What's new

[Complete - Partial] [RJ204948] Magna Fortuna ~The Gargantuan Fate and a Girl of Eternity~ 2.03.0

Rrezz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Merry Christmas Everybody!!!
I know it's a little early to be celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior but hey, Jesus is the reason for the Season.
So anyways, I'm not 100% sure if there's already a partial or anything for this, I can't search the forums anymore as that feature has been removed. Thanks EA. But here it is anyways, if someone's already started working on it or something let me know.
So like, most if not all of the Menu's are done, The names for all the Database things are done. I haven't cracked into the descriptions yet, but its mostly obvious stuff. My intentions is to wait until the game is done being updated and whenever the final update is released I'll just transfer everything over and finish it on the final update. That way I'm not going everything over and over and over and over again and again and again and again. You get the point, the struggle is real.
If you run into any issues to let me know. The only issue I noticed was in the original release of the game (version 1.00) the Shift key hide the message dialogue. When I update my version to 1.08 for some reason it wouldn't hide the message dialogue no more. I tinkered with some stuff and now you just have to Right Click to hide the message dialogue. So just be aware.

And as always, I hope you enjoy

Thread

KTHXBAI!

*Edit* Oh yeah, before I forget, this is for version 1.08 of the game. You can get version 1.00 by purchasing it from DLSite and supporting the creators. After that you just download the Version 1.08 patch from their DLSite Blog. The patch just goes over top Version 1.00, then you just put my partial over that. Then wam bam thank you ma'am, you're done. Good job.

*Edit 2* Updated to 2.03.0, Hurray.

Attachments

Last edited:

zipetya

Reputation score
Thx for this!

Seems there will be quite a number more fixes coming down the line - if the readme for the 1.08 version is any indication...
I mean the number of bugs he's been fixing thus far is...truly extraordinary! lol

Shame, looks like a nice game too.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Im making one for 2.00, but it probly wont be as good as Rrezz or Yugis, since i only make them for myself :p but if he doesnt mind, ill toss it up here after im done

OP
Rrezz

Rrezz

Reputation score
Im making one for 2.00, but it probly wont be as good as Rrezz or Yugis, since i only make them for myself :p but if he doesnt mind, ill toss it up here after im done
Sure go right ahead. I don't have a copy of 2.00 so that works out well.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Did you manage to translate quest text and quest window? I was never able to find the stuff for it

OP
Rrezz

Rrezz

Reputation score
Did you manage to translate quest text and quest window? I was never able to find the stuff for it
Nope, I did translate the titles from the lady that gives you the quests. If I recall I wasn't able to find where the quest objectives were located. But I'm gotten better at RPG Maker MV since I've done this.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Ah i found the ones from the Adventure Lady, but its the ones for the Main Quest and Side Quests i couldnt find, but in 2.00 theres a ton of random files im not even sure whats in them lol

OP
Rrezz

Rrezz

Reputation score
Ah i found the ones from the Adventure Lady, but its the ones for the Main Quest and Side Quests i couldnt find, but in 2.00 theres a ton of random files im not even sure whats in them lol
That's one of the reason why I'm not a huge fan of translating RPG Maker MV games. They just do their things really weird like. I prefer VX Ace. Everything is simple and easy to understand.

Okay okay okay, So I looked around and the Quests for this game you'll have to open the Quest.json file with a program like Notepad++ in order to edit it. It'll be in the Data folder, but you'll have to edit it outside of the program.
I was actually typing something else out when I remember that :eek:

*Edit* I think the reason why I never translated the quest text in the file was if I remember correctly putting in spaces broke it. but I'm not 100%....

Last edited:

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Oh shit i never even noticed that lol. Thanks alot :)

Holy crap ... its just 1 massive line O.O

Ive got Actors, Skills, Classes, Items, Weapons, Armor, States and System done, im dreading having to redo Enemies lol i did most of this in 1.00 but ah well.
tryin to word stuff in english and get it to fit is a job in itself lol

Last edited:
OP
Rrezz

Rrezz

Reputation score
Oh shit i never even noticed that lol. Thanks alot :)

Holy crap ... its just 1 massive line O.O
Yup, and I think if you put any spaces in it, it ruins the game... I remember getting a huge error with this game when I first tried translating, but it could have been something else.
Let me know if you get good results :p

*EDIT* Nevermind, I don't think spaces mess with it... I just tossed a bunch of spaces in there and had no issues. I probably didn't touch the quest file cause I didnt want to be bothered with the endless line of text :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
If only you could edit on the fly ... but atleast 2.00 doesnt have that stupid 30 second intro anymore.

OP
Rrezz

Rrezz

Reputation score
If only you could edit on the fly ... but atleast 2.00 doesnt have that stupid 30 second intro anymore.
You could try copy and pasting the whole thing into a different text file format. Edit it in that, then copy the whole thing back over to the .json file.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I meant more able to play the game and change stuff in the file and it would update in game so you dont have to restart the game so much hehe

This is gonna be absurdly painful ... making changes in Quest.json doesnt update in old games, so id have to start a new game each time to check ... ugh

Last edited:
OP
Rrezz

Rrezz

Reputation score
I meant more able to play the game and change stuff in the file and it would update in game so you dont have to restart the game so much hehe

This is gonna be absurdly painful ... making changes in Quest.json doesnt update in old games, so id have to start a new game each time to check ... ugh
My advice? Charge in blind, Translate everything and if it breaks it breaks. Also you could try translating the first quest to see how long you can make the text without overrunning, then use that as a reference.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Heres what i got so far, the char building stuff is a lil wonky, i may go back and untranslate it cause i wasnt entirely sure about it

Translated all the quests in the actual log, no idea how they look tho since i havent made another run yet.
Actors, Classes, Items, Weapons, Armors, Enemies and some general choices are translated.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Wonder if it would be better to just put the stat gains for the player making or leave it ambious like whats there now

Also, let me know if you cannot learn skills ... i dunno wtf is wrong but i cant learn anything besides the basic for each weapon, idk if me translating stuff broke something or what.

Last edited:
Reputation score
Me too i can't learn any skills... there is something wrong.... and what the fuck with that prologue it's so long

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Im stumped on whats blocking it, i tried a fresh game with no translation and put in files as i went, but idk if thats it, the 10 min intro even with x9 speed and text skip is not very inducive to trying different things.
Ill mess with it more, maybe renaming something in plugins messed up something, no idea