia. Slightly different than the basque idea and yet they fit in the same way. Though I wouldn't want both and I'm not sure which I like better.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When you mix the Tzimisce and the Unseelie Fae, you get things like that eyeballs-in-hand dude from Pan's Labyrinth. :eek:

What was making you think of having the Tzimisce more scattered?