What's new

RPG Fantia Active [raredrop100] Yume no swimmer

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Damn i forgot about this game,thought it was vaporware so when i saw a post from today i thought it was finally an update.turns out it was just a necro.....
Honestly,he might be adding more shit in the game,he have this peculiar condition of adding more things in the already big game,increasing more time spent.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
In a genuine "oh shit" moment, the dev is alive but he doesn't sound too well.

jayphi45

Reputation score
In a genuine "oh shit" moment, the dev is alive but he doesn't sound too well.
Yea everything sounded good until that last bit. Idk if it’s just google translate but “this is the final game screen” sounds kind of worrying. Not sure if that means he’s the game is done, or he’s dropping the game.

Either way he did title it “survival report” so I hope that means he’s at least semi healthy at this point.

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score
The translation sound like final product screen, raredrop went hospitalized since Jan till April, and he basically resting at home for may, so the game is not ready yet, but steadily ongoing development.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Another update, this time showing off "action commands".

Vodoka

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm glad the dev is doing fine. This really is one of those eternity projects with tons of work put into it.

Tyrrandae

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Indeed, I truely hope he can get this finished, and be healthy enough to get the rewards he is deserved when this game releases.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Dude's been more active on twitter so you can check there for updates.
One thing I have to say from everything I've seen about this game is that I liked what I saw but I have no idea how it all connects, it all seems very disconnected.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I don't believe this is a real game to begin with, I don't follow development too closely but everytime I check something out it just feels like he has one specific scenario he programs and then he just disappears for a while.

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I don't believe this is a real game to begin with, I don't follow development too closely but everytime I check something out it just feels like he has one specific scenario he programs and then he just disappears for a while.
Problem of this theory is, that the fact, raredrop had posted a fully functional concept demo before, just that old demo was in RMVXA doesn't mean that he didn't work hard to make it again in unity (and yes, the new version was in unity instead of RMMV.)

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Problem of this theory is, that the fact, raredrop had posted a fully functional concept demo before, just that old demo was in RMVXA doesn't mean that he didn't work hard to make it again in unity (and yes, the new version was in unity instead of RMMV.)
True, they did release that demo, but there is a big question about the current screenshots. Specifically: Raredrop's talked about using some kind of hybrid of Unity and RPGMaker MV in the past - presumably, because if they don't use some form of RPGMaker, they can't use RPGMaker tilesets (seen in the July 7th tweet, for example). Or at least, they can't use the tilesets legally. So I think there are some legitimate questions on the exact tech of the game engine and how it's hooked up, if for no other reason because Raredrop by their own admission, is not a particularly good programmer, and hybridising Unity and RPGMaker MV seems like a pretty difficult task.

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Too lazy to read the RPG Maker MV TOS but it could be that he is just exploiting some legal loophole by including the files needed for an MV project but just using Unity instead. Maybe add the MV logo on as a splash screen when the game loads and it might be fine.

In his preview videos the left side of the screen looks like MV but it appears to be a stripped down version just showing the map and ocassional animations. It's like he has got MV running in some sort of webkit within Unity or he has coded his own custom map using MV assets.

It will be interesting to see what he did exactly if/when this comes out.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The TOS is pretty explicit - the language will be along the lines of "Company Materials shall be used solely for User Games created with the Software" depending on exactly which version of RPGMaker is used. Now that I've looked at the license, at the very least with the English translation (because the Japanese version is the canonical agreement and I'm not going to try and comprehend a Japanese legal text), there are incredibly limited ways in which you could legally hybridise MV+Unity. The only way I can think of is having MV run in its own process, and use sockets or similar to communicate with the Unity process. Anything else doesn't work, because the definition of User Game is explicit in stating it must be created using the RPGMaker software, so anything in Unity is obviously forbidden from using anything from RPGMaker.

It definitely will be interesting to see what Raredrop's cooked up, and how they justify it as being legal should they get challenged.

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score
The TOS is pretty explicit - the language will be along the lines of "Company Materials shall be used solely for User Games created with the Software" depending on exactly which version of RPGMaker is used.
Yes, but they also stated that tilesets and UI components were owned not by Kodokawa/enterbrain, but the artist whom made them in the first place. If raredrop ask premission directly form those artists, I don't see why he couldn't use them at all. Even if it looks like a RPGMaker tilesets it may also be form FSM or some other source that is not form Kodokawa/enterbrains, so he could be using those similar but completely legal material instead.

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
didnt oneone1'a newest game's is made in Unity having rpg maker items? isnt this the same deal?

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yes, but they also stated that tilesets and UI components were owned not by Kodokawa/enterbrain, but the artist whom made them in the first place. If raredrop ask premission directly form those artists, I don't see why he couldn't use them at all. Even if it looks like a RPGMaker tilesets it may also be form FSM or some other source that is not form Kodokawa/enterbrains, so he could be using those similar but completely legal material instead.
The NPC sprites are definitely base RPGMaker, no doubt about it, and so would definitely be problematic. For the second part, the answer is 'it depends'. Anything that's an art pack sold for RPGMaker use will be owned by Gotcha Gotcha Games (that's the company name in the license agreements, at any rate), so the original artist wouldn't be able to resell them (i.e. the artist would have been under an agreement where they transferred the ownership rather than licensed it - or at least, that's what the license agreements I've seen for RPGMaker asset packs imply). Anything that's downloaded from random artists could be reused. And of course, it's possible that GGG is open to licensing their stuff out under different terms.

didnt oneone1'a newest game's is made in Unity having rpg maker items? isnt this the same deal?
I believe you're correct (although I'm judging this on screenshots, and not many of them). It's possible that OneOne1 has a licensing agreement with GGG. However, even if they don't, the basic thing that all of this does miss out on is: "Does GGG care enough to press the issue?"

Reputation score
They posted a new update on twitter that seems to suggest they are done with cg and events, just bug fixing to go. They are still struggling to get it finished because of their medical health.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The dev uploaded more stuff to his twitter and while it looks very nice and even functional, I don't see a game in it. Just menus and animations.