What's new

Overquest - What if the good guys had already lost?

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score
Re: Overquest - What if the good guys had already lost?

Well, nows your chance to pull a big bluff, Blue.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I thought we were past the point of bluffing and going for an alpha strike?

I can have Yenna try playing dumb, but I reckon that only gives more time for Corgana or priestess fanatics to wander over.

Pervy, how far from interference of other bimbos or worse are we? Does this appear like a good opportunity to fight?

Zilrax

Reputation score

Well it could let us get closer, and given you and Sangria are closer ranged than me, well... It's your call, we don't have surprise though, she is aware of us.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rolled a 3. :(

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well it could let us get closer, and given you and Sangria are closer ranged than me, well... It's your call, we don't have surprise though, she is aware of us.
Correct. That said, a 3 ain't gonna cut it.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

11 Initiative total. I'm rolling below average these days.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Zilrax and Blue, gimme a backup plan roll. Sangira has.. geesh a 17 strength roll , thats definitly enough to hold Corgana, but to hold someone helpless and make them imbibe a liquid she'll need help. ^^ She's been doing nothing but roll good all this time.

Dex or str for Zilrax, str pref, Dex for blue.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

14 for a straight up dex check.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

good good, now time for that nat-1, Zilrax.. :p

Zilrax

Reputation score

Not like I need it, I'm a bloody wizard :p. Frankly if we need her held down I outta hit her with a tanglefoot bag or Entangle. But alright.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yay, Corgana is free and we level up.

Need to see if we can test that serum and make an antidote. Any chance I could brew a tea that helps?

I suppose it's an awkward leap but Yan's first master, a slaad master who created weird medicine in the form of tea from raw chaos, has made me want to have Yenna be good at potion crafting too.

Is there any good synergy for this, zilrax? Or should I leave the brewing to Sekla?

Zilrax

Reputation score

Alchemy and potions don't overlap unless you're an alchemist. Note you can only make Bard spell potions though unless Pervy says otherwise. And as a spontaneous caster, only spells you actually know at that. Though there might be rules for letting me give the spells, so you can make potions of spells I know but not sure.

Either way, up to you. Craft wonderous is a safer choice generally though.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Actually I think thats an interesting angle, that said, without alchemical equipment you can't analyze the potion and afterwards you may need to go questing for components. If you'd like to explore the tea-leafing backround further I could see it happening, but don't expect it to be a quick sollution.

Zilrax

Reputation score

I do have alchemical equipment. So by our powers combined, guess we'll see what we can find out.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

No offense, but this is a character background thing - not a check to see if I can solve future problems. I don't want to mix her abilities with Sekla's, as that's not the point.

I want to represent Yenna's understanding of her former master's abilities. If the mechanics of her class don't support that, then I'll just say her usefulness to him was simply in selling his teas and getting stuff for him that he didn't care to do himself.

Her bard class represents her learning under Madame Zun, a githzerai bard, and therefore probably it was this background personality that gave Yenna the abilities she has today. I just wanted to know if there was an easy way to represent both things in my background that I cooked up without a second thought to looking at the rules.

If not, then it's no worries. I'll continue being normal bard.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmnnn..

I don't see a bard being an apt alchemist, not in this case, perhaps you could stumble upon a plant that has similiar mind restoring properties and brew Corgana a tea from it, but you'd first have to have some herbalism or alchemical skills.

seeing as your skills lie primarly in performance I'd rule that, while not impossible, it is rather unlikely you find a fitting herb on the prime material plane. You could go searching for it with about a 25% chance of sucess after a few hours of search in the wildernis, 50% in a herbalists shop.. if those still exist.

Or to put it more simple, it could help delay the inevitable but wont provide a sollution, you need a real way to deal with the slave conditioning and whatever more was done to Corgana.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmnnn..

I don't see a bard being an apt alchemist, not in this case, perhaps you could stumble upon a plant that has similiar mind restoring properties and brew Corgana a tea from it, but you'd first have to have some herbalism or alchemical skills.

seeing as your skills lie primarly in performance I'd rule that, while not impossible, it is rather unlikely you find a fitting herb on the prime material plane. You could go searching for it with about a 25% chance of sucess after a few hours of search in the wildernis, 50% in a herbalists shop.. if those still exist.

Or to put it more simple, it could help delay the inevitable but wont provide a sollution, you need a real way to deal with the slave conditioning and whatever more was done to Corgana.
So you're saying she needs to sing some songs and retrain Corgana's mind, eh? Okay, *takes out the whip* So you say you've been conditioned and enjoy being told what to do, eh? Okay, new plan....

"I'm the overlord now."

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So you're saying she needs to sing some songs and retrain Corgana's mind, eh? Okay, *takes out the whip* So you say you've been conditioned and enjoy being told what to do, eh? Okay, new plan....

"I'm the overlord now."
That shouldn't shouldn't sound as erotic as it does. :p

Think of what you know of the setting so far and then hit spoiler if you dare:
First time anyone cast a charm spell, Kiyomi, it completely mesed up Corganas conditioning.
Magic has been outlawed.
Overlord was originally described as a sharp mind, but certainly not a master enchanter, before he came to power.
Yet theres influencing magics making you slutty everywhere, apparently..

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I've had her take Suggestion as a spell for her level. And in another level she'll be able to cast suggestion with her bardic performances (albeit for a shorter duration).

I figure she can do that and make Corgana agree to be her plushy little warrior sub bitch - Yan Yenna's been a dominatrix before anyway. If that's what it takes to keep Corgana out of wanting to please the overlord, then she'll do it.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I've had her take Suggestion as a spell for her level. And in another level she'll be able to cast suggestion with her bardic performances (albeit for a shorter duration).

I figure she can do that and make Corgana agree to be her plushy little warrior sub bitch - Yan Yenna's been a dominatrix before anyway. If that's what it takes to keep Corgana out of wanting to please the overlord, then she'll do it.
Just make sure she doesn't return the favour if you get her properly cured.. :p