What's new

[WIP - Full] [Complete - Partial] [RJ212896] The Tale of Undercrust ~ The Last 7 Days of Hasumi~

OP
adatt

adatt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So, kept you waiting, huh?

In all seriousness, I'm very, very sorry for ghosting you guys for..wow...about 10 months?

To sum up what happened, the professional training was severe enough that I ended up going to the ER and discovered I have a heart condition. Yay.

The training completed last September, but I didn't completely recover until January. After that I was busy enough I couldn't work up the energy to keep working on this.

Now, however, I want to finish it like I said I would in my OP. The pace will be slower; I'm aiming to update every week or every other week.

Right now, my goal is to finish proofreading Day 5, followed by completing Marco's lecture, and working on something highly requested before tackling the H scenes for that day.

Sorry to bump but can someone at least give a quick tutorial on how exactly one is meant to apply the translation patch??
Yugifan3 has a guide located . Go down to -:RPG Maker MV Game Unpack Guide:- and follow those directions.

Once you've got the game extracted, download the zip attached to the first post. The data folder will go to (game)\www\data folder. If you want the status effect for when Hasumi gets dazed to be translated, you can put the contents of the "Translated plugin" folder into the game folder. It's not necessary, however.

Also sorry for the bump. Has anyone else run into a "fail to load bgm" error after the dollhouse miniboss fight? Any way around this?
Could you do me a favor and get a screenshot of the error?

I'm fairly sure there aren't any game breaking bugs from the translation, but I'd like to make sure.

A possibility is that, for whatever reason, it can't find the correct music file in the (game)www\audio\bgm folder, which can indicate a possibilty of corruption or the file didn't get extracted under Windows set to Japanese non-unicode characters which would cause the filename to be corrupted.

Attachments

im_not_here

Lurker
Reputation score
I figured it out. I bought the legitimate version, yeah? One of the bgms was in that broken code you get when your computer cant understand japanese characters.

Ironically, downloading the pirate version in the other thread, and porting over the bgm folder solved it :p

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I figured it out. I bought the legitimate version, yeah? One of the bgms was in that broken code you get when your computer cant understand japanese characters.

Ironically, downloading the pirate version in the other thread, and porting over the bgm folder solved it :p
Bet the original came in a .zip archive file, which -if not taking the proper precautions- could very well be extracted incorrectly (files with Japanese characters in their names become mojibake'd when extracted -> when the game's looking for them, OOOPSIE, "couldn't find file! :-(" ).
So for future reference: use a correctly configured WinRAR or sjisunzip, Bandizip when extracting .zip files (when they come from Japanese source) if not in Japanese locale.

Sue Nami

Demon Girl
Reputation score
> In all seriousness, I'm very, very sorry for ghosting you guys for..wow...about 10 months?

Well I for one demand my money back ;)

Kuro

Lurker
Reputation score

In all seriousness, I'm very, very sorry for ghosting you guys for..wow...about 10 months?

To sum up what happened, the professional training was severe enough that I ended up going to the ER and discovered I have a heart condition. Yay.

The training completed last September, but I didn't completely recover until January. After that I was busy enough I couldn't work up the energy to keep working on this.
Sorry to hear about that. I think you should take it easy as health is still more important.

Oir

Reputation score

Now, however, I want to finish it like I said I would in my OP. The pace will be slower; I'm aiming to update every week or every other week.

Right now, my goal is to finish proofreading Day 5, followed by completing Marco's lecture, and working on something highly requested before tackling the H scenes for that day.
In a messed up way, it's probably the luckiest thing in the world that you were sent to the ER in time to discover you had a heart condition before it got too serious. :eek:
Don't feel the need to set deadlines for yourself for volunteer projects. Take it at your own pace and recover well!

Shield_Bro

Reputation score
I tried following the instructions to get the translation working, but to no successes. Anything new I should try?

Shield_Bro

Reputation score
Is there any error that we can see?
I'm just unzipping the file and placing the the data and translation plugin into the games data folder. No error message, just not translating.
So I'm just wondering what if I did anything wrong

Deathman Forces

Reputation score
I'm just unzipping the file and placing the the data and translation plugin into the games data folder. No error message, just not translating.
plugin.js in the translated plugin folder must go to the js folder inside www folder.

OP
adatt

adatt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Wow, took me a while to do an update :/.

Why did Warframe and Azur Lane have to launch new events...and Persona 4 Golden launch at the same time?

Anyways, after looking at some the translation work, I'm pretty displeased with how robotic a lot of it reads. I've started going back through all the work done to smooth it out, fix translation errors, and verify the accuracy of the translations. As an example, I'm embarrased that I translated Dr. Ikaruga as Dr. Ikaru.

So, this update doesn't have much content updates, except for all the key words are updated, and is mainly proofreading/editing fixes.

[Edit: If you want to take a look through the included translation file for Translator++, I've started to use tags to indicate lines that need to be checked, and used another column for the substational changes I make to the initial translation. You'll be able to laugh/learn from my mistakes.]

I just did a fresh install with the translation I just uploaded, the data folder should go underneath your /www folder (so (Undercrust game folder)/www/data).

The plugin just translates one line to let you know if you're stunned and is completely optional.

Last edited:

Oir

Reputation score

Why did Warframe and Azur Lane have to launch new events...and Persona 4 Golden launch at the same time?

Anyways, after looking at some the translation work, I'm pretty displeased with how robotic a lot of it reads. I've started going back through all the work done to smooth it out, fix translation errors, and verify the accuracy of the translations. As an example, I'm embarrased that I translated Dr. Ikaruga as Dr. Ikaru.

So, this update doesn't have much content updates, except for all the key words are updated, and is mainly proofreading/editing fixes.

[Edit: If you want to take a look through the included translation file for Translator++, I've started to use tags to indicate lines that need to be checked, and used another column for the substational changes I make to the initial translation. You'll be able to laugh/learn from my mistakes.]

I just did a fresh install with the translation I just uploaded, the data folder should go underneath your /www folder (so (Undercrust game folder)/www/data).

The plugin just translates one line to let you know if you're stunned and is completely optional.
Thanks for the update, broski!

blueinorb9

Reputation score

Thanks for the update! Much appreciated.

OP
adatt

adatt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Another update!

Nothing too big, but I'm continuing to chip away at what's left.

I did start using an intelligent naming convention for the translated zip files and also I split the .trans file into its' own .zip since I figure most people won't use it.

I know the H scenes are hotly anticpated, especially the hypnosis scenes from the cult members that initally assualted Hasumi, so that's up on my priority list.

The final boss has finally been renamed; the first part of its name (ファルス=アナクトゥルス) is difficult to figure out, but the last part seems to refer to the star Arcturus.

Things I learned today (minor spoilers):

is married
pretends to be a 50 year old middle manager on SNS
has been divorced twice
doesn't believe your job involves BDSM gear
thinks Hasumi is too young for BDSM

OP
adatt

adatt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Another update!

I'm doing a better job of maintaining change logs to keep track of what is actually being done.

Don't expect any more updates until the weekend, but even if my pace slows I'm hoping to have this 100% done before September.

One interesting thing I noticed was that Map047 seems to contain a bunch of dialogue from the trial version; I don't know if was left for compatibility or other reasons.

I've also taken a stab at translating the posters/signs. Thankfully, RPGMaker MV is easy mode and I don't have to stay within the same amount of lines as the untranslated version. It definately makes me respect the translators from the 8/16 bit era a lot, lot more.

I've gone through 100/167 maps and I was surprisingly happy with most of my work. This also means that all of Fifth Station Base has been translated all the way up to part of the Star Temple. I definately enjoyed translating the proposal from the Eye of Aquarius to sell a nuclear rice cooker that irrdates the rice with gamma radiation.

So the big areas left are: the remaining H scenes and the mineral entries in the encyclopedia. The entire ending is getting a complete do over; reading it felt almost painful, not much better than MTL in my opinion. Finally usability testing to ensure everything looks correct.

So, on that note, please, if you see anything that runs out of the box or is mispelled, incorrect, or just seems wrong or bad, please let me know. I'm working strictly out of Translator++ right now to speed up my work and so I can't double-check my work quickly (especially those chemical formulas in Marco's lectures!).

qwerxzvcasdf

Reputation score
Thank for update. i got file trans in #1, but the scene with tin queen still japanesss, it till not translated right?

OP
adatt

adatt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I finally found how to translate the glossary categories: in the items file, the <SGカテゴリ:X> line determines what the categories are; If there's a <SGカテゴリ:Funny stuff>, then the plugin seems to automatically parse these entries and automatically populate the glossary with these entries.

Many glossary configuration entries are controlled from the plugins.js file:

On the SceneGlossary line, the entry "コマンド名称":"(entry)" changes the main menu entry.
"ヘルプテキスト":"(entry)" changes what's displayed in the top box when a glossary category is selected.
"ヘルプテキスト2":"(entry)" changes what's displayed in the top box in the main glossary menu.
"収集率メッセージ":"(entry)" changes what's displayed in the collected percentage box
"フォントサイズ":"(X)" sets the font size, which is 22 by default.

Just some info if anyone comes across this plugin in the future.

Thank for update. i got file trans in #1, but the scene with tin queen still japanesss, it till not translated right?
That's right, all enemies through day 4 are done along with some event scenes : the harness bind removal, futanari removal (Togetsu and Ai), and all NIcholas scenes.