What's new

Patreon games dying off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Patreon games dying off?

i cant help but laugh at all this backnforth bickerin. wanna talk about mudslingin, look at akabur games thread, theres over 100 pages of mudslingin against him and i dont think hes even batted an eye at it. why? because he hasnt lost 1$ on patreon far as i can tell, infact i think hes gained more. so, if somebody likes yer creation and they wanna donate to you, they wont care what joe blow says cause to them its all gonna be lies anyway or just opinionated bullshit. just believe in yerself and keep makin yer fans happy and there wont be nuthin to worry about.
I agree with all this; for me, it's just much more about
1) fairness (if Freeko gets to mudsling, then everyone else should get to; otherwise, if the admins/mods don't want people mudslinging, then it should apply to EVERYONE.)
2) rationality (the logic is that he's just being an asshole but still contributing to the discussion, but he really isn't; he's just using the exact same argument/complaints in every thread that is heavily skewed to the point of starting flame wars/mudslinging)

But as with every other Patreon topic, Freeko gets to talk trash about whomever he wants, however he wants, and is completely free to do so (and seems to be the only one with this immunity privilege, for some reason), so yeah, I guess you are right that defending yourself is pointless.

That said, I'm still gonna defend myself/the people i work with/projects I work on anyways when mud is thrown at them.

I mean, I'm happy to discuss stuff with a civil attitude, by far, don't get me wrong, but until the admins fix things and treat this situation with equality/rationality, I feel it's only fair to counter horribly inaccurate statements.

Heck, I'd get back on topic, but I'm not really sure what to say about the topic; the initial post was assuming that Patreon was going down because people were getting less pledges, but that got cleared up like two posts in, so... maybe it'd be more productive to make a different topic, lock/wipe this one, make it the "Patreon Discussion Topic", pin it, and don't permit any other threads about Patreon discussion to be made? I think that'd be by far the smartest thing to do.

Last edited:

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Maybe, maybe not. We'd have to ask each of them. But then the question is, is Patreon the only way to support their development, or is it simply the current best way due to people being willing to pledge?
It's just currently the best way. Sure there are other options, but they are less appealing, and flat out wouldn't work for many of us.

There's no way I could use Offbeatr for example, I focus heavily on what they would deem "bestiality", which as I said before they don't allow. (Patreon does, they have specifically said so)

Actually I really like when they release a public version on a later schedule. I was more referring to the ones that restrict all versions and even in some cases update info to patrons only.
There aren't many like that though, are there? I can only think of one (fairly popular one at that) that has even the demo behind a paywall.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

To be honest, I'm not really sure what to make of this. Like, all of this is such a non-issue. Freeko has already been warned not to make any more disparaging comments about Patreons and Patreon users, but he's allowed to share his opinion on the subject. If he shitposts again, which he hasn't since the warning (save for that comment about Future Fragments), then he will be banned.

The only thing that derailed this topic was when you, Hentaiwriter, called him out specifically. All the other posts that responded to Freeko was to counter his arguments or to say that he didn't speak for others. You are absolutely free to defend yourself, which I never once pointed out was the issue. What I said was to stop mud-slinging, which you're guilty of as well. And to be honest, it wasn't even that big of a deal. Freeko has flaws in his argument and you're absolutely free to point them out. I never

Freeko has a tendency to shittalk about Patreon. The entire board knows that by now. If you don't agree with him, then feel free to ignore him or discuss why. If he starts making facts up, feel free to defend yourself. If he starts ATTACKING you, then report it and we'll deal with it. I don't really know what's there to get up in arms about anyway. If he's just repeating himself and making faulty arguments, then I'm sure anybody who's been listening in will recognize that too. There's really no need to get so infuriated by it.

Really, I'd love to just outright ban any discussion of Patreon as a model because all it ever does it invite problems, but given the nature of today's market, that's impossible to implement. So all I can ask of you all is to stop going for each other's jugular and discuss this without resorting to badmouthing.

And knowing that both parties are gonna want to respond to this post with their own walls of texts and derail the topic even further, this thread is locked. If you wish to discuss Patreon as a model, make a new thread about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.