What's new

Parabolic's "boxing with a blonde in the Bathtub" Game.

Yossarian

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Parabolic's "boxing with a blonde in the Bathtub" Game.

Parabolic posted that he released a version of the game on DLsite English.

It is unclear however if just had an English Manual included, or has actually been edited to include English text.

You can never tell with machine translations.
Haha, I feel bad now that I put in the request on DLsite English for it to be released there and then I finally figured out how to buy on DLsite Japanese and just bought it there before it could be posted to Eng side.

HERO1000

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I do have to say, the cheat table works good, but it seems that the ONLY 2 values that remain un-adjustable and can't be activated/deactivated is the girl's HP and stamina. Every try seems to yield as untouchable, wat do?
I have the same problem, these two always display as question marks even after I open process the game they don't change.

stuntcock42

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I have the same problem, these two always display as question marks even after I open process the game they don't change.
Oops, that was a bad pointer chain. The updated cheat table (linked below) should fix it. I've been holding back on updating this thing since someone complained that I was spamming the thread.

mega.co.nz/#!KgJFXZ4B!F9IdKxAVOqNdG_DSEcxLjGCWHiB1yGuyBaWJtiBGnrY
uploaded.net/file/ktrq32n7
<attached to this post (hopefully)>

Game Mechanics Update
I thought that I had found a way to directly adjust the AI aggression/attitude, but it doesn't really work. It may be that the AI behaviour is inherently multivariate (so it will resist my attempts at blind tinkering) or that is consists of hardcoded "attack patterns" which aren't susceptible to simple numeric manipulation.

Anyways, what we do have so far are two methods by which to alter the gameplay experience (iin addition to the obvious cheats for score manipulation and invincibility):
  • Stamina Drain (hotkey Shift-5). This cheat depletes the girl's stamina. The AI will continue to attempt attacks, but whenever it tries to throw a punch it will instead perform a "slump backwards" or "catch my breath" animation. It's possible for the player to attack or grope during these animations, but seeing them repeat continuously is a bit weird (to me, at least).

Because "retreating" is a special action which requires 500 Stamina to initiate, this cheat allows you to engage in "endless" or "sandbox" gameplay without any time limits.

• Difficulty Adjustment. You can alter the game difficulty during round. The really interesting part is that you can switch to a "non-existent" difficulty setting. Upon doing so, you'll notice that the "Score Multiplier" vanishes from the GUI (the game remains playable, with an x1 multiplier). Since the AI "behaviour" or "aggressiveness" is linked to the difficulty setting, switching to the unknown difficulty setting causes the opponent to become almost entirely passive.

She'll retaliate if you throw a punch or a grope, but then she'll immediately settle back down. She'll tend to remain in whichever "posture" she was in at the moment that the cheat was activated, but she may switch to a different posture if you actually punch her (by "postures" I mean: fists raised, leaning back, splashing, hands on chest, etc). She'll usually tolerate poking/pawing/groping attacks without changing posture.

The difficulty level can be adjusted at any time. If you want her to adopt the "hands on chest" posture (for maximum ease-of-groping) then try switching to Easy difficulty and refrain from attacking for a little while - if/when she makes the switch you can flip back to Unknown difficulty and she should remain in that posture. Because this cheating technique involves numerical adjustment and special timing, I haven't included any hotkeys - I'm expecting that the player will Alt-Tab between the game and Cheat Engine when using the difficulty hack.

The main advantage of this cheating technique is that your opponent will "stand still" - the repeated "out of breath" animations of the Stamina-Depletion technique will often cause your attacks to miss.
    • 0 = Normal Difficulty (score multiplier x2)
    • 1 = Easy Difficulty (score multiplier x1)
    • 2 = Hard Difficulty (score multiplier x5)
    • 3 = Super Difficulty (score multiplier x20)
    • 4 or greater = Unknown Difficulty (score multiplier x1)

This cheat does not prevent your opponent from retreating. If you want an endless/sandbox game with this cheat in-effect, then just use Cheat Engine to freeze the Girl HP variable at a value of 200 or greater.

Edit: I've discovered two "zombie" techniques via HP manipulation, but they're barely worth mentioning. The first technique involves deliberately killing the player character during the intro sequence, then restoring HP before the screen fades to black. The game remains playable but the player character's arms are invisible (in other words, it's a pointless gimmick without any value). The second technique is to restore the player's HP after losing the game normally, but before the game fades to black. In this case the player model remains visible and can continue to make attacks. Unfortunately, the player had been "knocked backwards" during the defeat animation, and so none of your attacks can actually reach your opponent (you just get to throw punches at empty air). Again, it's a useless gimmick which doesn't open up any new gameplay.

Attachments

Last edited:

marvelJustin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, I say thank you for providing such a detailed working on how to screw with this game using cheatengine, but unless you DID change the cheat file to fix that problem with the girl's stamina and hp, then unfortunately, the problem is still persisting.

The values are still at ?? (unchangeable)

HERO1000

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well, I say thank you for providing such a detailed working on how to screw with this game using cheatengine, but unless you DID change the cheat file to fix that problem with the girl's stamina and hp, then unfortunately, the problem is still persisting.

The values are still at ?? (unchangeable)

He did change the file. It's file size is different.

But yeah, the problem persists with me as well, those two values, and the difficulty value remain unchangeable.

edit: When he said "spam", he didn't mean stop posting. He meant put your long posts in a spoiler tag so they wouldn't fill the page and, ya know.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

MEGA is being a MEGA pain and not letting me d/l the new CE sheet...anybody mind uploading it to this forum? Pretty easy to do...just zip it and upload it...

Last edited:

tracingthelines

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Also having the same issue, MEGA says "Temporary Error, Retrying." and then never manages to get the file. Would appreciate a rehost.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm having the problem in that I'm getting no values other than time actually showing up. Everything else stays as "??".

Is it because I'm playing the updated version of the game?

Last edited:

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Finally got the download to work.

Anyway yeah...been messing around with it for a while..have yet to see anything other than regular groping, slapping, hitting and the one missionary sex scene where you choke her a little bit.

Unless I'm missing some stuff, sure wish there would be more to this game...so freaking promising and hot.

marvelJustin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Looks like he made another blog post; here's a bing translation (google would probably say the same general thing)

DMM's even started selling.
(´ ' Ω') like it was okay...

New Year holidays was slowly by.
Purin-CHAN's new modeling is making slow progress in. ヽ (° ∀ °) it could allow the unveiling!

But this year many are thinking now is boxing well. But it's just end.
Trying to provide a mode, ryona element stronger than it may not make future H scene? I think.

(´-Ω-') thank you again this year!

So, it looks like our guesses of there being a new h-scene to this game are not entirely unfounded; also, as a separate thing, is the spoilers tag broke for anyone else besides me, trying to put that translation into a spoiler to cut down on wall text didn't work for some reason

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Works for me.

hqbreaker

Cthulhu
Reputation score

can someone upload the newest version?

zeroxsaber

Sex Demon
Reputation score

the newer version is just the same thing with added keyboard support for those who want to use keyboard,aside from that nothing is change,hell even the creator himself is not recommending using keyboard

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

i know the game is much easier with mouse pad then with keyboard i say
why even making a keyboard version. if he recommended to use the mouse?

SkipTracer

Reputation score

Any chance of a CE table for 32b?

stuntcock42

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Any chance of a CE table for 32b?
Short answer: no.

Long answer:
The 32-bit memory allocation is much less convenient than the 64-bit structure. After five rounds of filtering, I'm still sitting on over a million pointers. It would be silly to upload a table based on such results; the 64-bit table (which was filtered down to a few hundred) was found it to incomplete or unusable by many people in this thread.

If you still want to use cheats, you'll need to use the conventional technique:
  • at the main menu, search for a floating-point value of exactly 836
  • start a round
  • attack the girl once
  • search for a decreased value
  • repeat until only one address remains
  • this is your "girl HP" address. You can manipulate it, freeze it, etc... It can be used only for this particular sessions. If you quit the game then you'll need to repeat the search process next time.
Similarly:
  • at the main menu, switch to hard difficulty. Do not begin a round of gameplay.
  • search for a 4-byte integer valued at 2
  • switch to easy difficulty
  • rescan; the value should now be 1
  • switch to normal difficulty
  • rescan for 0
  • repeat until only one address remains
  • this is your difficulty setting. By adjusting it to a non-standard number (e.g. 7) you can induce the semi-passive behaviour that I described in the previous post
  • as with the HP address, this result is valid only for the current session. The next time that you launch the game, the target memory address will have shifted and your table (assuming that you saved it) will be useless.
And so on for the remaining variables...

Of course, you're welcome to perform your own investigations (e.g. 32-bit memory scanning and pointer tracing) and experiments (e.g. variable modification in search of undocumented gameplay features). I haven't done any poking at this game in recent weeks; I'm waiting to see whether parabolica releases a significant patch/expansion/whatever.

Edit - in truth, I did a bit of poking while I was waiting for CE to sniff out pointer chains. I was hoping to find an FOV hack (because I consider the view in the HScene to be too restrictive). No luck. Instead, all I found was a way to overcome the camera angle restrictions (pointless - who wants to stare at the ceiling during a sex scene?) and a way to adjust the x-axis and y-axis mouse sensitivity (meh - the default values are fine).

Finfin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Weird game. If she's not getting banged though, then its honestly just a waste of time, there are way better non-h games out there.

igotnostuffs

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Weird game. If she's not getting banged though, then its honestly just a waste of time, there are way better non-h games out there.
There's H in it.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

There is H...even without the independent H-scene, there is H in it. It may not be bondage anal rape with two tentacle dicks and a banana but the combat itself fits a nice little niche that is not only hot, but kinda adorable and funny all at the same time.

Do I wish there was more H-scenes....why the hell wouldn't I? Still, it's a fun game that is way more fun to mess around in than most out there. Easily.

stuntcock42

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I can't figure out how to adjust the FOV, but camera manipulation is possible:

The game's programming is more robust than I would have expected. It's possible to adjust the camera position in various ways (see screenshots). However, the game's logic is based on the partial player model which is included in the scene (in addition to the visible arms, you need to imagine a "hitbox" or "collision space" near the camera itself) and so if you attempt to zoom in on the girl's cleavage then you'll probably trigger a collision and get knocked back to the standard camera position.

The surprising thing is that collisions were registered even after I had used the "passive behaviour" trick described in a previous post. Incidental animations (such as splashing water, stretching her legs, or leaning back in the tub) are all candidates for collision behaviour - it isn't limited to slaps and punches. Of course, the game doesn't actually subtract HP if you trigger one of these accidental collisions; it merely resets your camera position to the default.

Corollary - if you simply zoom out a bit (I suppose "dolly out" would be more precise) or offset the player model sideways, then she'll attack empty air. The AI doesn't actually "aim for the player"; it's apparently hardcoded to throw attacks at a standard position. It's possible to put the player model in a position which will consistently be reached by some of her attacks while others will consistently miss.

Please note that no matter how much cheating or hacking I do, the game is not going to provide a rich or immersive third-person experience. The player model used for the bath scene is incomplete (see screenshot above). If I put in a lot of effort, I *might* be able to substitute the "ghostly" player model from the HScene. Since that model would still be headless, and the legs would be un-animated, the end result would be silly and not worth the work involved.

The player's attack animations use a separate set of camera values, so it isn't possible (yet!) to really do anything with the unusual camera positions. If* I can get the animations to work with non-standard positions then I might try to actually expand the gameplay a bit. I'm thinking:
  • WASD to shift the camera position position (standard FPS control scheme)
  • Ctrl key recenters camera at standard position (it normally resets only rotation along the X and Y axes)
  • Plus (+) and minus (-) keys adjust zoom level.
  • PgUp and PgDown keys control elevation.
Does this sound useful for anyone? It would require a fair amount of work, so I'm not going to bother unless there's some interest. I would also need some volunteers to help me screen out false positives among the pointer chains.

This is a big "if" - I can't promise that it will work.

Limitation - camera adjustment and third-person view does not work in the HScene. The game uses a similar camera data structure for the HScene, but during that scene the camera parameters are actively and continuously modified by the game (which makes sense: camera motion is integral to a first-person experience). It's possible to modify values (e.g. zoom out to get a wider FOV) but the game immediately reverts the change. This is a "roadblock" for me at the moment; I can't find any way to influence the HScene (not even cosmetically!) via memory manipulation.