What's new

RPG Maker MV Cheat Menu Plugin

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I've created a plugin for RPG Maker MV that allows users to access a Cheat Menu in game.

I've tried to make the plugin very modular so that additions can be made easily. Feel free to fork and make additions, if they are reasonable I will accept pull requests.

It is also possible to create extension plugins that add cheats for specific game (the repo includes a documented example that adds some cheats to Cursed Armor).

Downloads

GitHub link:

Download:

Screenshots

Other Cool Stuff
I might also suggest Libellule's text hook for untranslated games: thread
It has a packaged version of my Cheat Menu, just note it is outdated at the moment so if you install my plugin with his patcher just overwrite with the /www folder downloaded from the most recent version from GitHub.

Froggus has a save editor that works with a bunch of versions of RPG maker games including MV: thread

Edits:
I will not be releasing zipped versions of future updates or updating the description on this page (having to update in multiple places was becoming a hassle).
To see the latest description see the main GitHub link.
To get the latest updates simply download from GitHub.
To see the latest changes look at the .

Last edited:

kaze91

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: RPG Maker MV Cheat Menu Plugin

I've created a plugin for RPG Maker MV that allows users to access a Cheat Menu in game. The controls are all input via the number keys [0]-[9] (not the NUMPAD).

Open the Menu by pressing the [1] Key.
Scroll between cheats with [2] and [3] Keys.

The menu can also be clicked.
Mouse left will generally scroll right or toggle.
Mouse right will scroll left.
Middle Mouse will increment by amount.

Available Cheats Are

1. God Mode for any Actor (infinite hp and mp, skills shouldn't cost anything)
  2. Set Enemy HP to 0 hp or 1 hp
  3. Toggle No Clip
  4. Edit Exp
  5. Edit Stats
  6. Edit Gold
Install

1. Unpack Game if needed.
  2. Copy and Paste this contents of this folder into folder with Game.exe
  3. Patch your www/js/plugins.js
    • Backup your www/js/plugins.js file
    • Patch
      • Run MVPluginPatcher.exe
      • or
      • Manually Add the following to your plugins.js file
      • {"name":"Cheat_Menu","status":true,"description":"","parameters":{}}
    • Delete MVPluginPatcher.exe and plugins_patch.txt

Uninstall

1. Delete www/js/plugins/Cheat_Menu.js
  2. Remove plugin entry from www/js/plugins.js
    • Ideally you can just restore you backup of plugins.js
  3. Delete MVPluginPatcher.exe and plugins_patch.txt if you haven't already

Screenshots

Download:

I've tested this to work with Cursed Armor and 魔王イリスの逆襲[RJ176175]

If there's a better place to post this please feel free to move this thread (if possible).

Edits:
Updated for mouse controls and editing gold
Thanks a lot.
I'll test on other game.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here's a link to the forum on cheat engine with how to do it with pointers.

Note that once you found the address, it appears where you can modify it as a 4 byte, which you need to change to type double. Then the right value will be there. You don't need to do the X*2+1 trick as with VX and Ace.

OP
emerald

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Here's a link to the forum on cheat engine with how to do it with pointers.

Note that once you found the address, it appears where you can modify it as a 4 byte, which you need to change to type double. Then the right value will be there. You don't need to do the X*2+1 trick as with VX and Ace.
Yeah, I've used this lua custom type for MV before. My issue with it is that it was rather slow sometimes. The point of this plugin is it allows you to instantly access common things without having to faf about with searching for the pointers. Plus its easier to activate some cheats such as god mode, stat editing, and noclip/wallhack via the in game code.

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Yeah, I've used this lua custom type for MV before. My issue with it is that it was rather slow sometimes.
the LUA have the fastscan set to 0, it's possible to up him to go a little faster ^^

----------

that plugin look nice and interessting, i will try it, if he work good, he will be a lot more easy to use that CE =)

nice works ^^

Edit : works prety nice, just one thing ^^ your MVPluginPatcher.exe break the patern of the plugins.js files
the auto generated files by Maker MV just use Lf (Chr(10)) as end of line, your patcher use CrLf (Chr(13)& Chr(10))
that will not break the game, but will give problem in the Maker MV and with other patcher ^^
i have make the same mistake at start with mine... and got some problem in Maker cause of that ^^

Last edited:
OP
emerald

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Edit : works prety nice, just one thing ^^ your MVPluginPatcher.exe break the patern of the plugins.js files
the auto generated files by Maker MV just use Lf (Chr(10)) as end of line, your patcher use CrLf (Chr(13)& Chr(10))
that will not break the game, but will give problem in the Maker MV and with other patcher ^^
i have make the same mistake at start with mine... and got some problem in Maker cause of that ^^
I've found that its not the CRLF vs LF that causes the RPG Maker MV editor to not load, but its wether everything is formatted specifically (commas at the end of lines, one entry per line). At least that's the case with the English version of the editor I've opened games with.

Went ahead and changed MVPluginPatcher.exe to output LF though, cause that is what the RPG Maker MV editor outputs.

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I've found that its not the CRLF vs LF that causes the RPG Maker MV editor to not load, but its wether everything is formatted specifically (commas at the end of lines, one entry per line). At least that's the case with the English version of the editor I've opened games with.

Went ahead and changed MVPluginPatcher.exe to output LF though, cause that is what the RPG Maker MV editor outputs.
yeah, that was not a big problem :p, but my patcher didn't liked to go after your lol :D

that alway better to keep the original output to be sure to not go in any problem somewhere ^^

i upgraded mine too... =) add a regex that replace all CrLf by Lf before patching, that will make sure to keep the original output and my patcher will not cry again if someone make something like that again :p :D

Last edited:
OP
emerald

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score

yeah, that was not a big problem :p, but my patcher didn't liked to go after your lol :D

that alway better to keep the original output to be sure to not go in any problem somewhere ^^

i upgraded mine too... =) add a regex that replace all CrLf by Lf before patching, that will make sure to keep the original output and my patcher will not cry again if someone make something like that again :p :D
Mines coded in C++ (the patcher), so when I opened the file for write back I did it with the ios:binary flag so that it writes back the '\n' characters as the single LF character instead of using window format (which is is CRLF). Running my patcher again should change all the line ends to LF.

Last edited:

slim shady

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i m not able to get this working with cursed armor, here what i did

1.) used extractor to extract the game_boxed.exe
2.) got a new folder %default folder% with all the data in it
3.) edited the plugin.js manually in %defalut folder%\www\js
4.) copy pasted those 2 files cheat_menu.css\cheat_menu.js into this plugin folder \%DEFAULT FOLDER%\www\js\plugins
5.) now i executed both game.exe and game unboxed.exe both are not working and only show a white screen

am i missing something ??? any help would be greatlt appreciated

P.S this is my first time modifying stuff so not knowledgeable abt this stuff

Wahoo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I deleted the 2 "%" in "\%DEFAULT FOLDER%" and it worked for me.

OP
emerald

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score

i m not able to get this working with cursed armor, here what i did

1.) used extractor to extract the game_boxed.exe
2.) got a new folder %default folder% with all the data in it
3.) edited the plugin.js manually in %defalut folder%\www\js
4.) copy pasted those 2 files cheat_menu.css\cheat_menu.js into this plugin folder \%DEFAULT FOLDER%\www\js\plugins
5.) now i executed both game.exe and game unboxed.exe both are not working and only show a white screen

am i missing something ??? any help would be greatlt appreciated

P.S this is my first time modifying stuff so not knowledgeable abt this stuff
As an alternate to Wahoo's method, what I usually do after your step 2.) is I copy any non executable files from where the packed exe was into the %defalut folder% (things like the www folder, that are overrides/updates for the base packed game), then rename the %defalut folder% to the game name and run the game from the Game.exe inside that folder.

But yeah removing the %'s from the file path is necessary.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Very cool.

I don't play many RPG Maker games (sorry, but most of them suck) but this will be awesome to have.

Laurentius

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Does this not work with Roundscape MV 1.5b, or did I make a mistake somewhere? I can't get the menu to appear at all, though the game launches.

It's a little laggy, but I imagine that's just Roundscape.

zelee

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

let see if its works

OP
emerald

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Does this not work with Roundscape MV 1.5b, or did I make a mistake somewhere? I can't get the menu to appear at all, though the game launches.

It's a little laggy, but I imagine that's just Roundscape.

̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶u̶g̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶i̶t̶i̶a̶l̶i̶z̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶H̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶e̶d̶?̶
[highlight]This is no longer true if you update to v13, plugin should initialize on new game as well now.[/highlight]

Also I have no idea how Roundscape works with its DRM key system (if it is present in the MV version), so I don't know if the plugin will be initialized correctly.

Edit: updated for v13

Last edited:

kaze91

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Already did just like your suggestion but i got black screen instead entering the game.
What did I missed?

OP
emerald

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Already did just like your suggestion but i got black screen instead entering the game.
What did I missed?
Do you get black screen without the plugin installed or just with it? Which suggestion are you talking about?

Sorry if I'm not understanding your question and for the really late reply.

Also which game? If you provide a link I can test to see if its an issue with the game or just something you're doing wrong.

Last edited:

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thank you for your work, it's priceless to overcome grinding.