What's new

RPG Maker MV Cheat Menu Plugin

OP
emerald

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It definitely works in roundscape, but literally the only thing I want to use it for is movement speed (With the save wipes in updates and all, movement speed allows me to replay the game a lot faster), since speedhack in cheat engine causes it to crash very often. However, when setting the movement speed higher, the value resets to 4 as soon as I start to move. Any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Added a fix. You can now lock the speed to the Cheat Menu displayed value. I haven't done much testing to see if this breaks events or anything though so.... be warned.
Just download latest github version, it should be there now.

Edit:
Also below I've linked a minimal version of Zeemu's Speed Hack that is compatible with my cheat plugin.
I've removed the texthook and everything but the speedhack and F12 to load game features.
Patch this version the same way as my plugin, then in game use ALT+[1-9] to set the speed hack.
This has the advantage of speeding up both movement and dialog.
It works with Roundscape from my testing.

nonameforme

Demon Girl
Reputation score
[Bug Report]
Game: Cursed Armor 1.95, and other games (Fallen: City of Ruin, etc)

Cheat that Bug: Player Speed hack

Symptom:
-If I change the speed of the game using the plugin, everything will be fine as long as I didn't quit the current game. However, if I quit to tutorial or just close the game after I use the speed cheat, I can no longer use the speed hack (the [6] and [7] to control the speed is freezed and doesn't respound). (other still seem to work fine).
-After some test and delete and new install. I am quite certain that ....
+Any save that save before the speed cheat is used, can still use the speed cheat.
+After use the speed hack and save. No matter what type of quit (terminated from task Manager, top-right close, or quit to title but still in the 'game') that happen, that save can no longer use speed hack
+deleting and reinstall all plug-in and file didn't do anything.
+New Game can still use speed hack.

It's really annoying when I play game that has character with snail speed.

OP
emerald

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score
[Bug Report]
Game: Cursed Armor 1.95, and other games (Fallen: City of Ruin, etc)

Cheat that Bug: Player Speed hack

I'll look into when I get the time, busy with work most days...
So it probably wont be until this weekend at the earliest.

I do see the likely cause of the issue though so should be able to fix it quickly once I get the time (I'm saving the initialized state flag of the speed hack so, so it gets loaded and then can never be initialized again. But it needs to be initialized on each load of the game. You can try deleting or commenting out line #65, I think that should fix it. I will test later to confirm and upload the repo)

Last edited:

nonameforme

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'll look into when I get the time, busy with work most days...
So it probably wont be until this weekend at the earliest.

I do see the likely cause of the issue though so should be able to fix it quickly once I get the time (I'm saving the initialized state flag of the speed hack so, so it gets loaded and then can never be initialized again. But it needs to be initialized on each load of the game. You can try deleting or commenting out line #65, I think that should fix it. I will test later to confirm and upload the repo)
I tried Commenting out line#65 [//Cheat_Menu.initial_values.speed_initialized = false;] and got this result.

-loading the save after modifing speed hack, the player speed is locked to the speed when the game was saved, not reset to default
-After loading, the speed is still locked and cannot be modified via cheat menu, but not to default
-After event that force player to move by script, the speed reset. (only testing with Crused Armor)

OP
emerald

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I tried Commenting out line#65 [//Cheat_Menu.initial_values.speed_initialized = false;] and got this result.

-loading the save after modifing speed hack, the player speed is locked to the speed when the game was saved, not reset to default
-After loading, the speed is still locked and cannot be modified via cheat menu, but not to default
-After event that force player to move by script, the speed reset. (only testing with Crused Armor)
Can you try commenting out lines #63 and #64 as well. For now I guess it would be best to no be saving any of the speed variables. I'll probably go back and fix it to work as expected this weekend.

OP
emerald

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Fix for Speed cheat pushed to repo, redownload and copy www folder over current game to update. You will need to save and reload any games that are currently bugged.

ElijahHu

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hi Emerald, If you could provide Yanfly Engine Of RMMV Cheat Menu Debug Mode plug-in, that would be fantastic!

OP
emerald

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hi Emerald, If you could provide Yanfly Engine Of RMMV Cheat Menu Debug Mode plug-in, that would be fantastic!
I'm aware of the Yanfly Engine Plugins, but I don't know what changes they make to the base RPG Maker MV code.

Do you have the name of an example game that is using these plugins. I can look into creating an alternate version of the Cheat Menu plugin if any significant changes need to be made to make it compatible.

valutok

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
someone know if this plugin can works with RJ220443?

Evil987

Sex Demon
Reputation score
works very well, i've used it trough the game till the end, and have save me a lot of time by skipping unwanted fight.
only some things dosent work like the cheat to drop to 0 enemy hp, that lead to an error and the game crash, but the cheat to set enemy hp to 1 works so, no problem.

valutok

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
works very well, i've used it trough the game till the end, and have save me a lot of time by skipping unwanted fight.
only some things dosent work like the cheat to drop to 0 enemy hp, that lead to an error and the game crash, but the cheat to set enemy hp to 1 works so, no problem.
then maybe I'm doing something wrong. I can't install it. Can you pass me the game with plugin installed?

Evil987

Sex Demon
Reputation score
then maybe I'm doing something wrong. I can't install it. Can you pass me the game with plugin installed?
i can't upload any sort of big file anymore, sry.
btw, u just need to copy the files (folder "www" and the "MVPluginPatcher.exe") in the directory game (where there is the game.exe) and click and execute MVPluginPatcher.exe. u will see a window prompt open and closed in less than 1 second, after that the game is patched.
in game press F1 to open the menu, and use the numerical keys to navigate the menu and do the change u whant.

valutok

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
i can't upload any sort of big file anymore, sry.
btw, u just need to copy the files (folder "www" and the "MVPluginPatcher.exe") in the directory game (where there is the game.exe) and click and execute MVPluginPatcher.exe. u will see a window prompt open and closed in less than 1 second, after that the game is patched.
in game press F1 to open the menu, and use the numerical keys to navigate the menu and do the change u whant.
it say That the plugin can be opened then game exe close

Evil987

Sex Demon
Reputation score
it say That the plugin can be opened then game exe close
dowload again the cheat patch from OP
be sure the game is unpacked, if not, use enigmaunpacker to unpack the game
then, copy the file and launch the patch exe

i have used this patch for every rpgm MV game i have, and until now only really heavy script game have some problme with it.
every other game works fine.

valutok

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
dowload again the cheat patch from OP
be sure the game is unpacked, if not, use enigmaunpacker to unpack the game
then, copy the file and launch the patch exe

i have used this patch for every rpgm MV game i have, and until now only really heavy script game have some problme with it.
every other game works fine.
I can't do it, Is there a video of someone doing this process?

OP
emerald

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Would this work for Towerfag's Towergirls Kingdom?
No that game is made in RPG Maker VX Ace.

You can extract the .rgss3a file and then open the game in the RPG Maker VX Ace editor (if you own it) and then cheat by adding events or scripts, but that is beyond the scope of this plugin as it is a different engine.

Or use one of the save editors for games in that engine (should find an online one if you google RPG Maker VX Ace save editor).

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Would this work for Towerfag's Towergirls Kingdom?
No that game is made in RPG Maker VX Ace.

You can extract the .rgss3a file and then open the game in the RPG Maker VX Ace editor (if you own it) and then cheat by adding events or scripts, but that is beyond the scope of this plugin as it is a different engine.

Or use one of the save editors for games in that engine (should find an online one if you google RPG Maker VX Ace save editor).
some people on ulmf worked on such Save Editor.

papoz2410

Reputation score
Can someone tell me how to fix if the cheat menu plugin is installed but doesn't work? I have followed all the steps mentioned in the instructions.
Thanks so much.

OP
emerald

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Can someone tell me how to fix if the cheat menu plugin is installed but doesn't work? I have followed all the steps mentioned in the instructions.
Thanks so much.
As SoulLess Child mention, can you provide the name of game or RJ number? It's probably using custom plugin loader in which case you have to manually edit the main.js file to load the plugin.