Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: Out of Character Chatter Thread

thats so excitiiiiing

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

I've already spoken to Wolf and Shrike, but if anyone else's characters are going to start out pre-grouped, let me know. Otherwise, I'll begin putting up intro threads.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm fine with having the group stumble across me ala KOTOR, KOTORII and The Old Republic; if that works for you and everyone else.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm moderately certain I wouldn't know anybody else, though I am not opposed to changing that.

Maybe meet someone trying to fuck off offa Coruscant or whatever.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I don't think mine would know anyone else, unless they interrupt her in a job of course.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I'll be going with Deemak, the Jawa. I don't know if he'd be very good starting off on his own, but really, he could very quickly meet up with anyone else. Only problem would be a language barrier as he can only speak Jawa (which non-Jawa's can't learn) and the Jawa Trade Language, which only Wolf's character knows (of the group).

So, if Wolf and Shrike are okay with it, Deemak could start with them. Or he could start solo and find his way to the others. Either works for me.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm fine with whatever, yup. i keep seeing new posts here, and thinking that the threads have been started. XD

Also Maiko, you could spend some credits on a translator, most likely. dunno the cost of a normal one, but if necessary, you could probably cheapen it by making it just for basic/jawatrade translations, if necessary.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

The closest thing (besides a translator droid) is a voicebox device that a few basic phrases. Deemak actually does have enough to start with one (only 75 credits), and I was considering it anyway.

Still, I think one of the appeals of species that can't speak Basic is those moments where the characters that can't understand them are left out of the loop. Maybe not for the characters that are left out... But what I plan on doing is having Deemak talk <Like this> when using JTL, so that everyone else knows what he's saying, but the characters shouldn't. Metagame knowledge and all that. If it gets problematic enough, can just have him build a simple translator droid later on.

Edit: Added the voicebox to Deemak's sheet. I find it a little humourous that two of the phrases are basically "I come in peace" and "Take me to your leader".

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I just want to say that 'a room' is like 50 doshes, and 'a meal' is 10.

So most of us are like, flat-out dead broke. <_>

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Honestly, Hardware tends to just kind of gloss over background stuff like that, Blarg. Might not this time, but usually doesn't mess with it. He's not big on crunchy nitpicking.

As for Deemak starting with the Jedi, I'm fine with that.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I haven't had a single GM or DM that does get nitpicky about stuff like that.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Currently confused about how this is starting D:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds like you can place yourself wherever, and he will sort out how to get us all together, yup.

Also, hey Maiko? did that voicebox mean you're hanging with Blue now, or are you still gonna be found by us first?

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Also, hey Maiko? did that voicebox mean you're hanging with Blue now, or are you still gonna be found by us first?
Blue?

Also, was hoping to still start with the Jedi. The voicebox thing is rather limited in what it can communicate.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

*nods* we accounted for that. according to the plan, you'll meet us in just a few hardware posts, it sounds like. just got to get the pair to leave the acadamy. I think you're safe placing yourself on a ship or station, but you may want to doublecheck, see if he has any particulars in mind.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Alright. I do have an idea for a post. Will just run it by Hardware first.

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

Yeah, I've got a way to explain the Jawa starting with the Jedi. Give it just a hair for me to get there...

Also, there will be issues here and there. Please bear with me; I'm not used to not having my players here in front of me for me to interact with...

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, lord... I'm seeing shades of Mushroom in Maiko's Jawa.

Short version: Mushroom was an NPC in some of my old offline RPing group's Star Wars stuff. I'll let Hardware fill in the details later.