Reputation score
Re: Paths of Adventure: Advanced

Votes are in:
1-0
2-V
3-III
4-0

Sarah: ...If I get fucked over for this it's your hides *growls*

Also, what the hey. Let's play with colors now.

-----

Sarah sighed a bit, before quickly going through her weapon stock. She didn't have much she could think of to deal with ghostly creatures but then again if she was lucky she wouldn't need to. Sighing as she plucked up the courage, she turned her heels and returned to the science building she had just left.

Slowly slipping through the baracades again, Sarah made her way quietly back to the labratory. Luckily the power is still on, she thought- only for the generator to sputter and clang to a halt, the lights failing almost immediately.

"Bugger," Sarah muttered, causiously moving into the darkened lab until she reached the generator, giving it a once-over. She then elected a small curse. The thing not only still had gas, but had seemingly seized up for no reason. And she'd not really had the time to deal with this development.

All of a sudden, five ghostly hands burst from the generator, causing Sarah to give a scream and fall backwards as the spectral creature from earlier rose from the electrical apliance. Boo, it stated simply, glaring at Sarah.

-----

Hands up who didn't expect this to happen? I mean, it's like never taking a shower in a horror movie people, don't tempt fate!

1. Retreat elsewhere to the building. There could be a backup generator someone sat up...
2. Retreat in general. OMGWTFBBQGHOST!!!
3. Attempt to reason with the spectral being
4. Er, I, uh..... (other)

Status: Wounded, Scared Shitless, Clothing Compromised (Upper) HP: 36
Inventory: Diary, NecroTech Binder, Pistol (11 Ammo), Pistol (11 Ammo), Magnum (7 Ammo), Switchblade, First Aid Kit x1, Pistol Clips x5, High-Caliber Ammo x4, DNA Extractor, Revive Syringe x5, Horror Serum x2, Sakura Serum x2
Skills: Basic Firearms Training, Pistol Training, Hand To Hand Combat, Free Running, NecroTech Employment, Lab Experience, NecroNet Access, First Aid, Construction, Tagging, Headshot
Scans: Zombie, Horror, Harpy, Sakura Horror

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

3. Ask for advice and other stuff.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Challenge her to a rap battle.

Uh I mean A I guess.

No wait, that's just as terrible an idea as going back in. Diplomance like your life and possibly unlife depended on it!

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ghost whisperer.

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Unanomous 3- Try to talk our way outta this... or at least a way that's not gonna get us horriby mangled...

I'm antisocial and you want me to do WHAT?!?
Sssh! They don't need to know that!!!

----

"L-look, maybe we can talk this over...?" Sarah asked as she slid back from the ghostly monster, who slowly began to float after her.

Talk? Hardly. I can smell the blood of our brother on you. You're just another one of those scientists that mangled up, so why should I show you any mercy... The spectire replied, still looking angrily at Sarah as it stalked forward.

"H-hey! He started it! He's the one that tried pounding me into the ground! And I don't give a crap about these zombies either!! I-I..." Sarah stammered, feeling her back hit into one of the machines nearby.

Stop making excuses! The creature hissed. You're lying! Just like all the others that come here. They promised me release from this erthral plain, but they only wanted to harness my power. They only wanted to continue this acursed plauge...

"O-others?" Sarah asked, sweating slightly as the creature was almost eye-to-eye with her. "W-what sort of others???"

Death-lovers. Evil men decent into madness. I sence you too has suffered thier touch. But I must know for sure....

Sarah gave a scream as she felt herself lifted, seemingly by nothing as her limbs flailed in surprise- only to find herself flung into the wall, giving a small yelp as she crashed down. "O-ow..." (-5 HP)

I am sorry... but I must kill you to see the truth! the creature said, floating into the room as several pieces of lab equipment also floated upwards...

As if to also add to the pains of the situation the doors of the room slammed shut as Sarah slid back to her feet. She could almost hear the underused locks click.

"...Aw fuckberries."

-----

Well on the bright side I guess ya can't fix crazy with sanity. Seems she's another 'fluke' like me but instead of taking my word for it she has to pound me into paste?!? Mood swings much???

1. Fight back. I'm not quite sure how but fight back!!!
2. Escape elsewhere to the building. Might mean forcing a door or two open but shouldn't be too hard... right?
3. Plead for a revatively painless trip to undeath. Not like I've not done this trip before...
4. Take the lickings however they come. This creature needs a stress relief it seems and a *gulp* punching bag may help
5. Other possibility?

Status: Wounded, Slight Pain, Clothing Compromised (Upper) HP: 31
Inventory: Diary, NecroTech Binder, Pistol (11 Ammo), Pistol (11 Ammo), Magnum (7 Ammo), Switchblade, First Aid Kit x1, Pistol Clips x5, High-Caliber Ammo x4, DNA Extractor, Revive Syringe x5, Horror Serum x2, Sakura Serum x2
Skills: Basic Firearms Training, Pistol Training, Hand To Hand Combat, Free Running, NecroTech Employment, Lab Experience, NecroNet Access, First Aid, Construction, Tagging, Headshot

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

5, Ask how to free her from the ethereal plane. Try to bargain with her, offering that we have a shitton of research here in the building that we don't want to lose, so we have to come back. ...If that doesn't work, then 4.

We're brain-zombie, so I guess dying won't suck too much, but goddamn I don't trust the ghoast to not fuck our soul up after that.

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Bump for need of input. IINNNNNNPUUUUUUUT.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

>Take her home
>Go to a hospital
>Put it in<

I'll have to go with garg on this :V

slpowerhouse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

5, Ask how to free her from the ethereal plane. Try to bargain with her, offering that we have a shitton of research here in the building that we don't want to lose, so we have to come back.
This makes sense so I'm going to vote this way as well.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

5, Ask how to free her from the ethereal plane. Try to bargain with her, offering that we have a shitton of research here in the building that we don't want to lose, so we have to come back. ...If that doesn't work, then 4.
Swapping to this.

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Action: Try to figure out what's going on, and if we can help with a LITTLE less brain pasting. If all else fails...

...Don't remind me. Every time I do a building dive I get the little voice objecting. Ignoring it most the time is kinda de-sensativing me in situations like this...

-----

"I-I'm telling ya, this isn't the best way to- AAH!" Sarah squeaked as she dived down as one of the desks slammed above her into the wall. "DAMMIT LISTEN TO ME!"

Stop making excuses! I MUST KNOW!!! The ghost hissed, smaller debris following the thrown desk in a attempt to get Sarah with the richochet from the wall.

"But I want to help, I just don't see why I have to get mauled for it!!!"

I don't even know what is wrong with me!!! How can a foolish mortal help me!

Sarah growled a bit as she cowered behind the desk some more, quickly shifting through her gear, but not finding anything remotely useful for fighting a pissed-off ghost throwing items telekineticly at her. Finally, she sighed.

"Allright, just please get it OVER with... and please be-"

Before she could finish, Sarah felt the icy grip of claws, one resting on her head, two to her shoulders.

"...Gentle?"

CRACK!!!

-----

First came the sensation of feeling really, really stiff. Like if one had been asleep for several months. Second, came the sensation of feeling slightly sick to the stomach, if only for her stomach juices starting to re-churn from being still. Sarah always hated the sick sensation the worst, and always wondered if other zombies ever felt such a sensation.

Slowly sliding open her eye- at least, she was sure both her eyelids moved, not that her right eye would be there to see the result- she found herself laying on the floor, near where she had been standing when the ghost had did what it did to her. It almost felt like a static shock, though she could of swore her neck may have snapped. Either way it wasn't quite as important now, she thought, stretching her rigor-mortis-stiffened limbs and quickly running a few claws over herself- if anything, to see for her own self if her body was once again marred as it usually was.

Finding herself once again stuck in the mirror-image of her first wounded state, Sarah gave a small sigh, glancing around- only to jump and give a slight squeal as she found the ghost right behind her.

<Y-you were waiting all that time, weren't ya...> Sarah added, blinking a bit as she recovered from the scare, her language slurring naturally into a slight growling dialect of Zomban- the natural zombie dialect.

Not like I got anywhere else to go. Ok, I'm sorry I got rough on ya... but yes indeed, you were touched by those bad men... even still, I'm not quite sure how you can help me...

-----

Ok boys and girls, time for a quick recap on the necromatic side of things!

Firstly: For the most part, zombified monsters will show less attenton with me being one of thier own now. Aditionally, I can talk with them now thanks to being able to speak Zomban with the proper 'accent' as well as English. I dunno if the effect is any more effective against those Mutant beasties, but most humans aren't gonna be too happy speaking to a zombie. In fact, they're quite trigger happy about it ^^;
Secondly: Serum effects work seperately then when they showed up in the first aspect- there's no adverse effect and they'll be plenty of a lot more potent. Though I'm not quite sure yet considering I've yet to encounter much more besides the Sakura's sample.
Thirdly: Considering the fact I no longer need a air supply to keep functionable, among other varients, some of these rumored 'mutants' may enjoy a plaything that doesn't break apart easy. It may be a bit 'taboo' in the normal world, but perhaps tempting creatures with such a body can be more effective then wasting ammo.

-----

Big shocker, I'm dead. Haveta admit I lasted longer then I've expected at least. Still, the ghost seems to be a bit more talkative, so maybe she can give me some awnsers...

1. Ask her about...
-a. the 'bad men'
-b. how she got like this
-c. her relationship with other monsters.
-d. recent going ons
-e. Request time! (other)
2. Promise to try and experiment on her, asking about her weaknesses and perhaps a way to (temporarily) make her corperal
3. Decide this Sci-Fi thriller is getting too hokey and go explore elsewhere in the building
4. Brainz.... wait, I mean, Other?

-----

Skills: Free Running, NecroTech Employment, Lab Experience, NecroNet Access, First Aid, Tagging, Scent Fear, Scent Trail, Scent Death, Digestion, Vigour Mortis, Neck Lurch, Death Grip, Rend Flesh, Tangling Grasp, Feeding Drag, Memories of Life, Death Rattle, Feeding Groan, Bellow, Ransack, Flailing Gesture, Lurching Gait, Ankle Grab, Advanced Mutation (Enacting all of Sarah's old traits related to use of advanced tools (such as firearms), Serum Compatability (Use of Horror Genus Serums), What Makes a Human (Use of Humanspeak)

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Ow.

I'm gonna go with 1 - run through all the topics. Information is always helpful.

slpowerhouse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Go with 1 all the different topics then go with 2 (any information about her could help us in curing her)

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

1. Run through all the topics.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I would appreciate not having to blow through CYOA-turns clicking through every question like I do with every RPG convo ever.

Uhh, in the case that something happens before we can question her fully, I'll prioritize the questions at "a" first, and then going through d, c (uh, try not to call her a monster), and then b.

Then review which serum was which.

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Decision: Talk to the creature about various subjects....

-----

<So, can ya tell me what you're doing here? Or even why you're here? Last I knew this building was full of people...> Sarah asked.

W-well... all I can really remember is me and my sister's signing up to some sorta medical test, and then after that... I woke up in the basement here... there was so much shouting and screaming when I first got up I was confused.... I lashed out, I think I broke something.... and then it was quiet. Except for the odd beast that wanders in, but I just chased them off. And then, you came in... I smelled the smell of one of my sisters on you, and I guess I lost my head...

<So you's related to that, er... snake/tentacle/human hybrid?> Sarah asked.

What you mean?!? the ghostly creature asked, and Sarah suddenly felt like a ice pick embedding into her head, causing her to wince in pain. Shortly afterwards, the pain would subside and the ghost's face would seem more ashen. O-oh my.... so I wasn't the only one changed then...

<Ya coulda just asked ya know!!!> Sarah hissed, massaging her temple and quite easily guessing the beast had read her short-term memory. <Still, by mentioning 'Sisters' do ya mean there's another one of you?>

Y-yes... she replied. Another sister and our brother, though our brother didn't join us in the study.

That you know of, Sarah thought, remembering the first 'Horror' genus she ran into. Deciding not to go into too much detail, however, she spoke up again. <What about these 'bad men' you mentioned earlier? Do ya know anything about them?>

The creature shook it's head. N-no. They were wrecking the equipment here, saying they didn't want the 'live lovers' using it. I couldn't tell if they were just being vandalistic or deranged... Probably both.

<Sounds like a death cult all right,> Sarah replied, her face souring. <Hmm... hey, I noticed ya kinda try to shy away from that bare wire earlier... how come?>

Well.... she replied, looking a bit embarrased, I kinda loose my ghostly effects if I hit into exposed electricity... Going through the wires and stuff seems safe but break the wire open and it kinda hurts. And not having legs for a few hours does make it a bit more complicated to move....

<I see...> Sarah thought. <Hey, I got a idea....>

-----

Bargaining time. She's a most peculiar specimen, and a friend in the area is definately a plus, especially if she's willing to keep the Tompson Building revatively clear of trouble for us. However, there's no guarentee she'll not want something in return if we ask, so I gues it's up to her frorm there.

1. Offer to
a1. Have her guard the building
a2. Have her let us experiment on her
a3. Have her allow more use of our body one way or another
-for-
b1. Trying to find a cure for her
b2. Attempting to locate her remaining sister
b3. Whatever she may have in her headd
2. Other?

Skills: Free Running, NecroTech Employment, Lab Experience, NecroNet Access, First Aid, Tagging, Scent Fear, Scent Trail, Scent Death, Digestion, Vigour Mortis, Neck Lurch, Death Grip, Rend Flesh, Tangling Grasp, Feeding Drag, Memories of Life, Death Rattle, Feeding Groan, Bellow, Ransack, Flailing Gesture, Lurching Gait, Ankle Grab, Advanced Mutation (Enacting all of Sarah's old traits related to use of advanced tools (such as firearms), Serum Compatability (Use of Horror Genus Serums), What Makes a Human (Use of Humanspeak)
Zombie Side- Nutral :confused:
Human- Threatening :(

Quick check-in with goal status:
1. Locate the source of the new breed of mutations
-Ghost girl mentioned she may have broke something when she woke up. It's a bit of a far-reach but perhaps something iin the basement will show me what's the source
2. Find the Death-Cult responsible for that first painful deathtrip.
-No good solid leads. They've left spray tags in the free run routes and tried to vandalize the only local NecroTech for at least two suburbs, but I still got no solid leads on who or what is behind the cult
3. Gain more info on the Horror Genus
-Face to face encounters of at least 2 Horror-genus projects
-the Sakura, who whilest playful is gigantic, serpentine, and has more then enough tentacle apendages for half the remaining female survivors. Sampled and Serum'd. Yet to field-test in zombie form
-Unnamed, yet to scan. A spectral being which besides mood swings in the company of the living is rather stable and morose. Weak to bare electricity and could be a useful friend.
-Unknown. The third of these sisters, though the species of the creature is thus far unknown.
4. Attempt to find a way to 'cure' the mutation varients
-Having only ran into one of these varients I am unsure if I have enough samples of the Mutagen to create a fullproof cure.