What's new

RPG Maker MV Cheat Menu Plugin

papoz2410

Reputation score
As SoulLess Child mention, can you provide the name of game or RJ number? It's probably using custom plugin loader in which case you have to manually edit the main.js file to load the plugin.
Thanks for your reply. The name of the game is Hero II. It is not a H-game. The cheat plugin works fine with its previous version but after some update it does not.

pisøre

Reputation score
EnigmaVBUnpacker v0.41a, compiled on 22-04-2017 20:30
Supports Enigma Virtual Box v4.10..7.70
Latest version always on and

[+] Filename: C:\Users\Sovs\Desktop\CbDE Ep3 final\Captured by Dark Elves\Game.exe
[+] MD5: 9ebc7dd20fa66f5deabfd8873a4ed8c6
[+] x86 executable
[x] Expected section name ".enigma2", found ".reloc"
[x] This file is not protected with Enigma Virtual Box or is hacked.

it says that every single time and nothing unpacks, it's getting frustrating now.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
EnigmaVBUnpacker v0.41a, compiled on 22-04-2017 20:30
Supports Enigma Virtual Box v4.10..7.70

[+] Filename: C:\Users\Sovs\Desktop\CbDE Ep3 final\Captured by Dark Elves\Game.exe
[+] MD5: 9ebc7dd20fa66f5deabfd8873a4ed8c6
[+] x86 executable
[x] Expected section name ".enigma2", found ".reloc"

it says that every single time and nothing unpacks, it's getting frustrating now.
Seriously dood, just get the latest one from

MetalMorph4unico

Reputation score
Hello guys.

My RPG Maker game has no www folder. It's the "The Orc Of Vengeance [Studio Neko Kick]". There's a plenty of other games which doesn't have the www folder.

I tried EnigmaVBUnpacker (last version) in the game.exe but it show this:

EnigmaVBUnpacker v0.56, compiled on 01-03-2019 14:06
Supports Enigma Virtual Box v4.10..9.20
Latest version always on

[+] Filename: E:\prioridad 2\juegos\a grabar\The Orc Of Vengeance [Studio Neko Kick]\TheOrcofVengeance\Game.exe
[+] MD5: bd9ebb7d09f9111a9f0a0ba2238eaf80
[+] x86 executable
[x] Expected section name ".enigma2", found ".rsrc"
I really have a bad time trying to find the values (trick x*2+1 sometimes not work) and the pointers with CE. Not to mention the random crashes.
Please help.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
...going by the hint on dlsite, "The Orc Of Vengeance" is a VXAce game...though I haven't verified with the trial...

MetalMorph4unico

Reputation score
I beat the game without cheats and I dropped it. But as I said, many others RPGMaker games the same issue. Don't have the www folder, and the *.js plugins and files inside of it. There's just a file named "RGSS301.dll" inside System folder.

Here: The orc of vengeance.png

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Ordinary Cheat Engine works fine with VX Ace games - search for (number in game) * 2 + 1. So if it shows 100, search for 201, and so on.

MetalMorph4unico

Reputation score
Ordinary Cheat Engine works fine with VX Ace games - search for (number in game) * 2 + 1. So if it shows 100, search for 201, and so on.
Here:
I really have a bad time trying to find the values (trick x*2+1 sometimes not work) and the pointers with CE. Not to mention the random crashes.
Ordinary cheat engine works (and others memory editors, like ArtMoney, for instance) only in a few VX games, not in all VX games at all. I tried and have experience. Crashes are most common. Don't find the variable, Value types (2 byte or even big endian don't work) and so on...
It is not a question of cheating the games one by one, as if they were different engines, but of finding a universal system for all the games of the same engine. Like the purpose of this plugin with RPG Maker MV, please understand.

there is also an offline save editor for RPG Maker, and you might want to search for "rpg maker debug mode".
save editors do not function as memory editors. For example, they cannot grant the infinite HP cheat (god mode) in a battle. It only works for variables that are stored in a file on the hard drive, not in the volatile memory.
So hard is it to do something like rpgm-mv for VX ace?

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
...depends on how would you define "injector"...
Adding scripts to Scripts.rvdata2 bundle is only moderately difficult - and RPG Maker is by no means required.
Rethinking CheatMenu into ruby would be significantly more difficult, as the backend of ruby makers is quite less flexible than chromium.
I mean, the functions to act on variables would be (for the most part) quite easy, but input handling - not so much and those responsible for menu display - significantly less so.
The fairly common (even if less than it should be) plugin adding sound control menu would likely be a good starting point.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
...not quite specific, it's quite simple, really: whatever comes later overrides earlier definitions.
Any semblance of order (like grouping Window_* or Game_* scripts) is mostly cosmetic, except for the part that classes must come in inherit order, that is a class that inherits from another must come after the definition of the class it inherits from.
That's why all the custom scripts get to be placed after the standard scripts.
One exception *might* be the definition of rgss_main - I wouldn't be all that surprised if there was something in the C code that enforced it to be the last script.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah, but that's mostly the case for custom scripts - the base is written well enough; by VXAce it's been refined quite a few times, also there were the pre-ruby makers, so the authors already had the rough image of what would they need by XP time.
Those conditions are - for most part - ruby rules, not RPG Maker ones.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
...when I think about "code injection", not even what MV Cheat Menu auxiliaries do counts.
After all, all what those do is add the line for the Cheat Menu plugin to plugins.js in the correct format (that is the one other plugins use).
Nothing you couldn't do with even most basic text editor.
Sure, if stretch that definition till you hear it creak...

...what are we arguing here anyway ?
All what I was saying was that to edit Scripts blob in ruby makers you definitely don't need the maker software, just a bit of basic ruby knowledge.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ruby doesn't have has many options as Java/chromium when it come to opening, editing and (successfully) saving/packing files, and said options aren't exactly easy to use for quite a few people.
...I think you've meant: added helper functions and the fact MV stores scripts in separate files makes them simpler to access.
Otherwise, it's actually the opposite: file access in ruby in a part of system fundamentals, in javascript, due to its website origins, it's far less straightforward and standardized - it needs to go through node.js internal modules (probably could be made to work *properly* with other browsers, but it would be tricky) and add the earlier mentioned helpers to access local files in a reasonably simple way.

Do you you think I have anything like "extensive ruby knowledge" ?
I actually have just enough of basics to understand what's happening and put together a very simple toy to visualize some of the data in the blobs (like enemy/item/weapon/armor stats). I've got the encrypted archive access only because someone else has already written a module implementing that, but loading Marshal blobs is trivial, as long as you've got class descriptions - a matter of a single, not that long line.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
First of all, stop mixing java and javascript - name may sound similar, but those are two quite distinct languages.
Second, you're kind of wrong again: ruby might have a smaller userbase, outside the places where it's used extensively, but if you were to teach it to a newbie, it's better fleshed out than javascript; about the only javascripts advantage is that due to its strong ties to browsers, using it to get visual result (that is computer graphic) is much more simple (at least since html5).
As for "more programs to tinker with js than with ruby"...you mean besides a text editor for either of these two ?
Cause once we step away from the Makers, both are just your average script languages (well, unless you want to delve into horrors like asm.js, but ruby extensions in C are also a thing).

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
.rvdata2, .rvdata and .rxdata are all the same thing - ruby Marshal blobs. Only difference between them (except - obviously - class changes between maker versions (described in their respective manuals)) is that XP and VX were based on ruby 1.8, while VXAce is on ruby 1.9. That actually does make a difference in interpreting the data (there were somewhat significant changes in string handling between 1.8 and 1.9), yet the format is very much open source and while it did evolve during ruby history, even XP comes from the time where it's been stable.

The Maker software is mostly a map editor + UI for modifying data in those blobs written with knowledge and understanding of limits imposed by the engine, so it can - for example - stop you from changing data type of the fields or entering values the engine would consider invalid (this problem was mentioned in the thread about ruby makers' save editor, as those saves are the same thing - again, the catch is that in ruby makers you need to feed the class descriptions first, in MV those are just compressed json files).
But that's pretty much the same for both ruby makers and MV.

I think that at least wrt scripts, you're mixing up "getting to the scripts" with "editing the scripts" - "getting" takes those extra few steps on retrieving them from the blob, but once you got to them, you edit them just like any other text file (keeping in mind that they need to be utf8 encoded), then you just need to reverse those extra steps properly. Ruby maker software does that for you, when you're not using it - you need to take care for it `manually`.

MetalMorph4unico

Reputation score
It can't be that a AAA blockbuster has a 0-day trainer, and a badly implemented, buggy, inefficient small game with a javascript-like engine, that's so hard to cheat. They don't even render in OpenGL or Direct3D, not even DirectDraw. It's a browser-like game but worse.

the real problem is that there is a manifest and public willingness of the rpgmaker scene (devs) not to allow players to cheat their games at all cost. And I said cheating, not cracking. Crack their games doesn't worry them, but that someone easily uses cheat engine on them? They're not going to let that happen.

In MV, the value of the pointer (direction the pointer points to) changes each time the value of the variable is overwritten, either in-game or by external tools. This has been done so by architecture, with bad intentions to hinder. Not to mention the classic "value x2 +1"...

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
It's absolutely not intentional, but a side effect of how chrome's V8 javascript compiler works. If you use a copy of NWJS with the dev console, or run the game in a conventional web browser with its dev console, it is utterly trivial to cheat in a MV game.