OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Pathos Facility

"I'm still working on that. To be honest, I'm surprised myself. I suspected that there was the possibility of there being those with potential, but I sure as hell wasn't expecting have this happen. Mind you...It's still possible that she just got lucky, and her activity last night was just one of those random freak occurances that give me gray hairs." Koike shrugged again.

Just ask Koike had said, the program that Bell had been working on the night before was still up, no loss of data. That coupled with the oddity of the clocks might cause her to start wondering if something really unusual was up.

Last edited:

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'm still working on that. To be honest, I'm surprised myself. I suspected that there was the possibility of there being those with potential, but I sure as hell wasn't expecting have this happen. Mind you...It's still possible that she just got lucky, and her activity last night was just one of those random freak occurances that give me gray hairs." Koike shrugged again.
"Perhaps Mr. Steak and I can call you grandpa from now on.."

Gil grinned a bit at the idea, but sobered pretty quickly.

"If she DOES have the potential, do you think she'll even want to join us?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Koike did not bother to give the first part of Gil's response a verbal answer. He did, however, offer up what was a pretty well known hand gesture among humans. He stopped and thought for a moment on the second part. "Hard to tell. That's part of why I want to observe her for a few days. We need to try to get a read on her personality, as well."

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Koike did not bother to give the first part of Gil's response a verbal answer. He did, however, offer up what was a pretty well known hand gesture among humans. He stopped and thought for a moment on the second part. "Hard to tell. That's part of why I want to observe her for a few days. We need to try to get a read on her personality, as well."
Gil felt like returning the gesture for a moment, but thought better of it.

"I feel kinda bad, just observing her like she's some goddamn thing."

Even as he said this, Gil was more than ready to study and observe. Whatever is necessary to get more members.

Last edited:
OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, given something that happened with a previous observation back on Earth, there's been some privacy coding added into the system. The A/V will cut out should certain triggers be tripped. All of the other scans will be kept up. Just think of it as keeping an eye on a patient, if it does become a problem."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack simply nodded, obviously agreeing with the patrol duty for himself, most likely figuring he was best suited for it any way. Finally he spoke.

"Well, as far as observations and getting her to open up, it seems as if she's taken an instant liking here to me, perhaps I can get to know her some and go from there during the day hours. Either way, it's best that we make as many allies as we can, and avoid making enemies."

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Jack simply nodded, obviously agreeing with the patrol duty for himself, most likely figuring he was best suited for it any way. Finally he spoke.

"Well, as far as observations and getting her to open up, it seems as if she's taken an instant liking here to me, perhaps I can get to know her some and go from there during the day hours. Either way, it's best that we make as many allies as we can, and avoid making enemies."
"Well, if you really think she's all hot and bothered over you, you try talking to her. I dunno why she would be attracted to you, when she can have some of this."

Gil pointed to himself, and then flexed his practically non-existent muscles.

"Oh yeah. Look at that. Beautiful, if I do say so myself."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Koike shook his head, then replied. "Let's not make any enemies, if it can be avoided. Part of what we're supposed to do here, besides help deal with AAD, is to work on trying to patching relations with the Drow. Those blasted polies did a number, and we took too great a risk delivering that information that helped prevent the conflict to screw things up now. Tread lightly. And let's try to keep this part of things to ourselves. I would be highly surprised if they don't have some means of keeping tabs on us."

Last edited:

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Koike shook his head, then replied. "Let's not make any enemies, if it can be avoided. Part of what we're supposed to do here, besides help deal with AAD, is to work on trying to patch relations with the Drow. Those blasted polies did a number, and we took too great a risk delivering that information that helped prevent the conflict to screw things up now. Tread lightly. And let's try to keep this part of things to ourselves. I would be highly surprised if they don't have some means of keeping tabs on us."
"What, you mean like satellite cameras and people following us around and stuff?"

Gil looked nervously at the door, but calmed down.

"You know, I wonder if there's a way to figure out if they really are keeping tabs on us.."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I would guess that they've either placed listening devices or small cameras around the facility, or that they're going to try to plant a live agent in to keep an eye on us. Or both. As for this room, I've already sweeped it. Nothing that I did put in the designs."

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

"I would guess that they've either placed listening devices or small cameras around the facility, or that they're going to try to plant a live agent in to keep an eye on us. Or both. As for this room, I've already sweeped it. Nothing that I did put in the designs."
"I wonder if there's a way to sweep through the whole building and figure out just where each camera is?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It's possible...Or..." Koike started to reply, then trailed off. He then glanced over at Jack before continuing. "Might be time to start using 'Mac's Playbook'."

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

"It's possible...Or..." Koike started to reply, then trailed off. He then glanced over at Jack before continuing. "Might be time to start using 'Mac's Playbook'."
"I'm not a big fan of apple computers..."

Gil looked over at Jack and Koike, back and forth, hoping to get a hint.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack grins wickedly at Koike, then laughs at Gil's comment. "Not a computer Gil. Do you remember that little stunt a while back with the soda can explosives? That was me, and that was something from "Mac's Playbook." IN other words, it's time to start getting creative. Got anything particular in mind Koike?"

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Jack grins wickedly at Koike, then laughs at Gil's comment. "Not a computer Gil. Do you remember that little stunt a while back with the soda can explosives? That was me, and that was something from "Mac's Playbook." IN other words, it's time to start getting creative. Got anything particular in mind Koike?"
"Man, those explosives kicked some fucking ASS. If there's something in that playbook of yours that can clear this building of any type of surveillance on us, go ahead and do it."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Elsewhere, Bell had reached her workstation to find it on and all her work intact, right up to the keystroke before the power went out. "Huh, that's really... Weird. Oh well, better than typing it all out again." She says, then sits back down, puts on her glasses, and starts working on it once more.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'd lean towards some type of scanning device. If possible, I'd say set it to look for both known emissions, and anomalous ones as well. Once we know where they are, well..." Koike finished by pulling out a pack of gum.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A grin and he added, "I'll see what I can come up with when we're done here."

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'd lean towards some type of scanning device. If possible, I'd say set it to look for both known emissions, and anomalous ones as well. Once we know where they are, well..." Koike finished by pulling out a pack of gum.
"And here I thought a jug of water and some salt was good enough.."

Gil smiled at the reference, and looked at Jack.

"Any sort of scanning device in that handbook of yours?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'll leave things to up to you. I need to go down and speak with our tech. If I can get a better read on her personality, I might be able to figure out if she does have the potential, and if so, how best to trigger it." That said, Koike stood and walked over to the door, then headed downstairs.

Once on the first floor, he looked for Bell. Unsurprisingly, the first place he looked was out at the computer that the program had been up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.