• Draw

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score
VS

i was stumbling around the interwebs and i found a poll on some forum somewhere that was pryamid head vs nemesis. what people were saying there was so ridiculously stupid that i almost turned inside out. to save myself i'm reconducting the experiment here so i can know what people who aren't retarded think.

Last edited:

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Pyramid Head vs Nemesis

Nemesis, hands down. I mean, he's a freakin tentacle monster for gods sake.

OP
Nunu

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i kind of wanted this to be a serious discussion burrito, i agree that nemesis would win but thats because he's stronger, faster and probably tougher than pyramid head, not to mention his ability to regenerate from more or less anything. pyramid head has a giant knife and a metal helmet, i doubt that would save you from nemesis though.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

An incredibly powerful rapist with a large sword vs. a genetically enhanced human with tentacle rape abilities.

All signs point to Nemesis.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Its a tough call really. I mean Pyramid head comes from another "world" so to speak. But he was still brought down by firearms in the game.

Thus, I am led to believe that Nemisis who wields a rocket launcher in the game would win. He is also much faster as Nunu said, whereas Mr. Head was very slow in the game.

Overall, we are going from a bioweapon vs. a creep factor.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Pyramid Head. A classic enemy. I've never even played a single Silent Hill game... and I know of Pyramid Head. I had never even heard of this Nemesis person until now. I saw this and thought "...The Star Trek movie...?"
And plus, it's god damn Pyramid Head.

Lurker
Reputation score

Upon last check Nemesis was invincible, indefatigable, ridiculously strong, exceptionally fast, and had tentacles, I think. I don't know much about Silent Hill, but isn't it supposed to be a literal embodiment of hell? And if Pyramid Head is one of the big fish in hell, that would rather make him a force to be reckoned with. Answer: Wikipedia!

Pyramid Head: ...Pyramid Head is usually armed either with the Great Knife or a lightweight Spear. However, he can also attack with a strangle grip, during which a black tongue-like protrusion "stabs." Also he can perform a headbutt which can cause an instant death. A similar attack is used by other creatures in the game. He can also use an extremely slow overhead chop with the Great Knife, which can also cause instant death (unless on easy mode)... His actions display shocking brutality - such as two scenes in which he assaults and violently rapes and kills two Mannequins and a Lying Figure over the course of the game.
In all of his appearances Pyramid Head punishes his victims in extremely painful and violent manners both physically and mentally.

So it turns out he's just violent. I'm giving it to Nemesis.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Call me strange... But when I see those tentacles, I imagine a whole assortment of perverted things happening to Jill.

Twisted

Reputation score

Upon last check Nemesis was invincible, indefatigable, ridiculously strong, exceptionally fast, and had tentacles, I think.
So he can do anything and never die.
Sounds like he should wear one of these buttons:

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*smacks RJ*

You don't know the guy like I do. He's got enough strength to probably send Pyramid-bozo over there flying through a wall. He'll run circles around the dude, and not to mention his regenerative abilities, which were mentioned earlier in the thread. All in all, looking at the stats, Nemesis is clearly the better of the two.

And that first comment in the thread was me running on low fuel >.>;

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, I saw this a bit too much on Gaia.

Basically, there was no introduction to how these two could even begin to clash, and without that, determining a winner would be impossible.

-For example, if PH was taken as any regular monster, taken out of the context of someone's head (guilts, repression, etc.) than he would be completely vulnerable, not to mention slow against something larger, stronger, and faster.

-If nemmy was inserted and viewed in this match as another monster along with PH in someone else's head, it becomes a bit dependent on that outside person, so I don't like using that scenario.

-If PH were a part of nemmy's head, key to beating him would lie in self-revelation, and although nems is smart for a BOW, I doubt he's too good at inflection (unless you wanna go by the movies, in which case, kill yourself)

In terms of hentai, ph is rape, nemmy is tentacles, the answer to me is obvious.

Oh, and I know a big thing on gaia is to add to any post that seems a little too "informative" the bolded "IMO" and saying the post was fixed. Obviously this entire post was my opinion, or else it wouldn't have come from me. Those people need to follow the same advice in example 3

Twisted

Reputation score

To be quite honest, from what I'm hearing, its basically Action Horror(Nemesis) going against Suspense Horror(Pyramid Head)
Action Horror being the kind thats fast paced and makes you jump the shit out of your chair, and Suspense Horror being the kind thats slow and makes you shiver with fear.
Plus, you all are calling the TENTACLES! thing on Nemesis. But has he ever used them for the actions you want him to? Pyramid Head we all know has committed sexual actions. Nemesis... I'm not so sure about.

OP
Nunu

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Pyramid Head. A classic enemy. I've never even played a single Silent Hill game... and I know of Pyramid Head. I had never even heard of this Nemesis person until now. I saw this and thought "...The Star Trek movie...?"
And plus, it's god damn Pyramid Head.
this is the type of reason i made this poll here. a run down of their abilities (toughness derived from the amount of 9mm bullets they can each take before dying/incapacitation) and traditional equipment (no rocket launcher on nemy and the knife for the head) places the clear winner as nemesis. everyone on that forum was like "WaH!!1! pyrimid head is so cool i want him to rape me! he wins!"

but toxic raises all those nifty extenuating circumstances that need to be raised.

also nemesis has a grapple attack where he then infects you by means of tentacles which results in instant game over if you don't escape. i never finished the game but i assume he goes all tentacle blob thing at the end.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

He also facerapes brad, albeit a little too hard.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it.

Awwww, who can stay mad at that face?

Twisted

Reputation score

this is the type of reason i made this poll here. a run down of their abilities (toughness derived from the amount of 9mm bullets they can each take before dying/incapacitation) and traditional equipment (no rocket launcher on nemy and the knife for the head) places the clear winner as nemesis. everyone on that forum was like "WaH!!1! pyrimid head is so cool i want him to rape me! he wins!"

but toxic raises all those nifty extenuating circumstances that need to be raised.

also nemesis has a grapple attack where he then infects you by means of tentacles which results in instant game over if you don't escape. i never finished the game but i assume he goes all tentacle blob thing at the end.
Well, of course Nemesis would win in a fight. From what I've been told here, he can do anything and never stay dead. Kill him, comes back. Kill him, comes back. Kill him, comes back. Kill him, comes back. Kill him, comes back. Kill him, comes back. Kill him, comes back.
Sounds a bit like

Well, minus the whole coming-back-from-the-dead-resistant-to-whatever-killed-him aspect.

OP
Nunu

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

He's not indestructible, just he can regenerate from more or less any realistic amount of small arms fire. high calibur sniper rifles could probably cut a large chunk out of him and that would take time to regrow, similar story's with explosives, i think he'd probably be done for if he got hit with a tank shell. on top of that he's faster than pyramid head (i doubt he'd be faster than a human but its possible) and he is defiantly more resistant to damage.

other than an infection tentacle i dont think he has anything in his arsenal other than good strength. most of his powers are about toughness.

and in the actual game thats more or less what happens with the kill him come back thing. you fight him like 8 times, each time you can try to run/hide or try to fight. if you fight you can eventually incapacitate him with bullets.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I have to opt for Nemesis in this one in a "throw them both in a room together and see who wins" type of fight. Add in the factors Toxic mentioned and I'm sure it would alter the fight slightly (ala Freddy Vs. Jason, perhaps?) But for a straighforward brawl, Nemi.

Also, the night FFXII came out, apparently (we hadn't heard it) Gamestop was having a character contest. Show up in costume and win a gift card. Some guy lumbered in as a truly awesome Pyramid Head, sword as tall as he was and all. I think the only thing he was lacking was the stilt shoes that made him taller. Alas, I had no camera and it was before I had my picture phone.

And as he was the only one in costume, he won *laughs*

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well he had to be disintegrated all at once with a giant rail cannon, Paracelsus' Sword. I don't know if you'd include one of his later stages, due to him growing in size from absorbing another tyrant, but he did come back as an acid spewing almost blob. In his first forms, he ran faster than your character in the game, but considering your character doesn't really 'run,' I guess Nunu would be right, although he does book it. Also, don't know about the weapons included. Ya'll are mentioning PH's great knife and spear, but Nemesis did carry around a rocket launcher, as well as other weapons or weapon parts he never used in game.

OP
Nunu

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i think it would be unfair if nemesis got his rocket launcher so were just glazing over that. similarly in the vein of fairness i would have to say winner is the first to incapacitate the other, so pyramid head at least has a chance.

And i dont think nemesis is ever exposed to cannons and such before he blobbifies so lets just go with the assumption that he needs to have a realistic amount of himself whole to regenerate, although given the t-virus a realistic amount is probably somewhere around 40% so its not easy.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Did noone get the extras from those games?

PH:

Pros) Supernaturally strong, extremely brutal.

Cons) Slow and can be subdued by rifle with out you even breaking a sweat!

Nemesis:

Pros) Infectious, dont need to finish them if they cant find the NP-Antibody! Colonized fortitude, dudes innards are basically all self replicating tentacles! And the tenacity to go through a particle accelerator if he so much as thinks your hiding in there!