What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ146347] Sword Princess FINE ENG Translation V0.2 on hold

[RJ146347] Sword Princess FINE ENG Translation V0.2 on hold

• Frequently with small patches like I'm doing now (Every two weeks at the most)

Votes: 68 33.2%
  • Less often with a lot more done (In between a month or two)

Votes: 137 66.8%

• Total voters

Resnepsid

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ146347] Sword Princess FINE ENG Translation V0.2

How' s your progress so far? :)

OP
imnotapervert

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

How' s your progress so far? :)
Apologies for the lack of updates. I've worked on it a bit but I've been pretty busy this month so it's not been going as smoothly as I thought it would. But it's still progressing. I won't give a release date but sometime around the end of this month/beginning of next year you'll see an updated version.

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

So, I'm confused. I wanted to launch Habisain's tool, wich I already had for VPM, but a prompt told me my version was expired, so I followed the link to Habisain's blog, that tells me the blog is dead, so I follow the link to the new website, and that site is dead too. The link in your first post is dead too.

Wat do .-.

EDIT: Thanks to Candiru for the ( very quick ) help. :)

Hum, the second prostitution event in the Pub from the very first town seems too loop when it ends?

Last edited:
OP
imnotapervert

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

Hum, the second prostitution event in the Pub from the very first town seems too loop when it ends?
I've only tested the scene in the CG room so I might have messed that up somehow. I'll have a look at it and fix it for the next patch. Thanks for letting me know.

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It did fix itself somehow a bit later in the game when I tried again... weird :p

suiton

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Does the translation work for version 1.1.3?

OP
imnotapervert

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

Does the translation work for version 1.1.3?
It does. Patches made with habsain's translation tool will work with any version of any game.

Update: I'm still working on it. That's all I can say really.

OP
imnotapervert

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

Hey all,

This something like a whinny, apologietic kinda update I guess...? Whilst I have been working on this more, I hadn't worked at the pace I wanted to over my break from Christmas, since i wanted to just relax and take a break from uni work. I did pick up the pace but the charger for my laptop split this time so I haven't had it for a week and I won't be able to continue until Tuesday. So I haven't in my opinion translated enough for it to be worthy of another patch release (kinda makes the poll a bit pointless really). I do want to show people that I am working on it however, especially since it's my first attempt at a full and I wouldn't want anyone to lose faith in me eventually doing this. Either way I can't and I won't make anymore estimations on when I'll release stuff.

On a positive note, I'm done with coursework for a while so I can work on this more often when my laptop charger gets delivered. Also before my charger broke I was translating a small game called "Safi's Ecchi Adventure", just so I could learn how to use RPGMaker to translate games instead of using habisains tool. So I'll release that when I'm done with it. It's a GOR with mostly monster sex so sorry if the game isn't to your tastes. While I've been translating this game I've gotten a bit better with H-Scenes so I'll probably have to redo most of the scenes I've done for this game now.

Anyway just know that I'm not going away or anything, just that uni and other real life stuff might slow progress down.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Oh that's fair enough, thanks for the update on what's going on. Also I looked up that Safi's Ecchi Adventure, it looks like it could be fun to kill time too which is nice. :)
If I remember correctly there was a partial out for that some time ago in can you didn't know. That could help, if you haven't done that yet.
Unless I'm mistaking it for a different game. lol
Which do you think will release first, the translation of Ecchi Adventure of the next patch of Sword Princess?

Last edited:

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If anyone gives you trouble I'll slap the ecchi out of them :mad:

Lol but real life slowdowns is perfectly all right, every dev and translator hits then. Eh, habisain himself recently had some things pop up.

AlexDark94

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Also I looked up that Safi's Ecchi Adventure, it looks like it could be fun to kill time too which is nice. :)
May be a dumb question, but what is this Safi's Ecchi Adventure?
Link, plz?

OP
imnotapervert

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

May be a dumb question, but what is this Safi's Ecchi Adventure?
Link, plz?
This is the only link I have since I don't think the game is on sale anymore.
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=22699

If I remember correctly there was a partial out for that some time ago in can you didn't know. That could help, if you haven't done that yet.
Unless I'm mistaking it for a different game. lol
Yeah that's what I used as a base to translate the game. Since it was partly done I could use it to learn how to use RPGMaker without it taking too much time off of SPF.

Which do you think will release first, the translation of Ecchi Adventure of the next patch of Sword Princess?
Safi's Ecchi Adventure. Want to get it out of the way since the game is smaller. I have 3 H-Scenes left to do I think? Shouldn't take too long.

Last edited:

rizo

Reputation score

Safi's Ecchi Adventure. Want to get it out of the way since the game is smaller. I have 3 H-Scenes left to do I think? Shouldn't take too long.
Sweet, that's good to know.
I look forward to getting my hands on it. :)
Keep up the great work.

rizo

Reputation score

Aww rip the dream, I thought it was this you where talking about. It looks awesome.
Oh well I'll look up the other one you linked it's still pretty cool. :)

sandchainz

Reputation score
Re: [RJ146347] Sword Princess FINE ENG Translation V0.2 on hold

Didn't know smeone was translating this one, this is a good game!
Thnx, and keep the great job :D

OP
imnotapervert

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

Didn't know smeone was translating this one, this is a good game!
Thnx, and keep the great job :D
I won't be working on it for a while. Got exams I need to revise for and I want to keep the rest of my free time for other stuff. Also I intend to redo the H-Scenes since I don't think I've done them justice. They were my first attempts at H-Scenes so it's to be expected, but now I'm fine with SFX and I know what to use when I'm stuck (e.g. dictionaries) and I'll ask for help when needed so I'd like to think my translations are more reliable now. I'll also look into learning some Japanese grammar before I start this again. I do want this to be as good as it can possibly be after all.

Anyway, apologies for the delay and thanks for the encouragement!

sandchainz

Reputation score

I won't be working on it for a while. Got exams I need to revise for and I want to keep the rest of my free time for other stuff. Also I intend to redo the H-Scenes since I don't think I've done them justice. They were my first attempts at H-Scenes so it's to be expected, but now I'm fine with SFX and I know what to use when I'm stuck (e.g. dictionaries) and I'll ask for help when needed so I'd like to think my translations are more reliable now. I'll also look into learning some Japanese grammar before I start this again. I do want this to be as good as it can possibly be after all.

Anyway, apologies for the delay and thanks for the encouragement!
It's ok, no one is in hurry and everyone knows that translations are a free iniciative of every translator. So take your time ;)
I'll be checking for this thread for sure :D

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

for me personally i dont need a 100% accurate translation since i am not able to read it anyway. Of course it needs to be translated that it makes sense but not too accurately.
But i understand your goals and accept it.

Fukukaze

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ146347] Sword Princess FINE ENG Translation V0.15 (Temporary Break)

Yeah I'm back and I found some time to do a bit of translating so...

Help with this?

In Walt Rei's castle talking to a scholar upstairs.

Scholar
「……なぜ貴女が服を脱いでいるのか、
 その心理にも興味があります」

「...Why must you take off your clothes? I am only
interested in psychology」

Fine
「えっと、その……お気になさらず……」

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

This as well, just to make sure. What the scholar says after that.

「十人十色、とは言いますが……まさにこの事ですね」
I'm not sure whether you're still in need of help with these few lines or not, but whatever, I'll just give you my two cents on these.

「……なぜ貴女が服を脱いでいるのか、
 その心理にも興味があります」
"...Why are you undressing yourself?/Why are you taking off your clothes?
I do am interested in what goes on in that head of yours."

I feel like the last line is talking more about the fact that Fine would do something weird like that as opposed to the broad term "psychology" you're using, because, although I do not have enough context here to be able to assess what's going on exactly, to me, these two sentences sound pretty odd on itself. What I think is that the scholar is talking about Fine's mentality, as in why the hell she is taking her clothes off.

A good translation for「えっと、その……お気になさらず……」would be like: "Umm, er... please don't mind me/please don't trouble yourself with me."

Take that with a grain of salt though, feel free to twist my phrasing around to something you are satisfied with. I'm just giving you some possible suggestions.

Then, this last one is actually quite interesting, as it contains a Japanese proverb that is the equivalent of a common saying we know in English. 「十人十色」, pronounced "juunintoiro", literally meaning "ten persons, ten colors", in fact translates to the popular English saying "To each his/their own". So, in the actual sentence, this would make something like:

「十人十色、とは言いますが……まさにこの事ですね」
"It's as they say, to each their own... and this is exactly one of those things."

Personally, I am not too happy with how the second half turned out but perhaps you can phrase this is a little better, plus you're not groping in the dark like I am. But anyway, hope I could help somehow, if even a little. If you've got some more sentences you're unsure about, feel free to shoot them my way and I'll have a look for you. Good luck with the rest of your project!

Last edited: