What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ213863] Anthesis

Dufoe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
An official English release would be great.

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
OMG, i appreciate him wanting to make an english version........but by the love of god someone contact him before he starts 1 on his own!!!!! why do japanesse people talk or write in such broken english? I mean i am latin american (spanish speaking not portuguesse) and my english is far from perfect but not so broken.....
Because Japanese has absolutely no connection to English. It's much harder for a native speaker of one to pick up the other when there is no shared root for the language. English shares a Latin root with Spanish, as it does with most western European languages, so cross-learning is far easier. By comparison, japan may as well be from another planet, the degree of separation is so great. This means a lot of fundamental aspects of language that you take for granted in English and Spanish, such as the alphabet, sounds/pronunciation and sentence structure (this last one is probably the reason for the broken English you speak of), are completely different, which adds additional layers of complexity to an already difficult subject.

Furthermore, most Japanese have little need to learn English to a fluent level, especially outside of international hubs such as Tokyo, where they might semi-frequently interact with English speakers. Outside of Tokyo Japan is rather insular, at least compared to the rest of the first world/western countries, so there's little reason to learn, especially in the case of an independent game developer who mostly caters to a domestic audience.

An official English release would be great.
Any English release would be great, I don't see much point in them doing one when ewn's is so close tho.

Dufoe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Any English release would be great, I don't see much point in them doing one when ewn's is so close tho.
The point is giving the dev money, of course. Sounds to me like you can just reach out to the dev on Twitter.

OP
E

ewn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is anyone here by any chance familiar with gacha games?
One of the characters in this game is hopelessly addicted to them and frequently uses gacha terms in her speech. The problem is, I've never played any of those games, so there are a couple of things I was hoping to clarify with someone more knowledgeable on the subject.

Dufoe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
My knowledge is limited, but please ask away.

Gacha games are basically roulettes with cooldowns. You spin the wheel to get new and more powerful cards, but there are usually all kinds of resources (such as stamina and gold) in your way that keep you from spinning the wheel all day long. Replenishing said resources is where the monetization comes in.

Cards have stats: attack, defense and HP. When you form your deck (5 cards tops, will depend on the game), the stats of all cards in the deck are summed up. Stats are important for doing missions.

Example: you want to get the new fancy card with your favorite anime character. It costs 100 gold to spin the wheel (play gacha) and have a chance at it. In order to get the gold you need to do missions (or dungeons). Doing missions costs stamina (replenished daily). You also need to make sure that your deck is strong enough for the mission (more reason to get new cards). The missions themselves are very straightforward, usually you just click through encounters, combat is as simplistic as it gets, maybe you will use a potion (available in the in-game shop) to restore HP for your deck if it's a hard mission or your cards are not strong enough.

Ultimately, it all boils down to spinning the wheel to unlock new cards.

Last edited:

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
The translation is done. Updated the first post.
Awesome, now before youpick another big game could you give this a try, i suppose is small like all their other games, if you can't that 1 how about the previous 1?

And now for the big one: is relatively new but everything i hear about is good, and is not the emo depressing kind of ntr btw, it has a real happy ending and all..........meh i want hardcore!!!!

guyfon

Reputation score
Thanks for the translation. I attempted to translate it myself, but it didn't really work out

However, I have a problem. After adding the translation, the game crashes when i try to enter the park (Tileset missing) However, if i keep the rgss3a, I can enter the park

edit: things just got weirder. I copied and renamed another tileset to try and find out what is missing. there is something in the upper right corner. an event there says it is supposed to be a tent, but if i keep the rgss3a, the place is empty.

And while typing this, i realized that i might have the wrong version of the game.

edit2: I was right, my version was too old. got the newest one, now it works

Last edited:

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Thanks, ewn! DL'ing now. PS - anyone know what happened to the main thread in the games section? Link on this OP is dead...

Last edited:

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Thanks for all your hard work - I'm glad you ended up liking it after all. I'm itching to check it out in detail!

stone147

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I've found some untranslated name
Thanks for translating this GEM

Blurglurgh

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm curious about the conditions for unlocking the various (general) endings. I got the second one (hotel scene with several guys) out of the five there are. Does anyone know how the others work?

I know you can unlock the rest of the gallery with one of your PC's options, but if I can get those endings manually, I'd like that best.

By the way, the game has been awesome and very much my cup of tea, other than the whole demon curse premise, which is not that significant in the long run. Great translation, too!

OP
E

ewn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've found some untranslated name
Thanks for translating this GEM
Thanks, got it. To be honest, I expected there to be more stuff that I missed considering how much variables I had to translate in engine, but I guess I can't complain. I'll wait another week to see if people find anything else and make the final update to the patch.

I'm curious about the conditions for unlocking the various (general) endings. I got the second one (hotel scene with several guys) out of the five there are. Does anyone know how the others work?

I know you can unlock the rest of the gallery with one of your PC's options, but if I can get those endings manually, I'd like that best.

By the way, the game has been awesome and very much my cup of tea, other than the whole demon curse premise, which is not that significant in the long run. Great translation, too!
Here's the requirement for the endings. Spoilers ahead!
Ending 1 - If none of the below apply.
Ending 2 - Have Flower of Corruption in inventory.
Ending 3 - Accepted Vice's proposition.
Ending 4 - Have Flower of Impurity in inventory and popularity is at 100 or above.
Ending 5 - Have Flower of Impurity in inventory.

And thanks, it's been my pleasure to translate it.