What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ113935] Mirielle - Medichine & Magic

igotnostuffs

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: [RJ113935] Mirielle - Medichine & Magic

First at all, I wish to say a big thank you to Etory for this. You have my sincerest gratitude.

I have a small issue however. I searched in the old ULMF thread but it seems to be only mine and I don't know if it's translation related or what else.
When I go for the "Take care of your urges" choice, game crashes with this code:

---
Script 'Game_Interpreter #' line 1433: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass
---

Anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance.
You should report that to the developer. It's not something we can do about.
but it never hurts to try test it on a non-patched version though.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Oh it looks like we might get the h-scenes translated them.
Thank the lords for you smart programmers. :p

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I have a small issue however. I searched in the old ULMF thread but it seems to be only mine and I don't know if it's translation related or what else.
When I go for the "Take care of your urges" choice, game crashes with this code:
---
Script 'Game_Interpreter #' line 1433: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass
---
Have same issue on this scene, this occurs only with eng patched files, with original jap file event work ok.

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

it just happened to be done now, wasnt it ?
Coincidentally yes, but it's true I'm grateful for you guys. Can't count the number of times I've been impressed by someone's generosity or skill. This was my way of giving back, hope you like it.

elfloren, kR1pt0n1t3, thank you. It's always been a pleasure seeing what you both come up with (and m1zuki too). You all make this seem possible (and make it look easy, daresay).

Esgaldin: I'm glad Nidjo was able to help you. I'll upload a rar version too next time, just in case.

Requestee - Big thanks to you for your hard work. I could tell I was close, but it took you to tip the scales. After tinkering I'm able to adjust the character tags, line lengths, and insert newlines, so everything is prepped for translation. Much appreciated.

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

When I go for the "Take care of your urges" choice, the game crashes.
This one's almost certainly because of me, I'll look into it immediately. Thanks for your patience.

rizo

Reputation score

This one's almost certainly because of me, I'll look into it immediately. Thanks for your patience.
Is it possible for you to translate the h-scenes now? It would make the even better! Also how long do you think it will take seeing as you will probably have to start from the start of the h--scenes. lol

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is it possible for you to translate the h-scenes now? It would make the even better! Also how long do you think it will take seeing as you will probably have to start from the start of the h--scenes. lol
Translating the h-scenes is now quite possible: in fact I've already started. There are a few annoyances (having to set line breaks manually, keeping half the names in JP to keep custom name tags, funny commenting method, character counting...) but nothing too bad. Thanks again to Requestee.

The biggest barriers: lots of specialized vocab, the sound effects, and making it sound good. I might post the text files first to get feedback, then put them in-game afterwards. I'm not sure how well I can write H...:confused:

rizo

Reputation score

Translating the h-scenes is now quite possible: in fact I've already started. There are a few annoyances (having to set line breaks manually, keeping half the names in JP to keep custom name tags, funny commenting method, character counting...) but nothing too bad. Thanks again to Requestee.

The biggest barriers: lots of specialized vocab, the sound effects, and making it sound good. I might post the text files first to get feedback, then put them in-game afterwards. I'm not sure how well I can write H...:confused:
It's better than it being completely unreadable in Japanese :p

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Patch updated. Fixed the crashing issue and made various minor changes to the text. Enjoy.

(I'm posting a lot so I can reach 15 posts & finally put up my own links. Don't mind me...)

Miraggio

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You are awesome.

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ok, I finished it, game feels nice and solid. Thanks for translation again =)

Here few inaccuracy in translated items description:
Ice crossbow+1 - say it gives ATK +20 - its must to be +200
Selfish whip - say it gives ATK +160 - its must to be Charm +160
Insect badge - say it unlocks only Dual-Wield - but it also let equip any weapon
Mythril sword - say it gives DEF +120 - its must to be MAT +120
Slimy pad+2 - say it gives say P-RES↑ - its must to be P-RES↑↑

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm still getting the syntax error after downloading the patch just now.

I tried both the 7zip and rar versions from the text file you uploaded.

Gonna mess around a bit and see if I did something wrong

EDIT: Running as an administrator fixed it. That's... odd.

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ok, I finished it, game feels nice and solid. Thanks for translation again =)

Here few inaccuracy in translated items description:
[...]
Glad you enjoyed the game! I've been away on a trip recently, but I'll check on these when I can. Thanks for the report. I was very, very tired when I did that section...

YllariusCroceus said:
I'm still getting the syntax error after downloading the patch just now. [...]
EDIT: Running as an administrator fixed it. That's... odd.
Sorry you were having problems. I used windows when putting both files in an archive last time hoping that would help with compatibility. Tested w/ Linux too. Not sure what happened there.

Anyway, I'm about 25% of the way into the new content, but wasn't too happy with how my writing style came out. Worked on a little side-project in the last few days to get some practice - might see release soon.

Larryrunner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Seems like a really interesting game! Thanks for taking the time to translate it :)

Just wondering, when you say the H-scenes aren't translated, are the events leading up to them translated? You know, all the dialogue up until the point when the CG kicks in.

rizo

Reputation score

Glad you enjoyed the game! I've been away on a trip recently, but I'll check on these when I can. Thanks for the report. I was very, very tired when I did that section...

Sorry you were having problems. I used windows when putting both files in an archive last time hoping that would help with compatibility. Tested w/ Linux too. Not sure what happened there.

Anyway, I'm about 25% of the way into the new content, but wasn't too happy with how my writing style came out. Worked on a little side-project in the last few days to get some practice - might see release soon.
Awesome, I've been holding off playing it until I can understand the h-scenes to. Might just be me, but it takes me out of it when It's all in English then random Japanese pops up. :p Keep up the good work and I look forward to a release soon hopefully. :)

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Seems like a really interesting game! Thanks for taking the time to translate it :)

Just wondering, when you say the H-scenes aren't translated, are the events leading up to them translated? You know, all the dialogue up until the point when the CG kicks in.
Yep, the buildup is all there, just not the scenes* themselves. I hope you'll be able to enjoy it in the meantime regardless. Progress continues, but slowly.

*Using a text hooker even for just those parts isn't that terrible, I think*

rizo said:
Might just be me, but it takes me out of it when It's all in English then random Japanese pops up.
You're not the only one. I feel a crushing wave of defeat when that happens too. That's partly what drove me to complete this patch - I'd always hit just beyond what I got to last time.

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

thx Etory, for translating this! much appreciated your effort.

esco

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for translating this game! Any realistic eta on this one besides when its done?

rizo

Reputation score

Any info on when we'll get the patch with the h-scenes translated? Still holding of playing this until then as the game looks so good.

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for your interest. I am working on it week by week, but at a snail's pace to be quite honest. I'm possibly 40-45% complete, minus editing. Surprisingly, I'm finding it to be quite challenging. The vocab, descriptions, and phrasing, for example... not exactly something you can clarify with books, or bring to someone for help. Secondly, I... have no experience writing anything like this in English. My first drafts come out sounding clinical, report-like. Do I make them literary? Snappy? How do I keep erotic parts erotic?

Having to stretch myself as a reader and a writer is keeping my progress slow, as are other time commitments.

I won't give up, because I know people are looking forward to it, but I'm a bit out of my element. Any writing guides, tips or advice or anything anyone could PM me about working with h-scenes would be much appreciated.