What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ113935] Mirielle - Medichine & Magic

nostram

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ113935] Mirielle - Medichine & Magic

Thanks for your interest. I am working on it week by week, but at a snail's pace to be quite honest. I'm possibly 40-45% complete, minus editing. Surprisingly, I'm finding it to be quite challenging. The vocab, descriptions, and phrasing, for example... not exactly something you can clarify with books, or bring to someone for help. Secondly, I... have no experience writing anything like this in English. My first drafts come out sounding clinical, report-like. Do I make them literary? Snappy? How do I keep erotic parts erotic?

Having to stretch myself as a reader and a writer is keeping my progress slow, as are other time commitments.

I won't give up, because I know people are looking forward to it, but I'm a bit out of my element. Any writing guides, tips or advice or anything anyone could PM me about working with h-scenes would be much appreciated.
I'd be happy to help you edit H-scenes. I had done a lot of editing work on the now-unfortunately stalled Princess Sacrifice translation so I'm no stranger to the job.

4GunZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Etory, so, how do you do?) What's with the translation of H-scenes?

Last edited:
OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'd be happy to help you edit H-scenes. I had done a lot of editing work on the now-unfortunately stalled Princess Sacrifice translation so I'm no stranger to the job.
Wow thanks nostram, that's really generous of you! I've been sick a lot recently so progress kinda ground to a halt this past month. Motivation problems too.
(it ended up easier to start and finish several passes of Mucchi Muchi Summer Vacation than it was to finish one scene from Mirielle!!:()

I'll try to send something along to you soon, if you don't mind. But it's a busy week.
4GunZ said:
Etory, so, how do you do?) What's with the translation of H-scenes?
Yeah, I've been rather bummed about the lack of progress so I've been rather quiet.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I've still not played this. It looks like so much fun, but I'm holding off until the h-scenes are done so I can enjoy it in all its glory. :)

nostram

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow thanks nostram, that's really generous of you! I've been sick a lot recently so progress kinda ground to a halt this past month. Motivation problems too.
(it ended up easier to start and finish several passes of Mucchi Muchi Summer Vacation than it was to finish one scene from Mirielle!!:()

I'll try to send something along to you soon, if you don't mind. But it's a busy week.
Yeah, I've been rather bummed about the lack of progress so I've been rather quiet.
Np, whenever you're ready.

rizo

Reputation score

Any news on the H-scene progression? This game looks like fun, hopefully the problems you where having IRL are okay and you're feeling better.

xii360

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Any news on the H-scene progression? This game looks like fun, hopefully the problems you where having IRL are okay and you're feeling better.
same feelings here, just found this thread and im interested in it
if the h scenes are being translated ill wait for it to be translated before i play the game too! (school will keep me busy anyway with so much quizzes and exams xD)

4GunZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Any news? Translation abandoned?

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's not abandoned, but it's my fault for making it seem that way. Saying 'no progress' is bad, but no communication's worse. My apologies. Ever since the turn of the year I've had a huge squeeze on my free time, though reasons varied. Practically no progress from Jan to late March. Everything I've released recently was mostly done late last year, including two in the pipeline...

I think I can make one big push and have Mirielle wrapped up in 2-3 weeks at this pace, but I could use a hand. I still need text sfx added (kiss, thrust, squelch, etc.), a willing proofreader/tlcheck, then the final step: adding manual linebreaks.

I'm hoping nostram is still available, but if not, would anyone else be willing to lend a hand? It would really help me out. Thanks!

rdantas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm glad that the translation will be done. :) Unfortunately, I can't read japanese.

4GunZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm glad that the translation will be done. :) Unfortunately, I can't read japanese.
Translator search proofreader for English. Not for Japanese)

4GunZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's not abandoned, but it's my fault for making it seem that way. Saying 'no progress' is bad, but no communication's worse. My apologies. Ever since the turn of the year I've had a huge squeeze on my free time, though reasons varied. Practically no progress from Jan to late March. Everything I've released recently was mostly done late last year, including two in the pipeline...

I think I can make one big push and have Mirielle wrapped up in 2-3 weeks at this pace, but I could use a hand. I still need text sfx added (kiss, thrust, squelch, etc.), a willing proofreader/tlcheck, then the final step: adding manual linebreaks.

I'm hoping nostram is still available, but if not, would anyone else be willing to lend a hand? It would really help me out. Thanks!
So if we're lucky, you could finish the translation for about a month?

Hoboy

Reputation score

I think it's 2-3 weeks of work - not 2-3 weeks. Depends upon what all else comes up in that time span and what else is being worked on...let's not create deadlines...

rizo

Reputation score

Aww it's getting closer to hopefully being complete. I've been tempted to try this without the h-scenes translated but never did because I don't think it would do it justice.
Keep up the great work Etory :)

PhaseLink

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Pretty nice game. Wondering what happen after true ending tho. Lovely character.

Looking forward to H screen translation :D I already clear it once without those content. Can't get to it when I can't read lol

Krosh

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey, uhm... i know it's late already but if you still need someone for proofreading, then i am volunteering. I can read some Hiragana and Katakana on a still primitive level but i could give it a shot.

rizo

Reputation score

My body is so ready for this, I hope everything is going fine with the translation of the h-scenes.

JackyHF

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thank you very much for the translation.

Last edited:

rdantas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there anyone on this?

rizo

Reputation score

So how did the translation of the h-scenes work out? Seems like it's came to a halt. I hope that's not the case because this looks like such a good game.