What's new

Ring of Lust Translation Project (Updated 28/04/2013)

lailani

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Ring of Lust Translation Project (Updated 06/04/2013)

keeping eye on this project - all legal mess aside, it was a good game :)

Kuroshu

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The character's name is not Kyle but Kai.
She's from another game called Tower of Druaga. So in a way this is a Fan Game.

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

so this is unplayable?

OP
noman

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

The character's name is not KyIt's ut Kai.
She's from another game called Tower of DruagaI So in a way this is a Fan Game.
Wow thanks! I will make the correction accordingly.

so this is unplayable?
It's totally playable. The alpha warning is just in case I break something by changing the languages. So far it's not an issue.

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It's totally playable. The alpha warning is just in case I break something by changing the languages. So far it's not an issue.

oh ok wish it doesnt crash when i use the heart magic >.< ill just wait and see if the program its made into english instead on chinese

fatmancory

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

oh ok wish it doesnt crash when i use the heart magic >.< ill just wait and see if the program its made into english instead on chinese
Your going to have to change your non-unicode settings. Same thing happend to me until I changed it.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

yup, it works just fine when you change your OS to chinese, the error I posted above is because it was not changed. Works perfectly fine when extracted "and" played in chinese.

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

yup, it works just fine when you change your OS to chinese, the error I posted above is because it was not changed. Works perfectly fine when extracted "and" played in chinese.
ok

and why am i not popular? thats what the red box under post count says me sad :(

Kuroshu

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No problem.
Also you really can't "break" the game by translating. Most errors comes from the fact that the players don't know the proper procedures on setting the game up, causing the files to not work, like the file names being gibberish or not running it in the correct language.

Translating the dialogue, variables, switches and names should be okay, if thats all your touching so make sure your careful when editing the scripts.

To solve the first problem with requiring the Chinese stuff would be more challenging and likely to cause bugs and errors. Take it one step at a time.

First translate the Variables, Switches, Names, Items, terms, pretty much the ones that are in the tabs. Then work your way into the dialogues. The first part shouldn't take more than an hour or two, it's pretty much what I do for every RPG maker game I play(that's not on english).

OfficerTJHooker

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Here's a link with the relevant information for people who are having trouble getting this to run:

I can also upload my own copy of the game which might work on your computer as well. My specs are Windows 7 with Japanese Locale. I can't remember if I have the Chinese version of RPG Maker XP installed, but you might require it to have the game work properly. Remember to pay attention to the fact that you'll have to extract the actual game in a Chinese Locale (or have some substitute), as it will likely misread some of the file names when it extracts, giving the error that killzone has been getting.

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

i got it to work now :)

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Haaaaaaa, the good old days when the h-rpg games were rare and this game came along to brighten up my h life for a few weeks XD
I did complete the whole game, at that time the game wasn't fully done and I had to wait a few days for the patch to come for the ending of the game.
The only way to beat the last ultimate boss was by cheating, because he'd kill me in 2 hits with the best gear the game offers you lol and he had 99999 hp and 999 mana, when I could only hit approxiately 5000 per hit lol...

Anyway, this was years ago and I don't have a damn clue how the events go anymore, so I can't help much there, but I'm gonna play the game again and might help anyone in trouble later on xD

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

oh and are there any other cgames that are good?

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

oh and are there any other cgames that are good?
Ever since I saw this game, I've been asking myself that question and browsing around the web for even a slight evidence of another one, but I can't find anything..

This game popped out outta nowhere, at the time I wasn't even aware there was an rtp for chinese lol.

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Ever since I saw this game, I've been asking myself that question and browsing around the web for even a slight evidence of another one, but I can't find anything..

This game popped out outta nowhere, at the time I wasn't even aware there was an rtp for chinese lol.

yeah

lailani

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Gonna keep an eye on this one. good old game it is! I'd love to play it in english :)

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Ring of Lust Translation Project

I wish I know how to localize too, but I do not have the knowledge to do so.
If the RPGmaker editor makes this feasible, all you should need to do is rename all the files to plain ascii and change the names inside the RPGmaker editor to match.
I have no idea how hard this is, though.

i2ci2c

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i just unzipped it, sure there are some chinese words, but seems like it's already in english.

I might need to get further into the game i guess to see chinese words..

edit: seems like there's some bug in prologue that crashes the game, guess i give the save file a try

Last edited:

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nice looks good...

Hope you translate it all.

Good luck :)

TIA

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

I keep getting error during the intro where she puts on the ring..

Graphics/Characters/凯尔自慰01.

appears this file is showing though just fine in that directory any idea of the problem? Ok figured out I have to use applocale to run in chinese mode.

BTW not much use in even playing this one as the prologue is not even finished translating yet.

Last edited: