What's new

Past (Deleted) Events

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Peltas Five Space Station (Milky Way Galaxy)

Toryn shook his head. "Similar, but there's differences, I think. At least the beaming tech I've dealt with in the past required some manner of stationary unit, often ship-based. That unit would then run a modified scan on the target area, and either lock on to a location, or an object, then break the transported object's matter down and shift it through some manner of conduit, often a transmission of some variety, then reassemble it at the point of arrival. There's variations, of course, but what I described is the kind I've dealt with in the past."

He shrugged. "I can only based judgments on what I know, or can guess...Although guesswork is less reliable." As he finished, he winced in pain again, before taking another breath.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((If the symbols aren't in Chozo or English, she can't read them, no worries ;) ))

Veda either didn't catch his tone, or didn't care about it. "What? What is it?" She asked impatiently, trying to discern features on the body inside the pod.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hm. Sounds like our Phase Shields on our newest Carriers." Ixack says, drifting off into nostalgia of his work for Zeratul, then quickly snapping back to reality "Our Warp technology opens a portal, absorbs the object, and can re-direct the object to a desired destination with the unit, or simply to the unit's general proximity. Suffice it to say, it is our own unique way of inter-dimensional travel. Though it isn't very practical for traversing great distances, merely a device for quick escapes when the fight becomes too difficult to handle."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Toryn thought for a bit, then shrugged. "That almost sounds like you'd need to have something like a beacon already at the target location... I'll freely admit that I'm guessing here." He held his hands up in a gesture that seemed to indicate that he wasn't trying to claim any expertise in Protoss technology. "If that is the case...Then we might need to figure out some way of getting it on their ship."

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Which is why I suggested your beaming technology. The only issue is, if we are to enact my plan, why use my technology at all?" he states, a would be smirk on his face if he had it "Because my technology can move troops en mass." he broadcasts, reaching both hands behind his head to feed his neural strands through his wrap and let them hang down, revealing that they were braided into a long twist "We could warp and entire army onto their ship and destroy them. Or a simple stealth team to neutralize their engines and prevent them from running, then disable their weapons. That is how my people would normally conduct an intelligence mission such as this."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon opened his mouth several times, closing it each time with no sound coming out before he finally found his voice.

"That's not a Chozo stasis pod. Those symbols aren't Chozo. They're Ancient. Inside that pod .... is a still living Ancient. The race who preceeded ours and who our technology is based off of. From the writing on that pod ...."

This was likely the first time she'd have heard Talvesh speak through him.

"This dialect of the Ancient language is very old. I'd say on the age zone of over a hundred fifty million years old, which places her burial around the first Draque wars."

A moment as he collected himself. "And those other symbols state that the pod is failing. It has less than sixteen hours of power left before it dies, killing whoever is inside when it does."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Veda didn't say anything for a long moment, stunned into silence. Finally, she cleared her throat and spoke. "Well, what can we do about it?" She asked simply.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sho continued to remain quiet, listening to Toryn and Ixack's conversation and trying to make sense of it from what little she knew.

"Sounds like you guys are suggesting we do both. We can use the beaming technology to get a...beacon on to the ship. If it doesn't work, we don't have to worry about any one of us getting hurt. Then we use the beacon to get on board since it uses a different...frequency, I suppose would be a good word, right? Of course, that still leaves the problem of subduing or eliminating the crew." She pauses for a second. "Don't mind me if I'm being redundant. I'm just trying to make sense of some of this."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"We'll have to head out there and revive whoever is inside. It'll take three hours to get there though. Guess we'll be stepping foot into a Chozo facility again sooner than we thought huh?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"You'll hear no complaints from me. Is there anything else in the facility that seems active?" Veda asks, a bit of a smile starting to show. "I take it this supersedes our other problem then?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It's a more immediate problem that can be solved quickly."

Talok shook his head. "Near as I can tell, that's the only thing with power in here. Seems this was left untouched."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Toryn nods at Sho. "That is, to the best of my understanding, what Ixack is suggesting. The only problem that I can foresee is getting the beacon in place to begin with...Of course...If we had some way to remotely access their systems, getting on board could be a moot point..."

As Toryn said that last and trailed off, he took another deep breath, and was obviously thinking about something. He may just have had a plan start to form.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Alright then, I see no reason to waste any more time, the longer we wait, the more could go against us." Veda says with conviction, standing up, her Power Suit materializing around her. All save the helmet appears, leaving her face uncovered. "Shall we depart?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"We need to inform the others first, and I'm fairly certain Sho will want to go."

He leads them back to the room.

"Ok folks, something came up. Some of you may recall that I mentioned my own people descended from the Ancients. Well the bottom line is, Talok may have found a living Ancient preserved in stasis. That's the good news. The bad news is the stasis pod is failing, and Talok doesn't know how to operate it, I do. If that pod dies, it's occupant dies with it, and from the markings I have good reason to believe the occupant may have been around at the time of the first war with the Sentinels. So, Veda and I are heading out to retrieve whoever is in that pod. You all have a slight bit of free time to plan, or effect repairs to your ships, catch up on past events, whatever. I won't stop any of you from joining us, but it isn't needed, however any one who wishes to join us may get a history lesson."

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Count me in." Ixack says quickly to Siphon as soon as he finishes his sentence "I would like to be aboard your ship and study your technology. I also have a sneaking suspicion on a way to enact my plan using your own ship." he states, looking at Sho and nodding "If we use a beacon, then we can just open a warp hole and send through all the soldiers we would need to take over their ship."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

She nods, listening to Toryn's musing. "Sorry. My manipulation of electronics consists of either pushing buttons and making them work or pounding on them until they don't."

"Issac, is it?" she asks the Protoss, not quite catching the pronunciation. "And Toryn, right? Sorry, still trying to get names to faces. Siphon really hasn't mentioned too many folks to me and in case he just dropped me here with no preamble, I'm Shoni, or just Sho is fine."

When said individual comes back into the room with news, she pushes herself up to her feet. "I'll go too, if that's okay. I don't think I'd be much help with the war planning but this I might be able to."

((For the record, too, she pronounces 'Issac' more like Hiro, saying "I-zaahk." It's what I think when I see the name, Burrito, but she'll get it right eventually. Or just start calling him Zack. *grins*))

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Just so long as she doesn't call him shit.))

"Issac is fine. You may refer to me however you wish." he broadcasts to Sho with a slow blink of the eyes and a nod "Just so long as your terms are not derogatory."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Alright, whoever is going let's saddle on up. Veda, you coming in your ship or you riding with all of us?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'll take my ship, I'd like to do some scans of the ruins while we're there, I obviously haven't been to this one before." Veda says, not wasting any time as she turned and started heading towards the bays. "I shouldn't be too far behind, if at all, so don't feel like you have to wait."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Wouldn't dream of it. Unless you start with the name calling first." She grins. "But I'll try and get it right. Just give me a little time." She falls into step with Siphon when he's ready to go, her ride being his, after all.