What's new

Parties

Parties

• I AM THE PARTY KING/QUEEN. I LOVE PARTIES.

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Hiss. I hate parties.

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score
Re: Parties

I LOVE APPLES TO APPLES!! Even sober

And I melt faces at twister
My friends hate me in Apples to Apples :p
I had never even heard of it, and I beat them all by 3 cards on my first try >.<

I forget what all I laid down, but I know the one that got me out was Batman... the green card said Technology (or something like that) :D

I'm decent at Twister... I just think it's funner drunk because I'm usually the one watching the drunks attempt it, and wind up in near-impossible positions XD

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Either drunk twister or strip twister.... or drunk strip twister.

I think apples to apples is fun depending on the different people of different mindsets of logic you play with. The people I played with had the saying "Play the judge, not the cards" and it was very true. Things that didn't make sense would win if they hit a certain reference or got a laugh.

Lurker
Reputation score

Some people get that drunk, 'cause they figure it's the only way for them to forget about something really shitty that happened that day.
I don't understand it, but it's the excuse they use; pretty lousy excuse I think, since they don't seem to forget it even while drunk, but that's just me.
Have you ever read The Little Prince? It was required reading for a foreign language class, but it's good. Early in his adventures the prince meets a drunk who, when pressed on the subject of why, admits that he drinks to forget that he's ashamed that he drinks.

Drunk ' ' and 'Twister' are pretty hilarious as well :p
I love this game. Winning cards in my group tend to include Helen Keller, MLK, Anne Frank, Batman.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Have you ever read The Little Prince? It was required reading for a foreign language class, but it's good. Early in his adventures the prince meets a drunk who, when pressed on the subject of why, admits that he drinks to forget that he's ashamed that he drinks.
Not uncommon.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I think apples to apples is fun depending on the different people of different mindsets of logic you play with. The people I played with had the saying "Play the judge, not the cards" and it was very true. Things that didn't make sense would win if they hit a certain reference or got a laugh.
Yeah, my friends apparently have rules that state certain cards win, no matter what. In case of a tie, the more relevant one wins, but I have yet to see that happen.

Unless it's Helen Keller. That card wins PERIOD.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

This is actually one of the top reasons I drink, of course it's a lot easier to admit with anonymity(Sp?). I actually started drinking a lot so I could sleep at night upon my return from my first tour in Iraq. I would actually hear gunfire in my head just about anytime I fell asleep. So I was taking sleeping pills and drinking together almost nightly before someone finally put a stop to it and helped me out. It sucks and it's stupid, but since when does something being stupid really stop anyone from doing it.

Also just to clarify when I drink at say a party, I usually won't have more than one drink. When I'm alone drining is when I go into ugly mode.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Alcoholism is rough =\ my sympathies go out to you, ronny.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Indeed it is, but I'm still alive and theres only one thing in this world that can kill me. So it's all good.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Possibly, I don't actually know what it is that will finally kill me but I plan to enjoy my life in the meantime, and not worry about it. Even if I have to deal with alcoholism the whole time. Which probably doesn't make much sense, except to my alcohol addled brain.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I cook better when drunk.

Also: Drunk DDR is the most fun you'll ever have. Ever.

*Hopes to get it set up for her party this weekend*
I love drunken DDR! I have actually gotten a AA on Sakura playing on Standard while drunk, I usually have a hard enough time survivng that one at that difficulty.

Side Note: the DDR Extremes have the best playlists, with 2 topping everything out there ;)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I think that's the one I have. I'd have to go look. I've got both Supernovas, and the two before that, I know that much. Too many games, not enough exercising on my part...

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I hear you Ronny, I can't even watch fireworks really anymore. Fort Henry set them off for their sunset ceremony, I nearly stabbed some guy walking down the street with a pen in my pocket...

Anyway. I need beer. I really enjoy the taste and have fun drinking with my father, and training sucked. Time to be stupid.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah I walk around with headphones on during fourth of July just so I won't hear all the fireworks. I actually straight up decked my one cousin because he wanted to see what would happen if he dropped an M-80 behind me. I felt bad about breaking his jaw for about a minute, then I remembered I didn't like him to begin with.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah I walk around with headphones on during fourth of July just so I won't hear all the fireworks. I actually straight up decked my one cousin because he wanted to see what would happen if he dropped an M-80 behind me. I felt bad about breaking his jaw for about a minute, then I remembered I didn't like him to begin with.
Yeah... he deserved it.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Meh. Whenever I go to a party, even if I'm the one hosting it, it seems that all everyone does is get high and pass out, leaving me and two other guys to sit around playing D&D while everyone else characters sit around going "Derrr......"