What's new

Overquest - What if the good guys had already lost?

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Overquest - What if the good guys had already lost?

Just make sure she doesn't return the favour if you get her properly cured.. :p
Hey, Yan's a switch. It's all good. Just as long as the Overlord doesn't get either of them.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hey, Yan's a switch. It's all good. Just as long as the Overlord doesn't get either of them.
Oh the Overlord is a super nice guy, .. once you get enslaved by him...e rr.. to meet him!

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As far as ley lines and advanced arcane knowledge and all that jazz... is this the sort of thing that Seklah knows or that Zilrax knows?

I'm always personally wary of keeping player and character knowledge separate. Sure, Seklah's a learned scholar so it makes sense she knows THINGS but, she hasn't read the script of the multiverse like Zilrax and Pervy and I have. So when do we start calling for knowledge checks and the like?

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As far as ley lines and advanced arcane knowledge and all that jazz... is this the sort of thing that Seklah knows or that Zilrax knows?

I'm always personally wary of keeping player and character knowledge separate. Sure, Seklah's a learned scholar so it makes sense she knows THINGS but, she hasn't read the script of the multiverse like Zilrax and Pervy and I have. So when do we start calling for knowledge checks and the like?
I dun even know much about Ley lines, not because I don't know much about D&D but because they are exeptionally vague as a concept.

As for when to call knowledge checks.. your characters can say whatever they want, that doesn't mean its true and correct unless its checked with me to be applicable to this gameworld. That doesn't mean that what Sekla says is wrong by any means, she may simple have read theories interpreting natural phenomena differently.
Simple example, with an entire vampires have a bunch of weaknesses lots of people heard about, you aren't leaning far out of the window if you go 'holy symbols and sunshine hold, maybe destroy or at least weaken them' But for more exotic knowledge like 'have to count every single grain of rice on their way' and 'have no shadow' you wouldn't expect it to be true by default... though it may well be true depending on the DM's storytelling. My personal favourite in this situation is to not give the players a 'No' but a 'this may not be as effective as you think'. For example, if I played a more powerful vampire and the players tossed a bag of rice at him/her to count, I'd rp something like 'The creatures eyes lock on the rice as you toss it to the ground. Taking a step forward as the last grain settles it tells you: "2715".

Leylines are the same, in what they are and how they function. Perhaps I just treat them as high magic zones.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Plus in the intro the guy was spouting gibberish about leylines and such. I don't know if I;m right because I don't know anything about the staff either. So there's no real... Separation because neither me nor her know the answer, just what people have said.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Plus in the intro the guy was spouting gibberish about leylines and such. I don't know if I;m right because I don't know anything about the staff either. So there's no real... Separation because neither me nor her know the answer, just what people have said.
He did? I did, crap I did. errr..

I mean, obviously my npcs sometimes misdirect you on purpose! They are not all knowing either!

Plus, Leyline of the Void thraumatized my reanimator until I figured how to deal with it, which is simply running an avatar of discord main, nasty with dark ritual on its own anyway, and an ichorid sideboard for those joksters.

and I still want to make a lewd MTG campaign one day.

Zilrax

Reputation score

But then I'd have to pick between slivers and hydras :p

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Heh, Slivers hold a special place in my heart as after repeatedly being defeated by them multiple times I developed my reanimator in the first place. I should have gone for an enchantress deck instead as that'd be more balanced a challenge and my reanimator ruined my friends circle. *chuckles*

Anyway, you don't need obliterate to deal with slivers, a simple living dead will do

Wait are we talking mtg or erotic mtg inspired campaign?*tips chin*

If theres actually enough MTG players about to pull it off it'd be amusing to have a 'Whats your favourite deck in naughty'

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

MIRRODIN BELONGS TO ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Mirrodin on its own isn't scary, combine it with some of the good artifact things from the past and it gets reaally intimidating. like destroying everything on the enemies side of the field every round kinda intimidating. #Metalworker #Nevinyrrals disk #Darksteel forge

Zilrax

Reputation score

Slivers can be a pain, but I find them far more enjoyable to face than Eldrazi. Or Ninjas. Or Vampires.

Hydras are fun but far too slow. Though if you get out a certain card they get dumb rapidly.

Erotically though, eh... Slivers, Dragons, Hydras, Sphinx's, Gorgons, Centaurs?

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'M GONNA FUCK THAT LEVELER. AND THE MYR. AND THE LEONIN. GONNA FUCK EM FOR I SHALL SEE THEM ALL
̖͇̉ͫ̆̔̃ͫ͞
͖͈̺̼̖͒͆ͪͥͤ̆M͚̽̿̄A̘̝̲̲ͩͫ̾ͅD͈̟͑E̠ͪ͊̊̽
̟̺͓̯̔ͯ
̶̼̗͇͆C̡̯O͎̫̊̾ͦ̎M̸͍̱̩̐ͮP̼͢L͚̤̳̜̮͉̓͟E̱̘ͤ̑ͫ̓Ă͚̩ͪͯͪ͂T̷̥͓͇͔

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd propably settle with my luck deck, like its not the strongest ever, but just goblin bomb on its own is worth playing it.

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd propably settle with my luck deck, like its not the strongest ever, but just goblin bomb on its own is worth playing it.
Funny, you almost sound like we aren't having a discussion about erotic MtG. Or are reckless gobbos your thing? I won't judge.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Funny, you almost sound like we aren't having a discussion about erotic MtG. Or are reckless gobbos your thing? I won't judge.
Counterpoint.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thats not a gobbo. Thats a plague-ridden knife-ear.
Its a goblin in my kinda campaigns. Well admittedly, that was just the first hit when I googled, too lazy to pull out my own personal fav looks which are a bit more small stature like.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

She seems like someone Yenna would like to dance with.

breckcole

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello all :) I can't wait to jump in with everyone.
(If that's still good with Pervy)