What's new

Pathfinder OOC Thread

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Chat Based Pathfinder

I can make this week.

Not next week, though - I'll be out both Friday and Saturday.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Looks like Saturday is the majority, and that works for me (in so far as I know.) Should anything come up, I'll be sure to post it. Friday's pretty good for me, too, but like I said, looks like Saturday's the choice.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Game on tonight.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Loot list from the dragons hoard. People with Identify should order them however they think they would want to identify them, and we'll see how many you get through in the four day gap.

Black Chainmail
Black Breastplate
Breastplate
Silver chain shirt
black chain shirt
7 black longbows
cursed ring
ring
amulet
2 obsidian halberds
obsidian greataxe
2 obsidian shortswords
1 black ornate shortsword
1 ornate dagger
3 obsidian longswords
2 red obsidian longswords
katana
1 ornate greatsword
1 black greatsword

If I missed anything, let me know

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually, with the changes to item identification in PF, we could have effectively identified all of them in a single sitting, just because we have multiple members of our party who can pass DC 25, as well as 35 spellcraft.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I can't use any of it except maybe the ring, so, you know, whatev~

Alright. Last time on Dragonball Z, the party stuck around the dragon's chasm for a while digging the shadow dragon's horde of non-shinies out of it's place five hundred feet down from the place the cultists were conducting their ritual. Keats flew down and animated the scaly bastard and used it to carry the stuff back up - of which there was apparently so much, we had to make multiple trips, despite it's full one-ton carrying capacity. Also Byzat basically took all the weapons and armor and rings and shit. One of them was cursed, and technically hurts him every time he attacks - but not too bad.

We used our new zombie dragon to drag the stuff out of the mines (the little drake family we almost-murdered-but-didn't shat their figurative pants at it), but left it to guard the mine entrance for them. In the meantime, Xavier was back from checking on the caravan, and we learned that they were okay-ish! Hooray.

The caravan was a couple days away. During the first night of getting back to it, Azieru may or may not have forced Kristie into her tent and raped her. Byzat, checking on said tent with his flaming sword in hand, may or may not have been immediately suggestion'd to fuck off out of the tent. Fun times.

When we get back to the caravan, we find the guys back up and walking about... though they still look pretty bad. The orcs were there too, as we'd asked them to keep an eye on the guys, but it was pretty uneventful. Our new Drow Priestess, Lilu, went and tried to change out of her armor... but picked the one Petunia was still painted on. She heard a little about past events, we said bye to the orcs, and continued on to the nearest town to offload some shit.

At said town, we almost had to stay outside the walls for the night. The town guard were on high alert, thirty guys staring back at us with fire arrows from up on the wall as dusk was falling. A failed Charm Person and Intimidate later, someone thought to mention Islona's patron deity, which got our asses inside double-quick. There, we got checked out by the guards - made up of many of the too-old and too-young - and a magic lantern thing. They tell us to go check up on the mayor Gregor, to learn what's been happening with the town. Conveniently, he's probably at the inn. Azieru and Kristie bugger off on their own, while the rest of us park our carts in the square and head over to the inn. Lilu just came from this place, before somehow being almost sacrificed to the dragon, so she leads the way.

Isidien gets us the loft, and learns he just left, so we split up to check out the most likely places he's at - his manor, and the chapel. Lilu, Islona and Redhand all head towards the chapel, while the rest take the manor.

At said manor, the butler "the master's not in" immediately. Isidien catches a whiff of bullshit, though Byzat and Keats don't... but decides not to press the issue, and they leave for the wall - sitting for a chat just isn't that important.

There, they learn more about the town's assailants. We're not very sure what they are, but they're basically ghosts - looking like vaguely people-shaped objects, but all white. No weapons are effective save fire, which only momentarily disperse them, only for them to reform in a few seconds. They start shooting.

Meanwhile, in the chapel - one to Islona's god, Erastil - we find... nothing, really. Lilu finds a blind elf praying in a circle in a backroom, while Islona checks another, finding a drunk couple in bed (i.e. nothing, really). She goes to check out the priest instead, who's come out of his trance.

This guy seems dirty to all of us, but none of us can figure out why. (Lilu goes to sleep around this time.) Eventually he tells us the things that attack at night are restless spirits or some kind of dark magic... and kill on touch.

Islona and Redhand have an "oh shit, Byzat" moment, and he fucks off to make sure he doesn't jump off the wall to make the zombiegoasts leave this place. Meanwhile, Islona stays behind to see if she can squeeze any more information out of the elf.

Redhand arrives just in time to see one that had gotten to the wall and climbed up explode, Byzat swinging at it with his fiery sword as it lunged at Isidien. He cuts at it's arms, and they explode into some kind of dust... which settles on Byzat's heart and sink in.

Redhand, as usual, freaks out, screaming "he's dead, he's dead"... but instead of dying, Byzat just gets angry (also as usual), jumping down the side while the ghosts turn around and charging them with his sword. Strangely, they turn around as he does... but we, up on the wall, sort of freak out again that he's running off into the distance with some deadlyass ghosts.

Isidien tries to shoot him in the leg to stop him (he gets mad at her a little bit, but that's it)... unable to think of anything else, Red digs a rope out of his backpack and gives it to Isidien, to prep to get Byzat back over the wall.

But when he hits the ground, the ghosts all turn around and start straight at him... and he kind of shits himself (not literally), opting to use his Sanctuary potion. One ghost walks through Byzat... but he still doesn't die, instead dispersing permanently as if slashed. He starts talking to a "laughing man", who is definitely not one of the masks that those greycloaks were.

After downing the potion, they all turn around and walk back out to where ever they came from... and Byzat chills and walks back. He looks about to charge Red at about ten feet... but instead just clambers over him and back up. And thus Redhand was, once again, a giant and completely useless chicken.

A fallen angel showed up at this point. Red tries to get it to shoot some ghosts, figuring it probably has some kind of anti-ghost powers or something... but it doesn't. We pack it up and head off towards the chapel.

Back at the chapel, during that whole debacle, Islona snuck dat shit and was listening to the priest as he prayed, having made like they'd left... the prayer seemed wrong, insincere, and she decided that the creepy bastard should die. She drew her bow...

And nat 1'd, failing to hit the guy. He counters with something that dazed her. Meanwhile Azieru and Kristie showed up outside, disguised as priests, talking to NPCLilu... and... that's about it.

That covers everything, right?

Last edited:

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Errr, not exactly disguised as priests. Noblewomen actually. Just didn't get to the part about how we're wearing Victorian dresses...and look nothing like ourselves thanks to a bit of magic here and there.

Last edited:

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Shush, I don't exactly have disguise ranks do I? ;P

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I didn't set off any traps, I just told the other party member it was unlocked and let them open it, because even though I was decently sure Tass had trapped the chest, thanks to his particular wording, my character was too cocky to believe the enemies we were fighting would have thought to. So yes, it was still my fault even if I didn't set it off myself, but at least I was in character and not metagaming about it. Character learned a valuable lesson, and has been more careful since then. Not pointing a finger with that one, before anyone takes that as an insult. I think we're all at least decent or better in that regard.

Now, as for loot. I would like to call a longbow (definitely) and the dagger (maybe), and perhaps a red obsidian longsword for curiosity's sake (probably not), but for the most part I think we're better off selling everything we aren't using immediately and simply splitting the cash/gems that result. Chances are the amulet and ring are of no interest to me as well, but if it happens to be a periapt of health, or something that prevents ability damage/drain or other bodily effects, I would like to call it as well, being the probably squishiest person here. The chainmails and chain shirts interest me, but they'd have to be pretty spectacular to give up the one I've got, so chances are I won't want them either. Apart from that, I don't think there's anything I need, so yeah, call it or sell it, don't much care. I'm also decently sure I'd be the best choice to do the actual bartering/selling, depending on how useful a charm would be compared to my skill ranks.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, considering IC Byzat claimed the ornate greatsword and 2 of the Obsidian longswords, yeah. Plus he's got both rings stuck on his fingers ATM.

Also, once we identify the greatswords, I'd like to say I want one that has a better effect than Byzat's current one, thank you.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'll paste the identified loot list into this post once I get home. Also, you're still free to search through the piles again if you get thee chance. You may or may not have found everything of value.

Also, if people could tell me what they're holding, that would be nice.
I know Isidien has all of the bows, and I think she has the two red longswords. Byzat has the black greatsword and the chainmail, as well as two obsidian longswords. Anything else?

Edit: Loot!
+3 adamantine chain shirt
+3 mithral chain shirt
+3 adamantine chainmail
+3 adamantine breastplate
+3 Breastplate
+2 Thundering Adamantine greatsword (currently held by Byzat)
7x +2 Composite (+3 str) Darkwood bows
+3 keen katana
2x +2 flaming obsidian longswords
3x +3 obsidian longswords
Scarab of Protection against poison (amulet) : +6 bonus to fortitude saves against poison
Ring of Dexterity: +2 Dex
Cursed Ring on Byzats finger: Take 1 negative energy damage whenever the wearer attacks.
2x +2 obsidian halberds
+2 Icy Obsidian Greataxe
+2 Vampiric Celestialsbane Greatsword
2x +3 obsidian shortswords

Legendary weapons:
Blackblade of Keros (+4 unholy adamantine shortsword)
Lifestealer (+4 Vampiric Mithral Dagger)

What Obsidian does:
+1 to the crit range of any weapon mage from it.
When not enchanted, obsidian has the same properties as glass, but when enchanted, it has the durability of stone. That's 8 hardness and 15 hp per inch of thickness.

What vampiric does, as I don't think that it's in Pathfinder: whenever you hit, the target takes an additional 2 damage, and you regain 2 hit points. This is a negative energy affect that doesn't activate when striking undead or constructs.

All of the other materials are on the SRD under Special Materials.

Let me know if I forgot anything.

Edit 2: Also, for personal reasons, I'm saying that Keats identified both of the legendary weapons.

Last edited:

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shortswords would've been nice for me, but I don't think anyone grabbed them.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, to Keylo, Loli defense Force, thetaken and Copper: Is there any way you could have a brief session before this weekend at some point? Preferably during the day. I don't want to keep all of the other people waiting while you're fighting this character. And if he wins, I don't want anyone else knowing about it. When you read this, PM me times you might be available.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Well that's it, I'll just have to stick around in the bacon room all week, so I can sneak over to the chapel when people show up and leave again in a hurry XD

I love splitting the party, it's soooo suspenseful :D

EDIT: not sure how i missed the updated loot, but i know for sure all the weapons and armour would have been grabbed and stuffed in the pack, so we definitely have all of them, probably on Isi's person, if nobody else claims to have grabbed them. i know for sure the bows and halberds are in her quiver, as it can specifically store that kind of weapon. Think byzat has one of those though, so all but one, I guess. I'll pass anything over if someone asks, so no worries there.

hmm, could use the mithral chain shirt if nobody else wants it, though i won't use it till i get to the city to add some other stuff onto it. Same with the dagger, i could use a bit of self-healing, but it would be my backup weapon, so not used as often, i think. Both the ring and the amulet interest me, but the amulet not so much, and i can think of like four people off the top of my head that would like that other ring, so I'll step back and let other people claim those, i think. Pretty sure that was all of it, so yeah, continue as if you were normal ;)

Last edited:

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'll take the legendary shortsword :x!
(And also possibly the +3 mithral, don't need the ring since I already have 2), or alternatively will take one of the +3 shortswords :x
Also, Tass, I'll PM you my sched later.

Last edited:

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

As long as it's in the evening for the most part, I can fit that short session in. Probably.