What's new

Pathos Facility - REALLY Old Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Pathos Facility

Gil made himself situated in the gaming equipment on the first floor lounge.

"Fuck man...why can't I beat this shit!? Argh!!!"

Gil was tempted to eject the disc and throw it across the room, but he calmed down and decided to try again, just one more time.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Not really, just making conversation." She replies. "I wish I'd have known you were looking around the place, Koike came to me while I was working and I ended up taking him for a tour of the town, I would have brought you along." She glances back at her manual, then takes her glasses off and uses then to hold her page, deciding not to read now that she had somebody to talk to.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ah, well there's always tomorrow then for us to go around. I'm sure I didn't see everything yet. What's the manual you have there?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Koike walked into the rec lounge, and pulled a pool cue from the wall before setting up one of the tables. "Still having trouble with that one, aren't you?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Oh this? It's a computer manual, I'm trying to figure out what happenned last night with the power failure." She explans. "Now I've only been working with Human computers for about a half year, but my understanding is when there's a power loss, everything since your last save is gone, right? Poof? Yet apparently when the power came back on, everything I had done, right down to the last keystroke, was still there. It had been almost three hours since I last saved though. I just don't get it." She looks mildly frustrated, but her smile returns quickly. "A tour tomorrow sounds like fun, weren't we all going to go out and celebrate the start of the weekend anyway?"

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Koike walked into the rec lounge, and pulled a pool cue from the wall before setting up one of the tables. "Still having trouble with that one, aren't you?"
"I swear to god, if I ever meet who made this piece of shit.."

Gil flashed a grin to himself at the idea, but then turned the game system off.

"You want to play a quick game of pool?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Koike spun his cue stick around one-handed, then poked towards Gil like it was a spear. "Arm yourself."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack thinks then says, "normally yes it's gone. I've seen a few computers though that auto save and restore once power comes back on, so perhaps you got lucky and had one of those?"

He chuckles and adds, "and when it comes to if I've tinkered with the thing, you can pretty well toss that manual out the window, cuz it won't do much good for you if I've had ten minutes with the system."

He thinks again for a sec then adds, "alright, what time should I meet you here tomorrow, and yeah, weekend party sounds like it could be relaxing."

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Koike spun his cue stick around one-handed, then poked towards Gil like it was a spear. "Arm yourself."
"Is this pool, or a fight? I'm up for either."

Grinning, Gil took a cue stick, holding it two handed.

"Let's get this shit on."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Koike reached into his pocket, and pulled out a coin, which was promptly flicked into the air. "Call it, for the break."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell shrugs before answering. "Sometime after supper I guess, gotta find the other two and make sure they're coming too. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Gil all day either, what does he do around here? As for my computer problem, I guess that could be it. You work with computers as well? Have you ever tried a Drow system?" She asks, obviously interested.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Knowing Gil he's probably been amusing himself with games today to unwind and get settled. He's something of a gamester and jokester at times. I'm sure I can probably find him, if you've got some kind of recreational lounge or gaming center he'll probably at least have been there already."

He stops a moment then says, "no I've not had the chance to really work with a Drow system before, though from what I have heard it sounds like I would get along with one just fine."

There is a chuckle and he adds, "hasn't been a computer system made yet that I haven't been able to figure out or make better in some way, and I'd relish a challenge."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell laughs at his last comment. "Well I'm afraid you'll be sorely disappointed, doing almost anything on a drow computer is as easy as thinking it. For the most part anyway, unless you're trying to break into something you shouldn't, or making something new, that requires some creativity."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He just grins at her for a moment and then adds, "creativity is my middle name. Anyway, what was it you were working on that was good to not lose? Anything I can help with perhaps?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"possibly, I'm writing a program to more efficiently network between Drow and Human computers. I know we already have the binary transfer down, but that's like four extra steps, big waste of time."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack thinks for a few moments then says, "well, I'd have to have a look at how the Drow systems work, but maybe I can help in some way if you'd like?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"It's possible, have you never been in the computer matrix before? this should be fun." She says with a giggle. "There's a few TI units in this place, one of these days I'll show you around there as well."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He smiles then adds, "that sounds like a plan to me. So then, tell me a little bit more about yourself and what your world is like?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Koike caught the coin on the tip of his pool cue, and looked at it. "Tails it is."

He then proceeded to bounce the coin back up into the air, before he grabbed it out of the air and put it back in his pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.