What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ324709] Noelle Will Give Her All!

jameson252

Reputation score
yeah I wonder how long a post can go without a response from OP before its marked as dead :'(

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Moderation does not mark threads in the translation sub as dead or abandoned.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Probably should, granted, threads about dropped translations can simply be locked.
This sub was created for translators to collaborate, when desired get feedback from the community and keep translation updates from cluttering discussion threads, not as an easy place for people to get translations or updates on progress. But even as a matter of practicality, we don't have anyone willing to keep track of threads to that degree.

If you guys really want that I guess you could petition for it in the forum development sub, but I'll tell you now that I, at least, am not spending my time that way.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I mean, with all the: "link dead", "translation where?", "is the translator still alive?", etc, some way to tell could be useful.
That's going to happen regardless, the same people that can't be bothered to read the OP, ANY of the posts in the thread, or even check the dates can't be bothered to look at prefixes or even the full thread title. The only way to stop it would be to restrict who can post here, which I would REALLY like to do but screening accounts is even more of a hassle.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Maybe move the discussion in the forum development section if it keep going.

As an user, and not a mod / admin, I think that keeping the thread unlocked are usefull to point dead link and re-up them even if the translation stay unfinished forever.
If the translation is considered abandonned, maybe - if time allow - switch the title tag to show the fact : a part of the forum's user will see it and refrain from necroing for more info.

But if abandonned project thread are locked, the users who don't check the tag are just going to end up using the game thread to ask for the translation link / progress...

Can't see a final answer anywhere, but that's my 2 cents as a user.

rizo

Reputation score
Slightly worrying OP was last online nearly a month ago. :/ Hope everything is going okay though, I've see many translation projects on here where it's almost finished then the OP dissapears and it never releases. I get it takes time to bug-test but the zero communication in the last month gives me a bad feeling.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Welp kagura tweeted this game out today
they keep tweeting for game long time before they're released and after. What's important is the tweet / post indicating a release date.

Yesterday's tweet :
Twitter

“Prepare for the release of Noelle Does Her Best! by Aprico Koubou (@apricokoubou) by adding it to your wishlist and checking out the trailer!

as an (extreme) counter exemple :

Twitter

We’re excited to officially announce that we will be releasing Demon Queen Melissa developed by Acerola in Q3 of this year! A holy curse is cast upon Melissa and she must now regain her full power.
on 10th october 2019 (and the game have still to be released). While a youtube trailer is a good sign, the game can still be month or years away. It might be released in september of this year as well. You just never know with KG so keep your hope in check.

Last edited:

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Yeah so RIP OP's hard work sadly. Kagura actually turned around on this game pretty quickly. Only took a month for them to go from announcement to release.

trkmnr

Reputation score
Do any of you know anything about whether owners of the japanese DLsite version will get this as an update or will this be listed as a separate title?

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Do any of you know anything about whether owners of the japanese DLsite version will get this as an update or will this be listed as a separate title?
Do you mean tentakuru's version? unknown.
Kagura Games'? No.

trkmnr

Reputation score
Yeah nah, from the way he just vanished it's obvious tentakuru got paid off or threatened or something (not like I blame him)
I was just wondering if aprikobo was gonna update the game with the localization or it's just gonna be a separate game on steam only.
I bought the game on DLsite when it came out and after what happened I sure as hell don't feel like paying kagura a single cent.

Yilin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Kagura uncensors their games and also does back-end programming tweaks, their localizations have never and will never appear on DLsite.

I don't know if your "what happened" is in the context of Kagura picking up a game that was "claimed" by an unofficial translator, or your conspiracy theory that they forced him to cease.

For the former, the previous pages already covered it anyway, official translators have never and should never care about what has been "claimed" unofficially, especially when the unofficial translation isn't finished and has no guarantee of finishing. Even for finished games, official translations help the dev reach out to overseas markets proper. For people that are knowledgeable about the fan translation scene like ulmf, they get two options and get to choose the better one, which is a good thing.

For the latter, all I can say is 😂

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
One possiblity is that they asked tentakuru if they could finish and use his translation.